Lawson is solid

surfcane

Pipeline Grand Champion
Tampa Hillsborough High School QB and Cane commitment Dwayne Lawson said when he first chose the Canes that he'd take summer visits to Tennessee, Ohio State and Mississippi.

Those never materialized, though, and now Lawson says Miami is the only visit he needs to take.

"It's done," Lawson said. "As far as the depth chart it's a great situation at Miami. ......

Advertisement
it's a shame that more kids don't put the same meaning in their commitment as Lawson

Kid is an outstanding take in a year where he's sandwiched in between Kaaya and Allison. Firm commitment, high ceiling, not a prima donna that has to have a babysitter all year. Pretty ideal.

Kid is an outstanding take in a year where he's sandwiched in between Kaaya and Allison. Firm commitment, high ceiling, not a prima donna that has to have a babysitter all year. Pretty ideal.

Yep. He should have adequate time to develop.

Advertisement
Everyone is talking -- rightfully so -- about Kaaya and Allison, but don't sleep on this guy. Impressive dedication, to say the least.

He's kind of a forgotten commitment. Although a bit raw but a crazy amount of talent & potential.

Coley is a monster recruiter. He recruited 3 consecutive first round draft choices at FSU, and he may well have done that again here.

Tampa Hillsborough High School QB and Cane commitment Dwayne Lawson said when he first chose the Canes that he'd take summer visits to Tennessee, Ohio State and Mississippi.

Those never materialized, though, and now Lawson says Miami is the only visit he needs to take.

He's a solid commitment.

"It's done," Lawson said. "As far as the depth chart it's a great situation at Miami. And the athletes Miami has on their team are unbelievable. Plus playing in your home state, you can't beat that either. I want to be part of it."

Lawson says he's communicating with Miami coaches every day.

"Usually I talk to coach (James) Coley and (Larry) Scott," Lawson said. "With coach Coley most of the stuff we talk about is off the field and what can I do to be better as far as besides football. We have a real good relationship."

Lawson lists over 20 scholarship offers, but he says other programs have stopped contacting him at his request.

"I told them I'm not interested anymore," he said.

Lawson has a major goal as a Cane freshman.

Asked if he sees himself starting at Miami from Day 1, Lawson said, "No doubt, 100 percent. I think I can come in and start right away."

Where does he get that confidence from?

"It's always been me," he said. "Any situation I come into I think I can come in and compete for the job right away.

* Lawson has dropped a few pounds from last season - at 6-foot-6, he is down four pounds to 207.

"I feel faster and stronger," he said.

* Lawson says he likes the way this recruiting class is shaping up.

"It's a big recruiting class especially out of Florida," he said. "I feel like this is a great class as far as having top players in the nation."

* Lawson is trying to help the Canes land his friend, WR Auden Tate.

"We have a connection together," Lawson said. "I tell him about the history of it, what we can do there and all that."

HUDL: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2735419/highlights

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcO3BlEEclA

Advertisement
This imo is Coleys major player that will show wht type of qb coach he'll be. This kid will need work but he no doubt has the physical ability so I cant wait to see what he does

he'll either develop or get passed by allison and make a position change. could maybe be a TE if things don't work out at qb.

it's a shame that more kids don't put the same meaning in their commitment as Lawson

As long as they are committed to Miami I think it's great. I have no problem if they're not real solid to another team, Florida State and Alabama come to mind here.

Advertisement
I feel Lawson is a great prospect, Having Olsen, Kayaa, Lawson, Rosier, and Allison the next few years is awesome. All these guys are competitve and want to win. i can finally say We have a QB depth chart im truly proud of after the last 6 years of Walk-Ons and Underachievers filling the depth chart.

This kids agility is just nasty for his size. With that frame he's gonna be a fun one to watch.

"It's done," Lawson said. "As far as the depth chart it's a great situation at Miami. ......

740.gif

Advertisement
Once again if this defense can gain any type of a pulse this team will in 10 a year because the talent on offense is just too **** consistent its crazy

740.gif

106.gif

He's kind of a forgotten commitment. Although a bit raw but a crazy amount of talent & potential.

based off of those summer conditioning test numbers, I'd say he's right about our depth chart. If he can come in and work the offense then he has a real shot.

Any qb thread needs to start and end with thanking Coley for finally bringing in talented qb and stacking them like avocados. That is how you hit and how you become good again. In a years time Kaaya, Rosier, Lawson, Allison. If that aint top notch qb recruitin then what do you call that?! We havent had that type of back to back to back in over a decade, maybe more, heck our actual philosophy was actually to bring one in then the next year dont worry about it, lol... goodness.

Now we all know the odds of them all hitting are not probable, but with all those guys on the field competing, and on the depth chart, you only need to hit on one and the odds are much more in our favor, Now Coley, lets get that playcalling on point

Advertisement
Back