LCE, D$, any other S Fl high football dudes

WR unit next year could actually be pretty solid. If Harley keeps playing like he is, if we see Pope play like he did in the second half last week, and if Wiggins could get it together then the competition will be fun especially with Smith, George, Brinson, and Curtis coming in. Then add the 4 freshmen we currently have.
Harley a senior? Bobblehead pope should not be getting much PT if the younger guys have any ounce of talent

Advertisement
Harley a senior? Bobblehead pope should not be getting much PT if the younger guys have any ounce of talent
Yes he could come back and he’d be smart to do so. I’d rather see the younger guys get pt over Pope but if he plays like he did in the second half last week then can’t really argue him being out there.

Yes he could come back and he’d be smart to do so. I’d rather see the younger guys get pt over Pope but if he plays like he did in the second half last week then can’t really argue him being out there.
1 half compared to 2 years of dropping balls, punts(but when he does catch it its inside the 10 yard line), etc.....

1 half compared to 2 years of dropping balls, punts(but when he does catch it its inside the 10 yard line), etc.....
You have a point. I’m not a fan of Pope but seeing that second half had to be a confidence booster for him. Need a couple others to step up at WR to complement Harley.

Advertisement
@Canemang

2 different WRs if you ask me. Mello has a good bunch of athleticism but Ahmmon was on a different level. A good comparison would be Allen Hurns but more developed coming out of High School. The key with Mello is refining technique and adding strength/weight. I wouldn’t expect him his first year UNLESS the depth is THAT bad.

Richard's was super special, as elite as any WR here or elsewhere. He had a very nuanced game, a player who you knew immediately when you would see plays of his.

His best attribute was how he did things his own unique way. He had speed, but wasn't the fastest on the field. Watch his film, the stutter steps, longer steps, way he used his entire body to slow / freeze people into thinking he's doing one thing and doing another. His upper body at times is almost heading a different direction from his bottom half or visa versa. He would head directions nobody normally does, it doesn't make sense you think, but he makes it work using all that crazy mojo he played with.

He really was nuts and I'm sorry the young man had to find a new dream to chase. He was going to have a long career with the sky being the limit on how good he was.

Brinson isn't on that level. He could be very good, but there's very few people I put on Richard's level.
I mean no offense but Mello is way more polished of a player than AR was and I think AR would admit that. We’ve actually talked about it. AR is faster but they’re the same player Mello is a better route runner and is just as explosive. If given the chance we have a do over at a AR type player.

i say it every AR thread, his injury set the mark Richt comeback tour back 2 years, he was going to be the elite guy that was going to establish Miami again as the place elite guys go to, and yet here we are still praying brinson is that guy

Advertisement
i say it every AR thread, his injury set the mark Richt comeback tour back 2 years, he was going to be the elite guy that was going to establish Miami again as the place elite guys go to, and yet here we are still praying brinson is that guy

When he went down, we had no legitimate number one threat at the position. People were optimistic about Thomas, but that didn't pan out. Even when he played sporadically that last year, you could see how special and what a difference maker he was. What a shame, the sport lost a future star for sure.

If Brinson is anything like AR, then we are in for a treat. I remember there was talk on this board of him possibly playing safety. I saw his film for the first time and was like there's no way you put this guy on defense. Some of the best wr film I've seen. Just made it look effortless.

When he went down, we had no legitimate number one threat at the position. People were optimistic about Thomas, but that didn't pan out. Even when he played sporadically that last year, you could see how special and what a difference maker he was. What a shame, the sport lost a future star for sure.
I realized how good he was when he came back for the Duke game after his hammy issue. You could tell he still wasn’t 100% but DB’s had no answer for him. He plucked a couple back shoulder throws and later took the slant to the house. For sure the sport missed out on AR’s potential.

Advertisement
Back