LB Raul Aguirre talks brotherhood, Madden and Cuban food

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Since arriving at Miami, Mario Cristobal has made it his mission to remake the LB room into a championship unit. He took a big step in that direction when he beat out Alabama, Georgia and Ohio State for blue-chip LB Raul “Popo” Aguirre. Now entering his sophomore year, Aguirre is poised for a breakout season. He joined the CanesInSight Podcast to discuss his progress and his relationship with Canes Connection.

A summary of Aguirre’s interview is below:

On spring ball so...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
The change in the LB room took longer than the year to year turnaround we did at OL last cycle. But it sure feels as profound.

From Flagg, Jennings, Keontra Smith and Steed to Kiko, Wes, Popo and Chase Smith … with all those other talented young guys behind them. Night and Day!

Last edited:
Advertisement
The change in the LB room tool longer than the year to year turnaround we did at OL last cycle. But it sure feels as profound.

From Flagg, Jennings, Keontra Smith and Steed to Kiko, Wes, Popo and Chase Smith … with all those other talented young guys behind them. Night and Day!
Some absolute goons in that room for sure

Advertisement
There’s been a lot of guys over the years that we “beat” UGA/Bama etc for but the truth was they didn’t fight for many of them very hard

It was different with Popo
It has been different with several recruits. I’m not 100% on Mario turning it around on the field, but he for sure has already done it in the living rooms. Hopefully a great QB helps on the field.

Advertisement
Dude! My mom is one of 8 kids! She was #5 and has 5 sisters and 2 brothers! Animals huh? Thanks for putting that image of my grandparents in my head bro! Not cool 😑 😕 😒
IMG_9258.gif

Advertisement
The change in the LB room took longer than the year to year turnaround we did at OL last cycle. But it sure feels as profound.

Add Pruitt to the list.

Advertisement
Back