Lay off the kid!

#4 is about the only player deserving of backlash. Both OT are dam young and were thrown to the wolves. This is not a year where were going to be in the playoffs. To me this is kind of like our 1997 or 1998 season where were putting all the pieces of the puzzle in place and getting ready for that run. This is not the time to start ripping the kids. They fought till the end and we saw some fresh new faces making big plays. Keep it positive fellas.

Advertisement
Jarren played a **** of a game, considering that he was running for his life the entire game, and get this, with all of that **** constant pressure, he didn't throw any interceptions.......not a **** one!

The stage could not have been bigger for a QB making his first start; On the road, versus a rival, who, though overrated, is still ranked #8 in the country. How did he respond? He completed over 65% of his passes, threw a touchdown pass and didnt throw any interceptions. He had 10 incomplete passes that were credited to him. However, anyone with eyes know that instead of 19/29, he should have at least been 24/29. Mallory had two drops, in which the ball literally went right through his hands. Jordan had a first down drop, and a pass that was originally called a pass interference, but later was reversed. IT WAS A PASS INTERFERENCE. Thomas had a touchdown pass that he dropped. All 5 of those balls were right on the money. 24/29 is over 82% completion percentage. Jarren's accuracy is LEGIT!!!

The kid held the ball way too f'ucking long, way too many times! He has to own that. He has to improve. He has too process things quicker. That will come! He is going to destroy the ACC.

The hate that he is receiving is utterly ridiculous! He gave his team a chance to win, despite his O-Line not really giving him a chance to throw and in essence, be successful. He deserves criticism for the mistakes that he made, but we should all feel very good about the future of our QB play.
Well said Reg...

He balled. Very impressed with his arm. I really under estimated him. OC needs to play to his players strengths. Yea, some guys could of made some difficult catches yesterday, but we need to get these playmakers the ball in space. J Dub needs to stay in shotgun, and Scaffie needs to be LT with Irvin blocking next to him. Enos should of made the adjustments. Really disappointed with hom game 1

Have seen practically no Jarren hate. Strawman right here
F'uck you and your strawman, whom I assume is your only *** partner.

Below are quotes that I found in just five minutes in only two separate threads. This does not even include the comparisons to Rosier, Wright, and the bad parts of Kaaya. There has been a lot of love shown for JW, for sure. This thread was to address the "uncalled for" hate!

"Jarren made mistakes dude. Refused to hit his check downs! Refused to throw the ball away. He literally took 4 sacks, in which he had time to throw it away. He had a couple fumbles"

"Jw is trash"

"He is trash he did nothing good but few passes"

"We have No Oline, no WRs and no QB."

Advertisement
did i miss something? Literally no one is saying bad things about JW.
You may want to look up the definition of the word "literally." Just 5 minutes of scrolling through the only two threads, if found the quotes that I just listed in post number 24 of this thread. Then again "JW is trash" may not qualify as what you would consider to be, as you put it, "saying bad things"

William's ain't getting any heat. He did fine. He will be fine. O line getting heat enos getting heat.

I don’t even feel like our tackles are getting heat. We’re frustrated but recognize they’re freshmen. Frustrated at prior recruiting, development, play calling to help those two out.

Jarren played a **** of a game, considering that he was running for his life the entire game, and get this, with all of that **** constant pressure, he didn't throw any interceptions.......not a **** one!

The stage could not have been bigger for a QB making his first start; On the road, versus a rival, who, though overrated, is still ranked #8 in the country. How did he respond? He completed over 65% of his passes, threw a touchdown pass and didnt throw any interceptions. He had 10 incomplete passes that were credited to him. However, anyone with eyes know that instead of 19/29, he should have at least been 24/29. Mallory had two drops, in which the ball literally went right through his hands. Jordan had a first down drop, and a pass that was originally called a pass interference, but later was reversed. IT WAS A PASS INTERFERENCE. Thomas had a touchdown pass that he dropped. All 5 of those balls were right on the money. 24/29 is over 82% completion percentage. Jarren's accuracy is LEGIT!!!

The kid held the ball way too f'ucking long, way too many times! He has to own that. He has to improve. He has too process things quicker. That will come! He is going to destroy the ACC.

The hate that he is receiving is utterly ridiculous! He gave his team a chance to win, despite his O-Line not really giving him a chance to throw and in essence, be successful. He deserves criticism for the mistakes that he made, but we should all feel very good about the future of our QB play.
Completely agree, @reg but I honestly haven't really seen any JW15 hate today - on CIS or Twitter. Can't say the same for our offensive tackles and JT4.

Advertisement
Yeah he held the ball too much, but it was better than throwing an INT. On a couple of those they showed downfield, he had nowhere to go with the ball. He was intent on not making a really stupid mistake like a pic.

We lost a game we should have won, but we finally found a QB - I'll take that trade.

Completely agree, @reg but I honestly haven't really seen any JW15 hate today - on CIS or Twitter. Can't say the same for our offensive tackles and JT4.
I agree that it has been more hate towards the tackles, JT4, and Enos. However, as I shared in post 24 of this thread, there were people calling Jarren trash on this board, and that's what I found in 5 minutes in just two threads.

I agree that it has been more hate towards the tackles, JT4, and Enos. However, as I shared in post 24 of this thread, there were people calling Jarren trash on this board, and that's what I found in 5 minutes in just two threads.
I'm just shaking my head at that idiocy then. How can anyone objective look at a redshirt freshman who threw for 66%, 200+ yards, 1 TD, 0 INTs and was under pressure all night against a solid defense and say HE was the problem. The kid took an absolute beating and nearly won us the game. If Brevin pulls in that game winning TD catch JW15 goes down as a legend.

Advertisement

Below are quotes that I found in just five minutes in only two separate threads. This does not even include the comparisons to Rosier, Wright, and the bad parts of Kaaya. There has been a lot of love shown for JW, for sure. This thread was to address the "uncalled for" hate!

"Jarren made mistakes dude. Refused to hit his check downs! Refused to throw the ball away. He literally took 4 sacks, in which he had time to throw it away. He had a couple fumbles"

"Jw is trash"

Must be the people that had “a dog in the QB race”.

Reg you are the man but seriously I haven't seen any hate directed at Jarren. Most everyone I have talked to were very impressed with his poise , pocket awareness and accuracy. Kid is just a red shirt freshman starting his first game on the road vs a bitter rival ranked in the top 10 and all on primetime national television with the entire college football universe watching as it was the only college football game that day. Sure he needs to improve certain things like holding the ball too long and needs to process quicker but that will come with more game reps and experience. I think the consensus among the college football intelligentsia is that Miami very likely has themselves a good one and possibly a great one.

Advertisement
Reg you are the man but seriously I haven't seen any hate directed at Jarren. Most everyone I have talked to were very impressed with his poise , pocket awareness and accuracy. Kid is just a red shirt freshman starting his first game on the road vs a bitter rival ranked in the top 10 and all on primetime national television with the entire college football universe watching as it was the only college football game that day. Sure he needs to improve certain things like holding the ball too long and needs to process quicker but that will come with more game reps and experience. I think the consensus among the college football intelligentsia is that Miami very likely has themselves a good one and possibly a great one.
Much appreciated my, my man. I agree with your statement regarding the general consensus, but there's definitely been some idiots trashing Jarren, some of which, literally calling him "trash"

I provided some of the quotes in post number 24 of this thread. I am of the thought that everyone will not be pleased with everything, all of the time......even if the situation is perfect. However, calling the kid "trash" or making statements like "we don't have a QB", is beyond uncalled for!

BRUH YALL QUIT MAKING **** UP EVERYBODY HAPPY WITH JDUB NOBODY BASHED HIM.LOL

I BASHED ZION WEAK *** AND I'M GOING TO STAY ON THAT ***** WEAK *** ALLLL FU.CKING YEAR LONG.

"Jw is trash"

THOSE **** WAS BY A MEMBER WHO STARTED AN ACCOUNT 2 WEEKS AGO AND THE OTHER LIKE A FEW MONTHS AGO THEM AIN'T OUR FANS LOL.

Advertisement
Back