LBs

Advertisement
Anyone still putting stock in a sorry *** bowl game where we quit is a mongrel. The mindset of that team was trash and will be nothing like the one we see on August 24.

You get what’s going on here don’t you? Couple of guys with agendas to trash the linebackers making their case.

You dont control the clock with less than 4 yards per cary. We lost those games because of bad field position, turnovers and not being able to move the ball which all goes hand to hand. The only team that controls the ball running a billion times is Georgia Tech and thats because they average 5.5 ypc although we held them to 4.6
You average 3.5 yards running the ball and you never see a 4th down. so like I said, you run the rock (effectively) and you control the clock. Yea, our offense was bad but our run defense wasn't GREAT. that's all I'm saying. We got some pirranahs out here waitin to pounce lol.

Advertisement
You average 3.5 yards running the ball and you never see a 4th down. so like I said, you run the rock (effectively) and you control the clock. Yea, our offense was bad but our run defense wasn't GREAT. that's all I'm saying. We got some pirranahs out here waitin to pounce lol.
Top 25 in rushing yards per carry given up is great if it’s 130 teams in the country

Last edited:
Huh? Shaq is rock solid almost every time he's on the field. But because he hasn't made any Sportscenter Top Ten lists he's trash?!? Total fail on this post.

I could be wrong but I think he is not questioning his day in/day out ability and production but just saying he needs to have that one big game moment where he will be remembered for it.... He is a great Cane but I think he is commenting as to that one play for example

Hester KO return vs. UF
ST helicopter hit
Walsh to Irvin against FSU
Thrill Hill's pistols

something like that.

Advertisement
I could be wrong but I think he is not questioning his day in/day out ability and production but just saying he needs to have that one big game moment where he will be remembered for it.... He is a great Cane but I think he is commenting as to that one play for example

Hester KO return vs. UF
ST helicopter hit
Thrill Hill's pistols

something like that.
Ok, fair enough. I don't understand that logic either though. I'd rather my Mike be consistently good every play than be remembered for one big highlight. But ok, I get what he was saying. I take back my trash comment then... sort of. LOL

Hard to diagnose just looking at it like that.... Obviously LSU broke the one long run when I don't believe either LB was on the field, Wisc, we got manhandled at Oline, UVA I think their QB ran for a bunch of yards. Don't recall Duke or Vtech but I think giving up 110 yards TOTAL on the ground isn't awful. Not great like you said but def not in the realm of the others.

Not to mention when we look at Perine highlights he was running behind a completely different Oline with future NFL players. I think everyone, even the gator included, believe the Oline will have some drop-off so lets see how he does.
Lol Duke had that bull**** 75 yard touchdown run from the first snap

Hester KO return vs. UF
ST helicopter hit
Thrill Hill's pistols

something like that.

Any of those guys linebackers? I don’t see him out there returning kicks or catching passes. And the pistols things is not a play

Not true.

Barry Sanders averaged 5 yards a carry for his career.

Detroit still punted.

Long runs skew the average and getting 3.5 yards a carry is not good at all.

This is a poor argument to say our run game isn’t good. Pass defense was awesome and run defense was good.

You can’t hang defenses out to dry hoping to win 10-7 with a terrible punter.

It ain’t 1974.

Advertisement
you run the rock 40 times and score twice, you eat up 2 quarters of play and keep the defense on the field. That's what i'm talking about.

Xactly!

Gotta get stops on third.

Then again, our offense was always three and out - not good for any defense, no matter how good they are.

S&P+ had our rush defense at 25th. A relative weakness for a top 10 unit, but very solid.

that’s more tackles for loss and sacks than top 5 pick Devin white had at LSU last year
It's a different system. We led the nation in sacks. If you think Shaq is a top 5 pick going into next year then we just disagree. White takes over games, unblockable at times. Shaq isn't that type player (no flame). Very solid, not elite.

Advertisement
It's a different system. We led the nation in sacks. If you think Shaq is a top 5 pick going into next year then we just disagree. White takes over games, unblockable at times. Shaq isn't that type player (no flame). Very solid, not elite.
Never said he would be a top 5 pick. But it’s funny that the narrative is he isn’t a disruptive or impact player yet he outpaces guy in a number of categories in tfls and sacks like Devin white but it’s deemed meaningless. And for the same reason you say this Is a different system for shaq then that should apply to Devin white too right since the system allows him to get 120 plus tackles or so. I think both quarterman and Pinckney should absolutely be deemed as elite linebackers at the college level given how productive each have been and leading a great defense the last couple of years entering their senior year.

Just for perspective purposes but quarterman had more tfls than any sec player and most importantly dlineman returning in the sec. that’s very impressive

Last edited:
Never said he would be a top 5 pick. But it’s funny that the narrative is he isn’t a disruptive or impact player yet he outpaces guy in a number of categories in tfls and sacks like Devin white but it’s deemed meaningless. And for the same reason you say this Is a different system for shaq then that should apply to Devin white too right since the system allows him to get 120 plus tackles or so. I think both quarterman and Pinckney should absolutely be deemed as elite linebackers at the college level given how productive each have been and leading a great defense the last couple of years entering their senior year.

Just for perspective purposes but quarterman had more tfls than any sec player and most importantly dlineman returning in the sec. that’s very impressive

We can go back & forth all day. You inferred by comparing to White, I simply stated he was not that caliber of LB. Yes he is disruptive behind the LOS. That is literally what our defense does. We lead the nation in TFL & sacks.

You responded to/took offense to a man saying he doesn't have a game changing play. It's not a flame. It's who he is. Solid. Reliable. Consistent. A coaches dream. Doesn't make him dominant. Nor is it an insult.. I digress.

/Huge fan of his & his pops. Elite person. That's what matters most.

CEE3D411-8EFD-493C-957A-E256D559F0E6.jpeg
They weren't in the top 25 last year in this category...
Yes they were, sort it at yards per rush and it will tell you there top 25 in that category. Only reason why the rushing defense was ranked 42nd because it only goes by the total yards given up statistic and not how many given up per rush.

We have up 142 rushing yards per game, in the ACC where we only faced 3 above average RB. Most of the time when teams ran power plays we got killed. Shaq is terrible at fighting off blocks, and meeting RBs in the whole, Mike, choses a side too much, and McCloud don’t wrap up. I’m not saying they are not good, but they are not a good as we make them seem.

Advertisement
Back