LBs

Im not worried about our linebackers against the run. The literal only area that Mike and Pinck havent shown to be elite in is coverage and even in that they have improved every year. Going into this season the least of my concerns are those 2.
Pinck’s best attribute is his coverage...

Advertisement
Any of those guys linebackers? I don’t see him out there returning kicks or catching passes. And the pistols things is not a play

hahaha mannnn you know what I meant... how about Barrow's hit on Vanover? Dan Morgan INT vs FSU? better?

For the record, I would much rather have a guy who is consistent over a guy that provides ONE big highlight. However, Shaq has been more than consistent a 4 year starter and leader of a top defense, it seems all he is missing to cement himself is to get one big memorable hit, play, fumble recovery etc.

I really like our LBers....That being said, the next person who mentions their names in the same sentence as Barrow, Smith & Armstead, needs to jump off the roof of Parliament House here in O-Town, and land directly in the dressing room of that nights performer.

Ya man I'm not so sure about that. Idk if it's speedy backs, or just defending between the tackles but, we're not great at it...

2018 vs UVA: 140+ rushing yards/3.5 average
2018 vs Vtech: 110+ rushing yards/3.6 average
2018 vs Duke: 150 rushing yards
2018 vs Wisc: 280+ rushing yards
2018 vs LSU: 160+ rushing yards/3.8 average

not really the strongest trait by the LBs.

Respectfully

As great of a defense as we had in every other category Miami finished number 42 in rush defense.

I’m not sure where you guys are getting top 25 from in rush defense. If we adjusted it it’s probably worse because we held those FCS teams down.

But out LB play has been great so I don’t know what that guys talking about but we can definitely clean up the run and become top 25 in rush defense this year

Advertisement
Respectfully

As great of a defense as we had in every other category Miami finished number 42 in rush defense.

I’m not sure where you guys are getting top 25 from in rush defense. If we adjusted it it’s probably worse because we held those FCS teams down.

But out LB play has been great so I don’t know what that guys talking about but we can definitely clean up the run and become top 25 in rush defense this year
Smh, if you get 40 rush attempts per game of course you are going to give up 140 yards per game or so. Miami was top 25 in yards given up per carry which was 3.54 which is great

Smh, if you get 40 rush attempts per game of course you are going to give up 140 yards per game or so. Miami was top 25 in yards given up per carry which was 3.54 which is great

Compare our total rush defense with other top programs bro.

Are you saying teams aren’t running the ball as much on other good teams?

hahaha mannnn you know what I meant... how about Barrow's hit on Vanover? Dan Morgan INT vs FSU? better?

For the record, I would much rather have a guy who is consistent over a guy that provides ONE big highlight. However, Shaq has been more than consistent a 4 year starter and leader of a top defense, it seems all he is missing to cement himself is to get one big memorable hit, play, fumble recovery etc.

You didn’t seem him return that fumble against Georgia tech for a touchdown?

Advertisement
Total rushing defense is a useless statistic if you don’t factor average rush given up per rush

I factor in both my man. I just think this unit CAN do better. I’m not saying we are terrible by any means. But I think Miami can do a lot better potentially this years depending on how these DTs step up.

I think this group can be dominant. Like top 10 in both categories. Also I forget about how often the defense was on the field to give opponents that many chances to run the football.

Gotta take that into consideration as well

Its hard to judge when the defense was on the field some much..when our defense made stops, the offense didnt do nothing with the ball putting them right back the field...over the course of a game that tired out our defense witch gave them more opportunity to gash the D with big runs

Advertisement
Back