Leonard Taylor Article

Don’t over think this. Play him day one at DT and stop experimenting. He’s a 3 and done type talent so maiximize his time here. And stop it with this experienced players ahead of him. Play the more talented player from day one unless there is an all-conference caliber player ahead of him. We don’t have that option.

Advertisement
Former Gator Legend Leonard Taylor

C8QMoQ9SXDP12Rdt_Cko4ejLIZcHzJ1R4XUotYPIcfqe2GCd1sPtCSwtddD-Mb4vAkeigyTA5cF7Ug-NJCwvIc35Khlo6NlNm2QPqjZ5LylDj_iPCfIxKg9OeebKc_82l23J1nAGFBW550WL53vtJ3BEDVR5Y-aJ

If he’s really 308 then I don’t know if that’s a good thing. Usually these kids who try to bulk don’t do it in the best way and we always see them have lose like 20 pounds or so. Excited for the kid no matter what though.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We need taller heavier DT. BTW I forgot about the Arizona DT with SoFl ties. If all wanted in I'd accept him, Tarber and Tawfiq. I know you say, not taking 3 DT/1 Technique, but remember with all the DE's available in SoFl there is a very real concern we might not get Kelly, Jackson, Stewart or what's his name. So if we can load up inside better do it.

Advertisement
Too much weight too quickly. Hope Cribby is right and he’s closer to 280-290. Get him to the Feeley ASAP!

I was told summer A but that was after he didn’t get in early. Maybe things changed.
The sooner he can get in the more time it will give him with Feeley and the more time Taylor will have to mentally and physically prepare to have a significant role on this year's squad which he will undoubtedly have barring injury.

Having said all of that, as long as he gets in I'm fine with it. Nesta, Jared Harrison Hunte, Jon Ford, Jordan Miller and Leonard Taylor to go along with Elijah Roberts and Jalar Holley is the type of quality depth that has not been seen here in a very long time. As a matter of fact, I don't think I've ever seen that type of depth at DT here at Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm praying that the 308 thing is a joke. We're going to need someone to step up at DE. If LT comes gets in good shape, he could really help getting snaps at SDE, especially if he's around 285. It would allow DeAndre to move to the WDE spot (which he looks more natural at with his quick get off). Either way, he will be needed Sept 4th and he has an opportunity to really get his name out there if he's ready to get on the field.

We dont, currently, have experience at DE (outside of DeAndre). LT could, and should, be able to get some burn at DE immediately after arriving on campus.

Truthfully, he and borregales are the only freshmen we will NEED to be ready from day 1. So this 308-309 sh*t better be a joke

Even if he is that big, he’s not starting right away. Even the best true freshman DTs take a little development time. Ed Oliver is the only one I can think of who made an immediate impact and he was a 275 lb tackle playing for a G5 program. Taylor will be in the rotation and hopefully make an impact as an inside pass rusher

Even if he is that big, he’s not starting right away. Even the best true freshman DTs take a little development time. Ed Oliver is the only one I can think of who made an immediate impact and he was a 275 lb tackle playing for a G5 program. Taylor will be in the rotation and hopefully make an impact as an inside pass rusher
Yup. DT is an extremely difficult place for a true FR to start. Leonard is really good, but I"m not sure he's that good. And we have guys who are (at this point) likely better right now. He may end up better than Nesta, JHH, et al, but right now, it's very unlikely that he is there.

Yup. DT is an extremely difficult place for a true FR to start. Leonard is really good, but I"m not sure he's that good. And we have guys who are (at this point) likely better right now. He may end up better than Nesta, JHH, et al, but right now, it's very unlikely that he is there.

This. It is VERY rare for a DT freshman to make an impact as a first year player.

As for DE/DT, he is a future DT here. He may get a look at DE as long as he shows up to camp in good shape and under 280-285. William Joseph started his career at DE and he was in that 270-280 range IIRC as a first or 2nd year guy.

Advertisement
Back