Lawrence Cager

true but Cager, Wiggin, and Langham was on field together majority of the snaps. I believe Pope can play JT4 role next season.
You comparing Pope to Jt4? I'm not saying he's a bust....he hasn't done anything yet to deserve a role over Mike....right now it's pure speculation...imo

Advertisement
You comparing Pope to Jt4? I'm not saying he's a bust....he hasn't done anything yet to deserve a role over Mike....right now it's pure speculation...imo
Pope doesnt have that type of explosion out the gate like JT4, few guys do. Hes still a good wr though and can be a great wr here.

Pope doesnt have that type of explosion out the gate like JT4, few guys do. Hes still a good wr though and can be a great wr here.
I'm hoping he steps up too bro....you think he surpasses Harley? If Mike gets stronger he could be a serviceable player imo...his route running is polished....

I'm hoping he steps up too bro....you think he surpasses Harley? If Mike gets stronger he could be a serviceable player imo...his route running is polished....
the think is some guys just cant change speeds its only fast, JT4 is explosive doesnt lose speed and can change that speed quickly. Pope should be good but im not expecting JT4 good.............JT4 has a chance to be a first round type.

Advertisement
the think is some guys just cant change speeds its only fast, JT4 is explosive doesnt lose speed and can change that speed quickly. Pope should be good but im not expecting JT4 good.............JT4 has a chance to be a first round type.
hightower will be our best wr next year. hes consistent. pope has to put it together. I actually like this payton kid on film. we will be ok at wr.

hightower will be our best wr next year. hes consistent. pope has to put it together. I actually like this payton kid on film. we will be ok at wr.
There's talent, but nobody has proven ****. Hightower has a ton to prove still. He doesn't have great speed and needs to prove he can separate. We know he has hands and balls skills.

Advertisement

HAD a chance. He'll be lucky to get drafted now.

He never seemed to have a problem getting open to me? He looked probably good against those LSU dbs
There's talent, but nobody has proven ****. Hightower has a ton to prove still. He doesn't have great speed and needs to prove he can separate. We know he has hands and balls skills.[/QUO

Advertisement
slot: harley / pope / few

flanker: wiggins / ezzard / payton

split end: osborn / hightower / njoku

How praytell do you know hes never bee a problem? Would you deem threatening the coaches in front of the rest of the team about your playing time is a problem? How about saying in that same forum that you're not gonna block cause that's not what you were brought here for & your body cant handle it? Still no problem? Him and one other reciever did that bi weekly. When Thomas was talking about cancers it was them that he was speaking about. It's one thing to have an issue and voice it to your coaches. It's another (ESPECIALLY when your unit looks to you for leadership) to tell players and staff what you will or wont do as a teammate... personally I call that an issue.

Ok wait - who was the other receiver???

I would like us to move the Northwestern dude (name escapes me at the moment) to offense.

Use him like Canada did his guys at Pitt 3 years ago when they were just quickly getting them the ball in space and jet sweeping teams to death with them. They weren’t that great at being “receivers,” but speed kills, and Canada got them the ball and let them do their thing.

That would be the speedy shot in the arm to the offense, because others are right, you don’t see a ton of game changing speed on offense right now.

Advertisement
Pope and Hightower were hyped here as instant stars. They weren't. For now, they get the benefit of the doubt because of the awful QB play.

Advertisement
Back