LB Coach Possibilities

T-Will was a great LB coach for the U while it lasted. Best LB coach we have had in two decades, but only had him for 15 days🥺.

That said, we must move on. The Canes still have the best group of defensive coaches since Coker left, if you count Shoop as part of that equation. I love Shoop, T-Rob and Simpson. They all are top flight college football coaches.

I say CMD should get a young, energetic LB coach who can teach fundamentals, recruit and don’t play favoritism. 😉 In other words, the kind of LB coach the Canes always needed, but never hired until T-Will
Brother...Shoop is a good analyst, he is not a good coach...you guys will soon see.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Havent checked back on the other pages but heres a name I want to throw in the ring...

Mike Peterson. LB Coach at South Carolina, has a connection with T-Rob. Former LB with the Jaguars and Falcons, had a pretty successful career in the pros and at college.

I am surprised he hasn't been nabbed by Urban, what with his legacy with the Jags and all.

Advertisement
If we have a hard time replacing the likes of Patke....then I honestly don't know what to say....

I think you misunderstood my question. If Patke leaves, then we have a spot for Kevin Steele. If Patke doesn't leave, then everyone else on our defensive staff was just hired, and 0 chance we'd get rid of them. So the only thing open for us right now as far as Steele is concerned, is a seat right next to Shoop.

Advertisement
Would love to bring him in as an analyst to help with the LB’s as Tennessee pays his salary for the next 2 years. Would like to make him our LB coach but that would likely mean we would pay him.

Advertisement
Back