LCE, D$, any other S Fl high football dudes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivins...goes without saying, but found it interesting that he compared Jacoby George who no one on this site really talks about to Richards.

Attachments

• 526AD3B4-3CDA-40E2-8B27-9B63E592FC8E.jpeg
    526AD3B4-3CDA-40E2-8B27-9B63E592FC8E.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 241
Advertisement
Ahmmon is about a half a step faster, if he was a low-mid 4.4 kid, Mello is around low 4.5 ish.

They have a similar physical frame in terms of being more of a lean muscular build, but can definitely add more weight. Mello's lower body is much skinnier than Ahmmon's though.

Ahmmon was a long strider with more wiggle, Mello doesn't cut on a dime in the same capacity that Ahmmon could, not that he can't he just rarely has to.

Mello I think has better hands, he's a very consistent hands catcher, he plucks the ball out of the air & can make toufh contested catches with CB's draped all over him, Ahmmon was good at that too though, so that could be a push.

Mello is a polished route runner, his in & out release, his ability to stem routes & stack DB's, he routinely wins the leverage battle at the line of scrimmage & is surprisingly physical with hand fighting against aggressive CB's, he understands how to get depth & create separation with his upper body. A long angular style route runner that can make acrobatic catches & has quick feet. He's learned a lot of the tricks of the trade from his cousin Ocho Cinco in how to win vs Press man with his feet & his setups.

He's a very smart kid with an A+ work ethic, he's competitive & loves to battle, a juice guy in the locker room that'll get his teammates fired up in big moments.

He has potential to be an immediate impact guy like Ahmmon was, Idk if he'll be as productive right away as AR was because with this staff you know Seniority supersedes all & they'll probably be starting Wiggins next year lol, but he's definitely a kid that will work his tail off & if the opportunity is presented he'll play hard.

Last edited:
How is the comp Ahmmon Richards but the projection undrafted free agent?
Development!!! What were the Pope and Ryan Moore comp’s? It really doesn’t matter. The QB, offense and coaching does matter. Development would include Work ethic, staying healthy, and how well they receive coaching.

Advertisement
Go check the Jacolby George thread where I've been updating his stats throughout the year, I talk about him plenty.
This WR class is filled with kids that are going to contribute IMO. George and Smith as yac guys, Brinson as maybe the #1 WR we have been looking for. And Curtis who knows but the kid can ball.

Development!!! What were the Pope and Ryan Moore comp’s? It really doesn’t matter. The QB, offense and coaching does matter. Development would include Work ethic, staying healthy, and how well they receive coaching.
OK and I hear you about the past and certain positions in the present. But Likens has put multiple guys in the first round and we run a modern offense, so I am not buying that here. Plus, I am not sure that is the point of the article.

Advertisement
OK and I hear you about the past and certain positions in the present. But Likens has put multiple guys in the first round and we run a modern offense, so I am not buying that here. Plus, I am not sure that is the point of the article.
I wasn’t arguing just making a general statement about any recruit. Likens is a proven WR coach and has put guys in the league. I didn’t read the article and wasn’t really speaking on it. It’s a legitimate question.

Richard's was super special, as elite as any WR here or elsewhere. He had a very nuanced game, a player who you knew immediately when you would see plays of his.

His best attribute was how he did things his own unique way. He had speed, but wasn't the fastest on the field. Watch his film, the stutter steps, longer steps, way he used his entire body to slow / freeze people into thinking he's doing one thing and doing another. His upper body at times is almost heading a different direction from his bottom half or visa versa. He would head directions nobody normally does, it doesn't make sense you think, but he makes it work using all that crazy mojo he played with.

He really was nuts and I'm sorry the young man had to find a new dream to chase. He was going to have a long career with the sky being the limit on how good he was.

Brinson isn't on that level. He could be very good, but there's very few people I put on Richard's level.

Advertisement
Back