LB Visiting this weekend

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Got word last night that Alex Figueroa from Stafford, Virginia was here for a visit.

Staff apparently loves the kid. I'll have more details later

Advertisement
This kid is like 20 min from me, he dominated this year. I love that we are finally dipping in Virginia.

Looks like we have been on him for a while

But Figueroa said he worked diligently to improve his grades, and on Tuesday he was accepted into Fork Union Military Academy. Figueroa said he’ll enroll in Fork Union on Aug. 15.
He plans to spend one semester at the prep school in Fluvanna County with hopes of landing a scholarship offer from a major Division I program.
“I expect the next semester will be like his junior year of high school,” Brooke Point coach Jeff Berry said. “He’s going to be heavily recruited. There’s no doubt he’s one of the best in the state. I believe when it’s all said and done, he’ll be a national recruit, not a regional recruit.”
Figueroa (6-foot-4, 230 pounds) was an All-Area selection at outside linebacker for the Black–Hawks last season. He was one of 400 nominees for the U.S. Army All-America Bowl.
He also played wide receiver for Brooke Point, but Berry said he’ll likely play defense at Fork Union.
Figueroa said he began the school year with a 1.5 grade-point average but raised it to 2.3 by the end of the year. He’s hoping to improve his SAT score at Fork Union.
Figueroa said when he signed with Shepherd he told its coaching staff he was holding out hope that he would improve his grades enough to get into Fork Union.
“Fork Union was the initial choice for me, but I wasn’t sure what was going to happen,” Figueroa said. “I signed with Shepherd in case things didn’t work out with Fork Union, but of course it did.”
Berry said he has already talked to coaches from Miami, Virginia and Virginia Tech regarding Figueroa.

Advertisement
Math was never my best subject, but we are talking to too many kids to be thinking of taking only 15, Me thinks that is a Golden psychological ploy.

Math was never my best subject, but we are talking to too many kids to be thinking of taking only 15, Me thinks that is a Golden psychological ploy.

More like a contingency plan in case one of the primary targets doesn't work out (grace, Thomas, et al).

More like a contingency plan in case one of the primary targets doesn't work out (grace, Thomas, et al).

Not 100% sure of that, AU. From what we both heard they have been on this kid for a while, and would love to get him. I think they would take 3 if the right three are there.

Advertisement

Not 100% sure of that, AU. From what we both heard they have been on this kid for a while, and would love to get him. I think they would take 3 if the right three are there.

Interesting bomber. He strikes me as an under the radar kind of kid and in a class of 15-16, and we already have (theoretically) grace and Thomas in the bag and huge needs elsewhere, I wonder if coaches think he's good enough to get a schollie. But, at 6-4,230 LBs and can run, it's tempting!

Seems to me that with Defense being such a weakness, Golden will take an extra player or two to bolster that side. Not something that he would do on offense. So for example, its AJL OR Coley, but not both.

Okay, I'm confused. Looking him up and he's a 2012 kid that had 0 offers. Did he go prep or something? I can't find anything on that though.

EDIT: Nevermind. Problem2 answered my question

Kid had a 1.5 GPA. How many offers could he expect?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Everyone thinks 15... Stop it, lol 15 plus the 5 EE's and attrition will still put us in position to self impose. I would be shocked if the final class finished under 19. I have to believe at this point ALJ & Bostwick are not coming this season. Also, a LB with that kind of height and size could also be poised to be a rush DE.

24 Nov $$Maken_MoFO_GeeBrez ‏@jeanlouis5
Dats wat I'm talkn bout Florida all the FSU fans take yo *** home
Expand

24 Nov deon bush ‏@deonbushlive2
@jeanlouis5 you ready bra??
Expand

@deonbushlive2 I'm 5oo% ready man you knw we all were born for this G

conversation between Deon and AJL

I think it's a bit of both.

This is the most organized staff headed into signing day that I can remember.

Dats wat I'm talkn bout Florida all the FSU fans take yo *** home
Expand

24 Nov deon bush ‏@deonbushlive2
@jeanlouis5 you ready bra??
Expand

@deonbushlive2 I'm 5oo% ready man you knw we all were born for this G

conversation between Deon and AJL

AJL got no time for grades man

Get him in Al

Advertisement