Lawrence Cager

Advertisement
Pope and Hightower were hyped here as instant stars. They weren't. For now, they get the benefit of the doubt because of the awful QB play.
Bee did everything that was asked of him and whenever he read on the field he shined in his role. If the ball was thrown to him he caught the ball period. Otherwise he was blocking people all the way down the field like blindside to put them on the bus. Watch the game and tell me he didnt.

Bee did everything that was asked of him and whenever he read on the field he shined in his role. If the ball was thrown to him he caught the ball period. Otherwise he was blocking people all the way down the field like blindside to put them on the bus. Watch the game and tell me he didnt.

Pope couldnt get open and blocking forget about it, Wiggins dropped passes, the only one I give an incomplete is Ezzard he wasnt on the field long enough to know. Exactly why I wanted JT4 back needed a proven reciever in the group.

he did, and he balled against LSU, hes gonna kill it if we can block

Maybe he did all the "little thngs" well, as u say. And, for sure, he had two rag arms trying to get him the ball but ... I don't recall any big plays last season from any of the true frosh. Which, given the hype here, was a bit disappointing.

Advertisement
Hightower was balling (catching, blocking, route running), until he was injured and then it seemed like they played him sparingly (Dugans I would guess).

he did, and he balled against LSU, hes gonna kill it if we can block

Balled? 1 catch for a 30 yard td in garbage time when we were down by 30. It was a great catch in tight coverage. Like I said I like his hands and ball skills.

On the season he had 4 catches for 60 yards in 7 games. I like the kids potential and reported work ethic but, again, he hasn't done anything yet.

I have a feeling Diaz will have the same conversation with Cager as he did with Mahoney. He’s not UM material. Cager is flat out bad.

Advertisement
Balled? 1 catch for a 30 yard td in garbage time when we were down by 30. It was a great catch in tight coverage. Like I said I like his hands and ball skills.

On the season he had 4 catches for 60 yards in 7 games. I like the kids potential and reported work ethic but, again, he hasn't done anything yet.

I'm in agreement with this. I have no clue what "balling" he did other than the LSU play i can remember. He is still a work in progress that we havent gotten a chance to see yet. **** Dee Wiggins seem to eat more reps get more targets and i expected a shirt for him...so lets let it play out.

I like Hightower potential the most in our wr core. He has the size, hands, and tenacity needed. Lets get him the rock and see how it goes moving forward.

our WR's need to grow and mature, but people really want to judge them based on playing in last years Shict Show offense?

That's like having a sumo wrestler as a jockey and making an assessment of a thoroughbred...

Advertisement
Pope couldnt get open and blocking forget about it, Wiggins dropped passes, the only one I give an incomplete is Ezzard he wasnt on the field long enough to know. Exactly why I wanted JT4 back needed a proven reciever in the group.
I agree....also Jt4 can stretch the field.....I'm hoping Harley gets stronger to help fill that void...hes a polished route runner....with added strength to his frame he could definitely be a force imo....last season he was too light in the *** to track deep balls efficiently...he seemed to get fatigued at the end of his routes....I expect him to improve in that area....

I agree....also Jt4 can stretch the field.....I'm hoping Harley gets stronger to help fill that void...hes a polished route runner....with added strength to his frame he could definitely be a force imo....last season he was too light in the *** to track deep balls efficiently...he seemed to get fatigued at the end of his routes....I expect him to improve in that area....

At this point whi is our fastest reciever or deep threat???

At this point whi is our fastest reciever or deep threat???
I think Hightower is our best bomb threat....he has the ability to track down deep balls using his body to block out defenders...he doesn't lose stride .... Harley and Pope are prolly the fastest tho....

Advertisement
If any group starts with a clean slate as far as performance, it has to be the WR room. Let's see what happens with a non-partial coach and a QB who can get the ball to them. I think there's plenty of talent in that room - we just need to get it out.

I guess Harley or Pope. Maybe the new kid, Osborn (don't know much about his speed to be honest)?

I just have pictures in my head of all three of them getting open on deep crosses and having a QB that can actually get them the ball and them just walking in to the end zone.

Advertisement
Back