LB's predict

And Trent Harris is working out as a backer...which puzzles me ...all the names we are mentioning...all will be back next year except for Grace...how much room do we have? More rhan 30% of our defense schollies are at LB..i feel you will play alot more DL...i think we need to be like 40% on the DLine they will rotate more

Advertisement
And Trent Harris is working out as a backer...which puzzles me ...all the names we are mentioning...all will be back next year except for Grace...how much room do we have? More rhan 30% of our defense schollies are at LB..i feel you will play alot more DL...i think we need to be like 40% on the DLine they will rotate more

I wouldn't worry about Trent. I don't think he's athletic enough at LB for Diaz's scheme and doesn't fit what they're looking for at DE either. He's prob being used as additional depth at LB. My guess is that he won't see the field too much in this defense (was a Golden special)

I think moving Harris to LB makes perfect sense. He's too small to play DE in a 4-3 scheme and **** he's been covering slot receivers for the last 2 years so he should be good in space. Now they need to move Mike Smith to DE which would offset the change.

I wouldn't worry about Trent. I don't think he's athletic enough at LB for Diaz's scheme and doesn't fit what they're looking for at DE either. He's prob being used as additional depth at LB. My guess is that he won't see the field too much in this defense (was a Golden special)

No he wasn't, Trent Harris was known as a very good 4 star pass rusher in Florida coming out in 2014. He's in the same boat as Mike smith for me, to slow for a linebacker but can be a good 4-3 defensive end who can get after the passer if he put on 15 more pounds or so

Last edited:

No he wasn't, Trent Harris was known as a very good 4 star pass rusher in Florida coming out in 2014. He's in the same boat as Mike smith for me, to slow for a linebacker but can be a good 4-3 defensive send who can get after the passer if he put on 15 more pounds or so

I agree if Trent Harris puts on 15 pounds of good weight he could be an excellent pass rusher. And as for Mike Smith I met him personally at the spring game last year and he's too big and slow for LB.

Advertisement
Are they still working Harris out at MLB? Because that is where they had him. Which means it will be Young, Shaq, Harris?

Look at the names, though. You have a handful of guys that won't see the field much or are depth fillers at this point (Smith, McCray, Harris, Gayot, King) and two others that could possibly be in that group as well (Perry Gordiner).

So many LBs, so many unanswered questions concerning this unit.

Competition,more competition brings out the best in players. Then may the best players step forward.

Think the rumors of Gayot being gone are true. Saw him at the wellness center today working out which is the gym for non-athletes. Also saw Jake O'Donnell last week who is no longer on the team.

Advertisement
I did say before that I thought Mike Smith could add depth to our LB corp. I really haven't seen him run to make a judgement on his speed, but remember we're dealing with a new philosophy for training so he may drop a few pounds. If so, he and Trent for that matter can be used coming off the edge or pushing up the middle. We just can't write half the team off before the new staff has a chance work with, evaluate and determine where and how best used.

Advertisement
Back