Le Batard in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
if this wasn’t a canesinsight thread, just from reading these posts and without any background knowledge I would think we are knee deep in sec/bama country with some of these views smh. When are people going to acknowledge the racist and demeaning rhetoric trump consistently spew’s and disavow it? People need to stop pretending it isn’t an issue or having their head in sand because it is plain in sight to say the least. He has only emboldened racism since he’s been in office. His slogan is “make American great again”, but when was it ever great? Especially for minorities? All I see Is the hate in the country getting worse and worse by the passing months and that’s saddening to see as a young black male. Treat people the way you want to be to be treated period regardless of the varying differences that may exist.

Dan lebatard was absolutely right for saying what he said period. Making people hear what they don’t want to is not always supposed to be comfortable for them and if it comes by way of an avenue during sports so be it but the message still needs to be said regardless.

My own politics aside, Lebatard frames everything through his personal experience via his Cuban refugee turned American citizen parents. That's why I say he doesn't deserve a ton of courage points here. IF this is soooo important to him and if being silent is being complicit (his words) then have the cojones to call your own community out as being raging hypocrites and lacking moral fiber (by Lebatard's standard). Trump has a 53% approval rate within the Cuban community.
But wouldn’t you say lumping a whole community together is ignorant..just because some in the Cuban/Hispanic community support trump doesn’t mean all do...it’s like say all whites are responsible for racism or all blacks are responsible for gang violence in America..53% is a little more than half so clearly plenty don’t support him

For fūcks sake

B21BCDC6-BB63-4270-A646-B02D95FE6826.gif

Advertisement
if this wasn’t a canesinsight thread, just from reading these posts and without any background knowledge I would think we are knee deep in sec/bama country with some of these views smh. When are people going to acknowledge the racist and demeaning rhetoric trump consistently spew’s and disavow it? People need to stop pretending it isn’t an issue or having their head in sand because it is plain in sight to say the least. He has only emboldened racism since he’s been in office. His slogan is “make American great again”, but when was it ever great? Especially for minorities? All I see Is the hate in the country getting worse and worse by the passing months and that’s saddening to see as a young black male. Treat people the way you want to be to be treated period regardless of the varying differences that may exist.

Dan lebatard was absolutely right for saying what he said period. Making people hear what they don’t want to is not always supposed to be comfortable for them and if it comes by way of an avenue during sports so be it but the message still needs to be said regardless.
Thank you! Well put

Advertisement
Simply put, Trump is a piece of garbage.

I've always viewed the president as one who should be a great uniter rather than a divider. A president is supposed to work for the betterment of all. He fails on these two key points at every turn, playing it like he's a petulant child.

Both candidates sucked. This guy sucked more and the majority of those who voted didn't want him. He is an embarrassment to this country when he should be our biggest ambassador.

Make America Great Again. Anybody but this ******* should be NEXT.

I've always viewed the president as one who should be a great uniter rather than a divider. A president is supposed to work for the betterment of all. He fails on these two key points at every turn, playing it like he's a petulant child.

Both candidates sucked. This guy sucked more and the majority of those who voted didn't want him. He is an embarrassment to this country when he should be our biggest ambassador.

ed0.jpg

You take a ton of **** on here, and I mostly defend you.

You couldn't be more wrong or distorted on your view above.

It tragically is what it is.

Advertisement

This guy just asked "when was it ever great " talking about the greatest country man has ever known .

This guy is the Democratic party .

God bless America .

Name one POTUS, one, that was a great uniter in the eyes of the unelected party.

Goodness, even knives came out for George Washington near the end.

Where did all the double speak and "great leadership" of previous POTUS' get us?

Trump might be a douche, but at least he's upfront about who he is and what he does.

What have the Ds (the party of slavery btw) actually done for minorities or the lower classes? I mean besides drive by in hollywood limos and feel bad about the little people.

The Rs? What have they done for the same? They might look down their noses, but at least they provide some jobs and productivity.

And ambassador POTUS?

Haven't had one since Teddy R and Ronnie R. Maybe Johnny K, when he wasn't f[]cking everyone in DC.

So what POTUS had the best policies and character?

I'll swiss cheese anybody you put up.

Advertisement
This guy just asked "when was it ever great " talking about the greatest country man has ever known .

This guy is the Democratic party .

God bless America .
Well it certainly wasnt that great from 1776 to at least 1865 for black folks. And I'm not even counting Reconstruction or Jim Crow.

But Trumps entire slogan is MAGA which implies America stopped being great at some point.

Can you tell me when exactly that was?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back