LB Vincent Shavers commits to Canes

View as article
Advertisement
That’s what I mean, Mario’s recruitment of the position is focused more on speed. We just saw Manny recruit instincts over speed for six years. It’s refreshing to see Mario’s approach to the position. Especially with how wide open the CFB game is.
Lol besides Pinckney and Shaq, what LB had great instincts that Manny recruited?

They must really like him because he doesn't fit the mold of the LBs we've been taking at 6'2"-6'3"+ and 215lbs+.

Glad the coaches identified and got an early commit from a local kid who could really blow up. He claims an offer from UGA already as well as the Big 3 in state. If that's true, he'll have offers from everybody by next season.

Advertisement
They must really like him because he doesn't fit the mold of the LBs we've been taking at 6'2"-6'3"+ and 215lbs+.

Glad the coaches identified and got an early commit from a local kid who could really blow up. He claims an offer from UGA already as well as the Big 3 in state. If that's true, he'll have offers from everybody by next season.
He has not even completed his JR year of high school. Not remotely worried about his size if his listed Height and weight are reasonably accurate.

Advertisement
I'm not trying to start something here, but is he really 6'1 and 200 lbs? Not 5'11 and 185, as we all know how they love to add to the actual numbers. Is there room to add some weight in his frame as that's a light linebacker?

Also, people are talking about speed. Does he run track at all? What's a comp in the speed department?

He'll be an interesting one to watch this fall. Glad we got on him before he blew up though, if that's what happens.

I'm not trying to start something here, but is he really 6'1 and 200 lbs? Not 5'11 and 185, as we all know how they love to add to the actual numbers. Is there room to add some weight in his frame as that's a light linebacker?

Also, people are talking about speed. Does he run track at all? What's a comp in the speed department?

He'll be an interesting one to watch this fall. Glad we got on him before he blew up though, if that's what happens.
He is 5'8 170

All of his highlights are from his sophomore year. He was injured so i can see why his recruitment looked weird.
Apples to oranges but I remember when this happened to Amari. He missed his junior year and was just a 3 star but a couple of posters on scout were saying all summer he is the best WR in the state, just watch. They ended up being right. Missing your junior year will kill your ranking. Not saying the kid is a star but it’s a very good pickup.

Advertisement

Could be a concern. But if he’s an inch shorter than his 6’1 listed height, that’s still tall enough to play LB. Fricking Ray Lewis was 6 ft even (and weighed about 200 when he got here).

For LBs, my concerns are 1. Ability to diagnose the play (hard to learn at 19 yo). 2. Being a solid tackler 3. Being a mean MF with a stout build. 4. Speed

Height is way down the list. Ideal might be 6’2 or 6’3 might it’s not vital.

Could be a concern. But if he’s an inch shorter than his 6’1 listed height, that’s still tall enough to play LB. Fricking Ray Lewis was 6 ft even (and weighed about 200 when he got here).

For LBs, my concerns are 1. Ability to diagnose the play (hard to learn at 19 yo). 2. Being a solid tackler 3. Being a mean MF with a stout build. 4. Speed

Height is way down the list. Ideal might be 6’2 or 6’3 might it’s not vital.

See Sam Mills, London Fletcher

Advertisement
That’s what I mean, Mario’s recruitment of the position is focused more on speed. We just saw Manny recruit instincts over speed for six years. It’s refreshing to see Mario’s approach to the position. Especially with how wide open the CFB game is.
This, and the backers we brought in either have solid size or will end up putting on another 10-20 pounds. All are viscous. I know it’s been a while but we used to have legit backers forever. NFL backers

Advertisement
Back