Leavitt To FSU

Good news, they can hold on to the delusional hope that a coordinator can save taggart. May buy him another year

Advertisement
It’s the defense. Giving up 2 4th quarter tds directly after being handed a lead is unacceptable

It’s the offense as well... constantly falling behind on the score board and coming up short when there have been plenty of opportunities to score enough points to win is unacceptable.

I'll start by saying fck fsu and everything they do.

That said, you guys act like it's a lot easier than it really is. Just because fsu has money doesn't make it easy to find good coaches. You've got unproven guys, who are just that...you're really taking your chances with them. You've got guys who did it at a lower level, and that's always a crap-shoot. Plenty of them will flame out and waste your time/money. You've got guys who were great at another P5 program but want to move up a position. Can they make the leap from DL to DC? Who tf knows, but often times not. Then you've got your top tier guys who have done well at another P5 program and are willing to come to your team at the same position. But you're going to pay out the *** for them, and they still aren't a sure thing. Lots of them work really well in the specific situation they have at a different school, and you won't be able to replicate that. Saban has the cash to have guys to coach and guys to recruit, but almost nobody else does. So maybe they're a great recruiter, but you don't have the bags they need. Or they suck at recruiting which didn't show at their last stop but won't work for you. And then there are the great coaches who are exactly what you need and can do the job, but just don't want to work for your particular school. I might think highly of Jimbo, but if I'm an established coach at a bigtime program, I'm not burning down my career to go to TAMU. Even for big money, I don't believe you're coming out of that place worth more than you went in at, so is it really worth it? Lots of people won't.

I say all this in reference to Miami obviously. Dudes running around here acting like if we just get this or that guy we'd be set, but it's just not that simple.

Agree! I’d like to see that same desperation from manny. Be nice to see him bring in a guy like soldinger as an analyst to help frat boy get our special teams up to par. But in typical Hard headed stubborn Miami HC fashion he won’t. Smh
Have you considered that we might not have the cash, or he might not want to coach again, or, how about this, or he just wouldn't work out as an analyst? What makes you think it goes smoothly when you undercut your guys by bringing in an analyst? Think there's no tension there?

Advertisement
Have you considered that we might not have the cash, or he might not want to coach again, or, how about this, or he just wouldn't work out as an analyst? What makes you think it goes smoothly when you undercut your guys by bringing in an analyst? Think there's no tension there?
Well if I was patke I’d take as much help as I could get. You know a first time assistant coach with no resume can’t really have an ego yet, plus with the performance his teams have put on the field I would expect him to be real humble. Also if he fails, then Diaz fails and both our out of a job and good luck getting another coaching job patke. So yea if soldy wants to come on board, you welcome him with open arms or get ready for the unemployment line.

Diaz is 2 games into his tenure and hasn't "done anything" so now FSU is "running circles around us". This is the same FSU team that almost just lost to ULM. You can't possibly be this stupid.
we are 0-2 we lost to north carolina not in basketball in football, nuff said

Well if I was patke I’d take as much help as I could get. You know a first time assistant coach with no resume can’t really have an ego yet, plus with the performance his teams have put on the field I would expect him to be real humble. Also if he fails, then Diaz fails and both our out of a job and good luck getting another coaching job patke. So yea if soldy wants to come on board, you welcome him with open arms or get ready for the unemployment line.
That sounds logical, but I think we have a lot of experience with coaches who would rather drive the program into the ditch than ask for help or change anything at sll.

Advertisement
It’s gonna be amazing to watch Taggart make these really great hires but still fail.

Just shows how awful he is as a head coach. There’s no savin’ him.

It’s the offense as well... constantly falling behind on the score board and coming up short when there have been plenty of opportunities to score enough points to win is unacceptable.
Everyone knows the offense was a work in progress and it’s clearly getting better. But I thought we could at least lean more on the defense to make the plays expected early on in the season. Bottom line both sides got to play better but at least early on I was Expecting more out of the defense and rightfully so. That offense is pretty **** young vs tons of experience on defense outside of a few dbs and being in 4 years now of mannys system

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
This D won’t be his this year but next year maybe. They aren’t about to overhaul their whole defense mid season just because of leavitt

He's not going to overhaul verbage...but you'd have to be the most naive person on the planet to think that from this point forward he isn't going to have direct say on defensive calls on all sorts of down and distances.

Friend who played for him said he was in his dog house because he wouldn’t rush back from a torn acl. Dudes nuts.

Still a good coach. Said the biggest difference between him and Holtz were the practices. Full contact, full go every **** day. Felt like they wore down at the end of the year not having much depth at USF

That's old school...I think they all did that back in the day.

Years ago I read this book on Texas football, Meat on the Hoof. Read through this blogpost, some of it relates to what they do now at Iowa, that is an improvement, probably like many colleges, The book which is discussed in the blog really makes Texas look pretty ruthless. I think the Texas story was quite typical in the 50's and 60's. Leavitt is probably a product of that era.

https://danmatheson.wixsite.com/spo...-Since-Meat-on-the-Hoof-Rocked-College-Sports

Everyone knows the offense was a work in progress and it’s clearly getting better. But I thought we could at least lean more on the defense to make the plays expected early on in the season. Bottom line both sides got to play better but at least early on I was Expecting more out of the defense and rightfully so. That offense is pretty **** young vs tons of experience on defense outside of a few dbs and being in 4 years now of mannys system

The offense has all the returning talent though? Wide receivers, TIght ends, running backs, and a QB that’s been here two years and won a qb competition against 2 other very good QBs. Oline has enough returning talent to have a running game that’s looking as good if not better than the last couple years. With a new OC that’s suppose to be miles better than Richts but the scoring output is about the same or worse. They should be able to carry the team against less talented competition so we are not depending on a kicker to tie games against UNC.

Advertisement
Back