LB Alex Figueroa Commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
373369_431390303574458_1631003671_n.jpg

Maybe they don't want to be down to Fentress if one or two guys go down.

Thomas/Grace wouldn't have been enough

The staff recruited this kid last year but couldn't offer due to grades..... stop this now

Last edited:
Advertisement
Haven't heard his name until late since EJ has been acting up. Per Pete's thread earlier EJ's time seems to be limited. Can anyone confirm is the staff is taking Figeroua to replace EJ right away?

This is wildly speculative, irresponsible, and a massive leap to conclusion.

is paranos or odin dannyboy?
that post by paranos reeks of dbc and what i've been teaching on TOS.

Come on 5x you going to lump me with DBC.You gonna make me bring up you not paying debts and old pictures of your model wife.SHHHHH.

Advertisement
He went one of those prep schools right? If comes in January might count towards last year's class right? I am not an expert so just checking.

Advertisement
Between this guy, Terry, Moore, and EJ, if he stops being a knucklehead, there's no chance we don't start at least one brawl in the next couple years. You think these guys will sit by quietly if a player cheap shots Olsen like Murray got nailed today?

Advertisement
stop, no. he hasn't been kicked off the team. yet.
and cameron, only if they didn't reach their limit last year, which they didn't. but, if they had, he would have to count this year.

The Miami Hurricanes have added their 11th commitment to the 2013 Class. This one came completely off-the-radar, as it wasn't until last night that there was word Alex Figueroa from Stafford, Virginia was on campus for a visit. One day later, he committed.

Figueroa posted on his twitter account on Saturday night, "officially a Miami hurricane."

Figueroa's story is a unique one, as he graduated from Brooke Point high school in Virginia this year. He had signed with Division II school Shepherd in West Virginia due to the fact he could not qualify academically for a Division-1 program. Figueroa instead decided to take this semester to improve his academic situation. He had planned to attend Fork Union Military Academy before tearing his labrum in an All-Star game in July, so then enrolled in a community college to focus on academics.

At Miami, he figures to use his versatility on the defensive side of the ball. While many may speculate this could be a bad sign for Miami's hopes with Matthew Thomas, this does not mean anything as far as that situation goes. The staff is "stacking chips" on the defensive side of the ball and Figueroa can play a multitude of positions.

In his senior year, Figueroa recorded 107 tackles (74 solo) with 11 for loss and 9 sacks. He also caught 54 passes for 612 yards and 6 TDs. The Washington Post named him to the All-Met 1st team in his senior season.

Here are Figueroa's highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/619990/highlights/2516406

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back