Lay off the kid!

reg

Sophomore
Jarren played a **** of a game, considering that he was running for his life the entire game, and get this, with all of that **** constant pressure, he didn't throw any interceptions.......not a **** one!

The stage could not have been bigger for a QB making his first start; On the road, versus a rival, who, though overrated, is still ranked #8 in the country. How did he respond? He completed over 65% of his passes, threw a touchdown pass and didnt throw any interceptions. He had 10 incomplete passes that were credited to him. However, anyone with eyes know that instead of 19/29, he should have at least been 24/29. Mallory had two drops, in which the ball literally went right through his hands. Jordan had a first down drop, and a pass that was originally called a pass interference, but later was reversed. IT WAS A PASS INTERFERENCE. Thomas had a touchdown pass that he dropped. All 5 of those balls were right on the money. 24/29 is over 82% completion percentage. Jarren's accuracy is LEGIT!!!

The kid held the ball way too f'ucking long, way too many times! He has to own that. He has to improve. He has too process things quicker. That will come! He is going to destroy the ACC.

The hate that he is receiving is utterly ridiculous! He gave his team a chance to win, despite his O-Line not really giving him a chance to throw and in essence, be successful. He deserves criticism for the mistakes that he made, but we should all feel very good about the future of our QB play.

Advertisement
PREACH MAN! Ppl rippin JW15 as if he was Rosier. The kid imo balled.. could he have played better ? Yes. Could he have gotten rid of the ball a bit quicker ? Yes. But all things considered homie went out there play above average game while running for his life ever other play. Again, this was his 1st game under the lights on prime time against decent team. I’m not ready to crown him but he looked promising last night..

Other threads — had a lil JW15 hatin In it.

Anyone giving Jarren hate today is an idiot. Sure, he held onto the ball too long too many times. So would almost any QB as green as him in that environment. Plus I'm sure the mandate was hammered into him all freakin month that job #1 was to not make mistakes that cost us the game last night (which is exactly what he did). I'm sure that made him even more gun shy about trying a risky late pass or not just grasping onto the ball and taking a sack once he knew the pressure was there. In a perfect world he doesn't hold the ball too long a single time, sure; and, yeah, that turns some of those sacks into incompletions instead. But I'd 100% rather him error on the side he did last night than have thrown some .500 balls up for grabs or get hit without securing the ball.

Jarren was a bright mark last night. He made numerous plays last night that made me say out loud "That right there is why he won the QB competition". There are lots of negative things to focus on today. Jarren Williams is not one of them.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I may have missed it but I haven’t seen much hate for JDub, it’s been mostly Zion, Campbell and Thomas getting crushed in here
There are people on this very board that are ripping him, even going as far to say that we don't have a QB!

Again, Jarren has a lot to work on, but he was not the problem last night. If fact, he was one of the positive take away of the night.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jarren played a **** of a game, considering that he was running for his life the entire game, and get this, with all of that **** constant pressure, he didn't throw any interceptions.......not a **** one!

The stage could not have been bigger for a QB making his first start; On the road, versus a rival, who, though overrated, is still ranked #8 in the country. How did he respond? He completed over 65% of his passes, threw a touchdown pass and didnt throw any interceptions. He had 10 incomplete passes that were credited to him. However, anyone with eyes know that instead of 19/29, he should have at least been 24/29. Mallory had two drops, in which the ball literally went right through his hands. Jordan had a first down drop, and a pass that was originally called a pass interference, but later was reversed. IT WAS A PASS INTERFERENCE. Thomas had a touchdown pass that he dropped. All 5 of those balls were right on the money. 24/29 is over 82% completion percentage. Jarren's accuracy is LEGIT!!!

The kid held the ball way too f'ucking long, way too many times! He has to own that. He has to improve. He has too process things quicker. That will come! He is going to destroy the ACC.

The hate that he is receiving is utterly ridiculous! He gave his team a chance to win, despite his O-Line not really giving him a chance to throw and in essence, be successful. He deserves criticism for the mistakes that he made, but we should all feel very good about the future of our QB play.
Are you on the same site? Haven’t seen much of that here.

Couldn't agree more @reg. I watched the game on TV and what I saw that in spite of Jarren running for his life **** near every time he dropped back, he didn't panic, kept his composure, threw some dimes, and got right back up every time he was hit. He was even doing some trash talking to those turds! Loved it! As they always do on TV, they showed close ups of his face and never once did I see a deer in the headlights look. He was focused, determined and ready for the next play. 2 of the most impressive throws I saw was one to Brevin inside the 5 that was low and away from the defender and probably should have been caught. The other was to JT4 in the end zone that was low and away from Henderson and probably should have been caught.
Anyone, anywhere giving this young man the business is NOT a Cane and needs to have their head examined.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back