Leonard Taylor Article

Excited to see him. Sure would be nice to have a 5* step on campus and wreck **** like all the other big-time programs get. When's the last time we had a 5* walk on campus and dominate like a 5* should? Only Duke comes to mind in the last 10 years

Advertisement
Bresee was the No. 1 player in the country and physically more ready to play interior than Taylor. We're discussing LT playing out of position at DE. Bresee was physically ready to go as a DT. Not saying who'll end up better, just different expectations for them as true frosh.
We're discussing but is Simpson talking playing him at DE? Is the kid 300 pounds? As the #1 DT in the country from the best area for high school, the expectation is he can and should contribute.

Advertisement
Excited to see him. Sure would be nice to have a 5* step on campus and wreck **** like all the other big-time programs get. When's the last time we had a 5* walk on campus and dominate like a 5* should? Only Duke comes to mind in the last 10 years
I doubt that he "walks in and dominates." That's very rare for a DT. WR, DB, RB, yes. But in the trenches, it rarely happens.

It's reasonable to expect him to contribute, but I wouldn't expect domination.

I doubt that he "walks in and dominates." That's very rare for a DT. WR, DB, RB, yes. But in the trenches, it rarely happens.

It's reasonable to expect him to contribute, but I wouldn't expect domination.
Contribution is what I expect.

Domination, you would have to be an idiot to expect that from a true freshman that’s coming in mid summer, and especially a D tackle as most people realize this is, maybe next to offensive lineman, one of the most difficult positions for a true freshman to come in and dominate, or even be a good every game consistent contributor.

Your takes get worse by the hour
This is a bit different than Rivers and the OL because Manny's defense depends on disruption up front. Ford and Miller are the guys who should come rumbling onto the field when the opposing team is trying to stick it in near the goal line. Middling former 3-star prospects who had their shot. It would be a shame for local studs Roberts and Taylor to waste away behind lesser talented players who possess no ability to rush the passer.

Advertisement
Dont think so. He’s less developed S&C wise imo.
And he wasn’t enrolled early like breese. Him and James will see time towards the end of the season/ bowl game. I don’t think there’s a need to rush him onto the field unless he’s just that much better. We’re returning 90% of our guys lol

Advertisement
Back