Leeward Brown has Committed

To the :neonu: ! #DALE

EXCLUSIVE: OL plans to commit to Canes this week

Miramar High School OL Leeward Brown knows where he wants to attend college: Miami.

And he plans to make that official in person this Wednesday when he takes an unofficial visit to sit with football coaches and watch the Hurricanes' basketball game vs. Notre Dame.

"I'm going to commit to Miami on Wednesday, want to wait till then because I also want to talk to my cousin first to let him know," Brown said.

That cousin is former Miramar coach Damon Cogdell, who is now a coach at West Virginia.

Assuming that doesn't thrown any wrench into things Brown says "It'll be a strong commitment."

The 6-foot-4, 338-pounder says he landed the Miami offer Feb. 5.

"They put a lot of coaches on the phone with me (that day)," he said. "I talked to coach (James) Coley, coach (Hurlie) Brown, coach (Art) Kehoe, coach Paul (Williams) and coach (Al) Golden. They said they saw my highlight tape, would like me to be a Cane, that I'm one of the few pieces they're missing to come back to the old Canes, how it was, that they want to keep all the talent home."

His reaction to the offer?

"I was fired up," said Brown, whose other offers are from Marshall, Temple and USF. "It's a family environment like it is at Miramar. When they called and let me know I had the offer I knew it would be just like home."

Brown also says he enjoyed his experience at UM's first Junior Day.

"I talked with coach Kehoe - he was saying that he liked my talent, was looking at me from the beginning, that he and my offensive line coach at Miramar are friends so he knew about me off the bat."

Brown says the Hurricanes are recruiting him to play guard.

"He has to be considered a top prospect in the country," Miramar coach Matt Strout said. "He rated the highest among the offensive linemen at the Nike Combine. He plays with great leverage, has great feet. Some have compared him to (Cane signees) Trevor Darling, KC McDermott. In my opinion he's that type of athlete. He plays with a good, wide base. He's a very good kid, coachable, knowledgeable about the game and works hard."

Strout says UM has kept Brown on its radar for the last year.

"I consider Art (Kehoe) a good friend of mine," Strout said, adding that "I wasn't surprised Miami offered him. The talent that Leeward has would definitely benefit Miami's offensive line.

Advertisement
The 6-foot-4, 338-pounder says he landed the Miami offer Feb. 5.

332.gif

Advertisement
A great pickup at a need position. Dat Run Blockin.

/offer from Marshall does worry me though.

That's a young man of substantial size.

If he does commit, I would hope it would help in flipping Tyrek Cole.

Wow really I wonder who first broke the news on this when a certain poster didn't believe me I talk to the kid everyday but guys on here thought I was making stuff up about him committing tomorrow it looks like im not making things up after all

Advertisement
Advertisement
Golden crootin its gonna be good one of the best in the country cant imagine what he can do without the probation we back!!!!

Advertisement
Wow really I wonder who first broke the news on this when a certain poster didn't believe me I talk to the kid everyday but guys on here thought I was making stuff up about him committing tomorrow it looks like im not making things up after all

But will he stick with his commitment to UM, and better yet possibly even enroll early?

Go Canes

This.

Great news guys I got some inside information on leeward and it looks great for the canes

U will find out Wednesday

Give the man some props

Advertisement
Back