Lawrence Cager squeezing from the bottom

If Cager should redshirt then so should Walton.

Yearby, Edwards, Gray, Tucker can all carry the ball

Advertisement
If Walton isn't, at least, the number 3 running back, he should redshirt.

Burning a redshirt on the 4th or 5th running back on your depth chart, without injuries, is bad roster management.

We don't run the ball enough to need to play more than 4 running backs. And if Gus and Yearby are really as good as people claim, they should get all of the carries, anyway ... with Gray and Tucker getting garbage carries.

Advertisement
I have a strong psychic feeling that Cager, Walton, St. Louis, Norton, McIntosh, Gordinier, Redwine will all see a ton of time as part of Golden's new "we're too young" approach to another wasted season. He's going to keep prolonging his time here however he can.

Regards,

Rokulioliliala

I have a strong psychic feeling that Cager, Walton, St. Louis, Norton, McIntosh, Gordinier, Redwine will all see a ton of time as part of Golden's new "we're too young" approach to another wasted season. He's going to keep prolonging his time here however he can.

Regards,

Rokulioliliala

Rok I got this weird feeling that this team is going to shock some people.

Cager is extremely quick out of his breaks for his size. He also makes spectacular, one-handed catches. He drops some easy ones and needs to get stronger, but he can improve those things with the right work ethic.

If I had to make a comparison based on what I've seen, he could be a poor man's AJ Green.

How poor are we talking?

I think Cager is going to be very good. Only reason I say "poor man's version" is because AJ Green is elite and special.

Cager isn't quite as fast or as good with the ball in the air, but he has similar route-running talent at his size.
So not poor at all, more like white upper middle class man's AJ Green.

Last edited:
Before I even entertain the thought of us having a decent young wr for future...

Was this the kid from last year recruitment who was one hit from eating from a straw?

Advertisement
George McDonald hand picked RaShawn Scott out of nowhere. Wish we still had him and Terry Richardson on staff.

If Walton isn't, at least, the number 3 running back, he should redshirt.

Burning a redshirt on the 4th or 5th running back on your depth chart, without injuries, is bad roster management.

We don't run the ball enough to need to play more than 4 running backs. And if Gus and Yearby are really as good as people claim, they should get all of the carries, anyway ... with Gray and Tucker getting garbage carries.

Which is exactly what this clown did to Gray. Ruined a year for a kid that needed to be acclimated to college for a few carries against garbage teams in mop up duty.

Advertisement
Like I've been saying for the last 5 years, give me 4 or 5 of those lil roscoe parrish/santana moss/ dorsett/benjamin type of receivers and we'll bring home that cyrstal.

You do know that none of those guys are like any of the other ones right?

Ever since OP got dumped by his fat ol lady he's been on a **** thread marathon.

OP is blocked.. sometimes it's overkill .. It's like when someone tweets too much just unfollow, the guy who drinks too much jokes around and then becomes obnoxious with his jokes to the point that people get annoyed. That is what the OP is doing. He's franchise junior... DePinga the second..
insert any one of our resident hard asses.

Like I've been saying for the last 5 years, give me 4 or 5 of those lil roscoe parrish/santana moss/ dorsett/benjamin type of receivers and we'll bring home that cyrstal.

Name one team that has that many small receivers. Simple fact, you can't.

The game has changed and bigger receivers are making huge impacts across the country. You get one who's fast, they can't be covered.

I'm all for speed, but if you have two big WR's and one or two shifty smaller guys, that's a matchup nightmare for any team. The bigger guys don't even have to be blazers and you're winning the matchup battles. Hopefully Cager can be one of those guys for us.

Advertisement
They keep recruiting these big stiff WRs hoping that they can be a vertical threat. It looks like they may have found one that can actually play in Cager.

Would like to see him be more than just the 6th WR. I think we know what we have in Malcolm, and while I like the kid, he's not a game-changer.

Unleash Cager please.

Malcolm? Berrios dropped easy balls in key situations all last year, if anybody needs to make room its him.

I only remember one or two balls Berrios dropped. Unfortunately one was in endzone against noles. My impression was he caught almost everything. I admit I stopped watching games after Al robbed our "me" players from beating nole -- he is a vengeful sort. Maybe the drops you mention were those last 4 games.

Nah mane, #1 needs to see the field.....

No, we have plenty of bodies at RB.

Who are the proven commodities there? They are no more proven than the WRs ahead of Cager.

That's precisely my point actually.

This offense just lost its top play-makers to the NFL. While I like what I've seen in spurts from the RBs and WRs on the rooster, it would be ideal if Walton and/or Cager continue squeezing from the bottom to put pressure on vets like Edwards, Lewis, Coley, etc.

I remember when most folks didn't know who Tommy Streeter was, or Allen Hurns ... And when almost everyone thought Phillip Dorsett was terrible because of his performance against Notre Dame in Chicago.

My point: Wide Receiver continue to develop while in college. Some of it is physical, some of it is mental. But who knows how the upperclassmen on the roster will continue to develop, and which guy is ready to take the next step?

And on the larger redshirting issue ... I'm not in the "redshirt every freshman" crowd. But unless the kid is elite/starting, or there are enough injuries to warrant them playing, most freshman probably should redshirt.

Advertisement
Back