Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bissainthe doesn’t count?
Mauigoa doesn’t count?
Bobby W doesn’t count?
Aguirre doesn’t count?
That’s what I mean, Mario’s recruitment of the position is focused more on speed. We just saw Manny recruit instincts over speed for six years. It’s refreshing to see Mario’s approach to the position. Especially with how wide open the CFB game is.

That’s what I mean, Mario’s recruitment of the position is focused more on speed. We just saw Manny recruit instincts over speed for six years. It’s refreshing to see Mario’s approach to the position. Especially with how wide open the CFB game is.
If Manny was recruiting intincts, he did a pathetic job. Too many of the LBs he recruited were converted DEs who were helpless attempting to diagnose a play. Speed is great, but if you're slow at diagnosing the play, you're going to play slow even if you run a 4.3.

Note: I'm assuming when you say "instincts," you mean diagnosing the play. There likely isn't a more important skill for a LB.

If Manny was recruiting intincts, he did a pathetic job. Too many of the LBs he recruited were converted DEs who were helpless attempting to diagnose a play. Speed is great, but if you're slow at diagnosing the play, you're going to play slow even if you run a 4.3.

Note: I'm assuming when you say "instincts," you mean diagnosing the play. There likely isn't a more important skill for a LB.
I agree there isn’t a more important skill. But this program for too long has forsaken physical talent for a perceived mental talent at that position. I’m not saying we are targeting athletes hoping to make them instinctual. It’s just good to see us placing a strong emphasis on speed at that position.

Advertisement
I agree there isn’t a more important skill. But this program for too long has forsaken physical talent for a perceived mental talent at that position. I’m not saying we are targeting athletes hoping to make them instinctual. It’s just good to see us placing a strong emphasis on speed at that position.
Well thanks, but we haven't gotten guys with instincts/diagnosis ability at the position. In fact quite the opposite.

It seems like the last LBs we had that could capably diagnosis a play were Shaq and Pinckney.

Advertisement
Back