Lawrence Cager

To me he’s not worth the hassle/headache and isn’t overly more talented than our younger core to warrant putting up with any diva like tendencies . If what dsddcane stated is true then he can definitely ride the pine. To even utter the words of what he is and isn’t going to do is mind boggling for such a average receiver.

Advertisement
@1LuvCane I would love for you to help me understand where I am wrong. Where do you see our final scholarship numbers being entering spring practice? Thanks in advance.
Bud, I think you @ me by mistake. I have no numbers on scholarships. I would love to have 85 but I'll take 81....

Advertisement
Bud, I think you @ me by mistake. I have no numbers on scholarships. I would love to have 85 but I'll take 81....

No, I @'ed you because you downvoted my post, so I was wondering why you disagreed. I usually DGAF about votes, but you're a good poster and I am genuinely interested. Then again, I think accidental votes happen all the time too, so could have just been that.

On the other hand, now that I've heard from @dsddcane that Cager is a prima-donna ***-clown, the scholarship numbers don't matter anymore. If he's a "me guy", he's not good enough to keep around.

No, I @'ed you because you downvoted my post, so I was wondering why you disagreed. I usually DGAF about votes, but you're a good poster and I am genuinely interested. Then again, I think accidental votes happen all the time too, so could have just been that.

On the other hand, now that I've heard from @dsddcane that Cager is a prima-donna ***-clown, the scholarship numbers don't matter anymore. If he's a "me guy", he's not good enough to keep around.

TBH, you don't need an insider to tell you that - just watch him play. He's generally a malcontent if he's on the field - it's not that hard to see. Half hearted attempts at catching tough balls, sulks, doesn't really engage with others, likes to focus on himself, etc.

TBH, you don't need an insider to tell you that - just watch him play. He's generally a malcontent if he's on the field - it's not that hard to see. Half hearted attempts at catching tough balls, sulks, doesn't really engage with others, likes to focus on himself, etc.

OK, I'll beg mercy. I've never really seen that and this is the first time I've ever heard he was refusing to block, or making demands on his coaches. It begs the question, if the offensive coaching staff thought he was a "cancer", then why the **** was he getting so much more playing time than his production on the field seemed to dictate?

Doesn't matter now, I guess, those guys are all gone and the Manny era is here, and it doesn't sound like Cager will be.

My purpose for arguing the point is dead if he's not a good soldier, so I'm out of this thread. Whatever will be will be.

OK, I'll beg mercy. I've never really seen that and this is the first time I've ever heard he was refusing to block, or making demands on his coaches. It begs the question, if the offensive coaching staff thought he was a "cancer", then why the **** was he getting so much more playing time than his production on the field seemed to dictate?

Doesn't matter now, I guess, those guys are all gone and the Manny era is here, and it doesn't sound like Cager will be.

My purpose for arguing the point is dead if he's not a good soldier, so I'm out of this thread. Whatever will be will be.

I didn't know that either but my point remains based on watching him on field and on the sidelines - it's not surprising. My big thing was if Brown was referring to Cager as a cancer and he was co-OC, why'd he keep making him a prominent feature of the offense?

Advertisement
I've always defended what Cager COULD have been at Miami. Somehow he just doesn't have that "it" factor when it comes to big, rangy receivers. His catch in the ND game will live on as a visual of what his talents should have provided Miami every Saturday:

Lawrence+Cager+Notre+Dame+v+Miami+sIn5XSgrnidl.jpg

cager is the "hold me back" type.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I've always defended what Cager COULD have been at Miami. Somehow he just doesn't have that "it" factor when it comes to big, rangy receivers. His catch in the ND game will live on as a visual of what his talents should have provided Miami every Saturday:

Lawrence+Cager+Notre+Dame+v+Miami+sIn5XSgrnidl.jpg
He gets no separation, it takes for him to leave for people to finally tell the truth because he doesnt wear our jersey anymore.

My brother I offer you my deepest apologies. When I read your post I found it hard to believe that I negged your post. Reason being is that you have my up most respect as a poster. If I did it was by mistake. I'm more than humbled by your impression of me. Thanks.
As far as schollys go I believe we have more than plenty available.

My brother I offer you my deepest apologies. When I read your post I found it hard to believe that I negged your post. Reason being is that you have my up most respect as a poster. If I did it was by mistake. I'm more than humbled by your impression of me. Thanks.
As far as schollys go I believe we have more than plenty available.

All good man. Don't care about the negs, just like to learn. Cheers and thanks for your very kind words.

Advertisement
Back