Leonard Taylor committing 8/6

BA068D26-9229-4CEB-8EDE-19AA8BCD1EFE.jpeg

Advertisement
Everything about this seems like a troll to me, but we got a **** ton of momentum going for us right now. Don't know what to think.
Same, this quarantine possibly helping alot 2 cause I dont know whats going on but this kid coming to the U as of right now. Exciting **** man I cant front this is the type of **** I ask for. We lost bad last year and are still raking in studs thats a good sign.

Advertisement
If Manny can somehow figure out how to pull his head out of his a$$ from August through December, he's building something pretty big here right now.
hes the type of guy IMO that needs the staff to handle everything, just show up show your swag be confident and get guys that know wtf they are doing. Dabo looked like a fool till he made those changes and now look......hopefully he can get his head out of his *** cause Diaz is good for tv and hype.

hes the type of guy IMO that needs the staff to handle everything, just show up show your swag be confident and get guys that know wtf they are doing. Dabo looked like a fool till he made those changes and now look......hopefully he can get his head out of his *** cause Diaz is good for tv and hype.
That's the job of a good CEO

Advertisement
Yea I think he just needs to get rid of patke and Rumph and we will really be cooking if he replaces them with great recruiters that can coach as well.

That's just my observation on it.

The Rumph fans are going to come out but to make them happy just replace Patke....i dont even know what he does let alone does well

Advertisement

And now young grasshopper, you are finally starting to understand what I've been saying for months. Diaz is finally addressing the problems that have plagued Miami going back to Larry Coker. It takes more than 1 season to get out of 20 year deep hole. You don't even have to go that far back to see the root of the problem. Al Golden recruited to build a Big 10 team. No one would dispute that. Mark Richt recruited to build a SEC team. Miamis athletes are good enough that with a SEC-lite style offense, we won 10 games but it was a pale imitation and would never hold up. However, on the defensive side, Diaz was recruiting a Miami defense. You had speed and length. It's no surprise that the defense was really the only thing carrying the program. Now Diaz is finally applying that philosophy to offense. Miami will be built on filthy, filthy speed and aggression. He also brought in a team of closers to rebuild the wall around the state of Miami. Will he ever be a good game day coach? Maybe, maybe not. But it doesn't really matter. Larry Coker proved that a coach can be a dunce as long as he has a loaded team.

he's not a dumb coach. He has to learn how to get out ahead. He makes adjustments as well as anyone. how many times has he made great half time adjustments? hes also not afraid to make staff changes which is what we always wanted. I didnt want him but this is his first HC gig.

Side note, if we get LT, it will be because of Manny.

And now young grasshopper, you are finally starting to understand what I've been saying for months. Diaz is finally addressing the problems that have plagued Miami going back to Larry Coker. It takes more than 1 season to get out of 20 year deep hole. You don't even have to go that far back to see the root of the problem. Al Golden recruited to build a Big 10 team. No one would dispute that. Mark Richt recruited to build a SEC team. Miamis athletes are good enough that with a SEC-lite style offense, we won 10 games but it was a pale imitation and would never hold up. However, on the defensive side, Diaz was recruiting a Miami defense. You had speed and length. It's no surprise that the defense was really the only thing carrying the program. Now Diaz is finally applying that philosophy to offense. Miami will be built on filthy, filthy speed and aggression. He also brought in a team of closers to rebuild the wall around the state of Miami. Will he ever be a good game day coach? Maybe, maybe not. But it doesn't really matter. Larry Coker proved that a coach can be a dunce as long as he has a loaded team.
Coker had great position coaches who ran the team.

Advertisement
So has Ed Orgeron. However, you also need a loaded staff. Coker still had Chud, Randy, Curtis Johnson, Mark Stoops, Soldinger, etc.

So has Ed Orgeron. However, you also need a loaded staff. Coker still had Chud, Randy, Curtis Johnson, Mark Stoops, Soldinger, etc.

True. But I think Diaz is doing a decent job of loading up the staff. Justice is doing work on the OL, and Lashlee will be a great HC one day somewhere. On the offense, Diaz is probably going let the offensive guys run the show. Defensively, I think a key reason he hired Baker is that he feels Baker is essentially his proxy. Baker has a similar view on a "havoc"- oriented defense (as illustrated by L Tech being one of the highest ranking in team sacks during his tenure there) as Diaz. So Diaz doesn't have to be constantly meddling and can be a CEO focused on recruiting (where the championship teams are really built), while still influencing the defense. The one weakness might be Patke, but he might just be sticking around as Diaz's emotional support animal.

True. But I think Diaz is doing a decent job of loading up the staff. Justice is doing work on the OL, and Lashlee will be a great HC one day somewhere. On the offense, Diaz is probably going let the offensive guys run the show. Defensively, I think a key reason he hired Baker is that he feels Baker is essentially his proxy. Baker has a similar view on a "havoc"- oriented defense (as illustrated by L Tech being one of the highest ranking in team sacks during his tenure there) as Diaz. So Diaz doesn't have to be constantly meddling and can be a CEO focused on recruiting (where the championship teams are really built), while still influencing the defense. The one weakness might be Patke, but he might just be sticking around as Diaz's emotional support animal.
He gets a mulligan for Enos and letting Enos hire his staff without Manny's involvement. We can chalk that up as an expensive learning mistake by a first time head coach. I am glad he made the changes he did, but the reality is he had no choice but to make those changes. I am not going to give him a gold star for making those changes, even if I like who he hired in their place.

I think he may not have wanted much more staff overhaul after one year, but Patke's ST unit cost us significantly in multiple games even if you excuse Baxa. He should have and could have upgraded that spot but didn't. We will see if he has the ability to fire one of "his guys", whether that is Patke, Baker, etc. With that said, it is a young staff, I hope they keep growing, we win 10+ games, and none of that is an issue.

Advertisement
Back