LB Francisco Mauigoa picks Miami!

With Big Joe being a close family friend and Cisco's original recruiter.
thong song beach GIF

Advertisement
According to WSU side, they are pretty upset he is leaving. They said he was a breakout player this season and PFF would have graded him out as our best LB. Also, you can tell how fluid and athletic he is on that pick six. Not every 6’3” 230 pound LB can hurdle a tackler without breaking stride like that.
Thank you. I really appreciate someone answering this question without snark and arrogance.

According to WSU side, they are pretty upset he is leaving. They said he was a breakout player this season and PFF would have graded him out as our best LB. Also, you can tell how fluid and athletic he is on that pick six. Not every 6’3” 230 pound LB can hurdle a tackler without breaking stride like that.
Previous school fans are an excellent indicator for both portal players and incoming coaches. WSU fans are legit unhappy and frustrated here because:

1. He's made dramatic improvement this year.
  2. Has a ton a potential left with a high ceiling
  3. Has multiple years of eligibility left

Advertisement
He was down in Florida when Francis committed. Big Joe recruited him when he was at Wazzu. Here is a pic of when Francis and Cisco last played when we won the ship in 2020. We've gone on to 3 peat since 2020. Football is simple on the islands. Line up and dominate the man in front of you. Lol
This is awesome thank you for this!

Love the idea of an athletic linebacker being a former QB. Tells me at minimum he’s got the mental part down….

I equate it to being a former pitcher turned position player/hitter in baseball - you kinda have an idea what the pitcher is thinking when at the plate.

Sign him up!
I’ve heard the same applies to pitchers who are also catchers…..

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Advertisement
5f93b6582b9cb.hires.jpg

Older brother Fred was 3 year starter at WSU as well.

Good article on Francisco when he committed.

WSU’s newest commit recorded 46 total tackles, five tackles for loss and one interception last season at Aquinas High School in San Bernardino, California. According to 247Sports.com, he was only a part-time defensive starter for Aquinas because the Falcons were also reliant on him as a dual-threat quarterback. Francisco threw for 1,113 yards and 10 touchdowns, rushing for another 475 yards and four touchdowns on the ground while leading Aquinas to the CIF Division 5 Championship in 2019.

Francisco is considered the nation’s No. 93 outside linebacker and also had offers from Army, Utah State, San Jose State, Hawaii, Idaho, Yale, Montana State and Idaho State.

“I would say they’re getting a ball-hawk linebacker that can basically track down the quarterback’s eyes,” Fred Mauigoa said. “Because he played quarterback, so he knows what it’s like. And he’s pretty fast. They’re going to get a speed guy. Well, who knows, he might develop some other skills (at WSU).”

WASHINGTON STATE
FRESHMAN (2021)
: Appeared in all 13 games, starting two…totaled 17 tackles, 10 solo, with .5 tackles-for-loss...led team with 10 special teams tackles…made collegiate debut, with one tackle on special teams against Utah State…had one tackle on kickoff, named WSU Special Teams Player of the Week, in win over Oregon State…recorded first career start, made two tackles in win over Stanford…registered two tackles and shared a TFL in win at Arizona State…started at LB, made career-high four tackles in win over Arizona…had two tackles in Sun Bowl against Central Michigan.
Dude played QB AND had offers from Army and Yale?? Definitely a smart player

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back