Leonard Taylor Article

Canesfan1899

All-American
Premium
Last edited:
Advertisement
Couldn't read the full article, but personally I'd like to see Taylor at 275-280 to start. Keep him at DE where we need the most help right now and slide him inside on 3rd and long a la Rousseau. Get him 10 meaningful snaps/game and increase that as his conditioning improves. Then let him bulk up the right way over the course of a full S&C program year and plug him in for Nesta in 22.

Advertisement
Couldn't read the full article, but personally I'd like to see Taylor at 275-280 to start. Keep him at DE where we need the most help right now and slide him inside on 3rd and long a la Rousseau. Get him 10 meaningful snaps/game and increase that as his conditioning improves. Then let him bulk up the right way over the course of a full S&C program year and plug him in for Nesta in 22.
And I like the fact that he seems to acknowledge he has some bad weight he needs to shed. Feely should be able to re-make this kid into a beast.

Advertisement
https://theathletic.com/2551576/202...sive-tackle-leonard-taylor-ready-to-catch-up/

Weighing in at 308-309 right now and says he's working to lose a little weight. Said coaches haven't talked to him about playing anywhere other than DT and that's where he wants to play but would play SDE if called upon.

Seems like he has bulked up quick since many on here said he was around 270.
They 100 % talked to him about de , it was months ago but they did. I also don’t believe he’s 308.

https://theathletic.com/2551576/202...sive-tackle-leonard-taylor-ready-to-catch-up/

Weighing in at 308-309 right now and says he's working to lose a little weight. Said coaches haven't talked to him about playing anywhere other than DT and that's where he wants to play but would play SDE if called upon.

Look, he's not at the Gaytors' preferred weight for DTs, which is 450 pounds, so he needed to go on the @Paranos weight plan.

I know you have said repeatedly he's closer to 270, he was the one who said 308.
He might be in the 285-290 range now , months ago he wasn’t. If he’s 308 he’s on the Al Golden plan. I take it with a grain of salt when it comes to weight , 40 times , or pretty much anything a kid says in an interview.

But they did talk to him about possibly playing de as a Fr. That was before he got “ 308”.

Advertisement
He might be in the 285-290 range now , months ago he wasn’t. If he’s 308 he’s on the Al Golden plan. I take it with a grain of salt when it comes to weight , 40 times , or pretty much anything a kid says in an interview.

But they did talk to him about possibly playing de as a Fr. That was before he got “ 308”.
I hope he can get into school in May to give him an extra month or more to work with Feeley. Just really need to find a way to get him on the field when he's ready.

Advertisement

been a loooonnng time since there was an article about a “5 star”,”#1” term used with a recruit who ended up a Cane...

...bout **** time!

Manny is the reason for this.

1619714522356.jpeg

Roberts.

Advertisement
Back