Lawrence Cager squeezing from the bottom

Cager is extremely quick out of his breaks for his size. He also makes spectacular, one-handed catches. He drops some easy ones and needs to get stronger, but he can improve those things with the right work ethic.

If I had to make a comparison based on what I've seen, he could be a poor man's AJ Green.

How poor are we talking?

I think Cager is going to be very good. Only reason I say "poor man's version" is because AJ Green is elite and special.

Cager isn't quite as fast or as good with the ball in the air, but he has similar route-running talent at his size.

Not what I was hoping to hear but I have a feeling he's a gamer.

Advertisement
They keep recruiting these big stiff WRs hoping that they can be a vertical threat. It looks like they may have found one that can actually play in Cager.

Would like to see him be more than just the 6th WR. I think we know what we have in Malcolm, and while I like the kid, he's not a game-changer.

Unleash Cager please.

Malcolm? Berrios dropped easy balls in key situations all last year, if anybody needs to make room its him.

One ball and people blow it out of proportion on Berrios.

Look I like Malc but he's not the same dude I watched at Miramar after the injury he had. We have to move on.

Get ready for this year and the next few. Berrios is going to have a big year, you're going to be surprised if you're not a fan of Berrios.

Not surprised on Cager impressing people. Had a feeling going into camp that he could jump Brady and Langham. Not saying anything bad about those two cause they have some ceiling to reach but Cager looked more prepared than they did coming in. Heard Brady has to work on his hands and Langham is technical(route running).

They keep recruiting these big stiff WRs hoping that they can be a vertical threat. It looks like they may have found one that can actually play in Cager.

Would like to see him be more than just the 6th WR. I think we know what we have in Malcolm, and while I like the kid, he's not a game-changer.

Unleash Cager please.

Malcolm? Berrios dropped easy balls in key situations all last year, if anybody needs to make room its him.

Way to throw the players under the bus. Especially since Berrios had ONE key drop all year.

Unleash Cager please.

We're deep at receiver I'd rather see him RS and not waste a year of eligibility

Advertisement

Unleash Cager please.

We're deep at receiver I'd rather see him RS and not waste a year of eligibility

No we aren't. Not one of the WR's listed ahead of him is a proven commodity.

Unleash Cager please.

Way to throw the players under the bus. Especially since Berrios had ONE key drop all year.

To be fair, Berrios dropped a key third down ball at Nebraska.

That said, this WR corps is in dire need of an unstoppable force, and we know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Malcolm's not that guy.

My problem is that it always seems to be the next guy. Wasnt it supposed to be Stacy Coley? Now its Lawrence Cager? And also David Njoku.

Personally, I still think Rashawn Scott is our best WR on the roster. Golden putting him in his pathetic dog house cost Rashawn Scott a lot of valuable development IMO. The injury didn't help either.

Unleash Cager please.

I recently watched the Nebraska game and Berrios dropped a 3rd down pass early in the game.

Advertisement

Unleash Cager please.

It was actually 2 key drops but I think that Berrios has the mentality to fix his weaknesses and be a better receiver every year.

I don't think he is the problem at all.

Unleash Cager please.

Malcolm - two TDs in three seasons

Berrios - three TDs in one season

:neonu: decide

Do you think that's actually a fair comparison considering the trauma Malcolm went through?

Berrios had three TDs eight months after ACL surgery. That's not trauma?

It's hardly a complete ankle seperation + almost every ligament and tendon torn, tbh.

Do you think that's actually a fair comparison considering the trauma Malcolm went through?

It's hardly a complete ankle seperation + almost every ligament and tendon torn, tbh.

What is your point?

Look it's unfortunate what happened to Malcolm but it cannot be undone. Are we going to keep handing out participation trophies or are we going to try to ******* win?

What is your point?

Look it's unfortunate what happened to Malcolm but it cannot be undone. Are we going to keep handing out participation trophies or are we going to try to ******* win?

a1129-mini-star-football-participation-trophy.jpg

Advertisement
I think Beard needs to work on developing the upper class men, since they are moving on will be either be in the leaue next year or become busts an move into the regular world in which case that is a fail for the UM program given the hype the upper classmen came with.

Cager needs to redshirt an develop his body more plus learn the speed of the college game outside of practice where he will get snot knocked out of him. Don't forget he is Concussion prone and is more than likely 1 good hit away from having to give up the game unfortunately. So he needs to develop timing and awareness of which routes will protect him those big hits.

Ever since OP got dumped by his fat ol lady he's been on a **** thread marathon.

Nothing wrong with a little chunky love!

Matter of fact I don't skinny dip, I chunk dip!
6a04a8eda12c254f22244be274fc75c7.jpg

Last edited:
Zagacki: And look Don, Lawrence Cager making his Miami debut here with Miami driving late in the 4th on the Bethune-Cookman 17 yard line. Evan Shirreffs lines up in the shotgun... Takes the snap. Throws into the corner of the end zone, looking for Cager... Intercepted. And, that's the ball game. Canes win 27-16.

Bailey: You know Joe, I am kind of surprised both Shirreffs and Cager played on this last drive. I guess they won't be redshirting.

Advertisement
Like I've been saying for the last 5 years, give me 4 or 5 of those lil roscoe parrish/santana moss/ dorsett/benjamin type of receivers and we'll bring home that cyrstal.

But I would love having a dude capable of dominating from the boundary to compliment all that speed and elusiveness. We need a stud X.

Zagacki: And look Don, Lawrence Cager making his Miami debut here with Miami driving late in the 4th on the Bethune-Cookman 17 yard line. Evan Shirreffs lines up in the shotgun... Takes the snap. Throws into the corner of the end zone, looking for Cager... Intercepted. And, that's the ball game. Canes win 27-16.

Bailey: You know Joe, I am kind of surprised both Shirreffs and Cager played on this last drive. I guess they won't be redshirting.

27-16? Lol. We will hang 55 on BCC. They won't score more than 10.

Unleash Cager please.

To be fair, Berrios dropped a key third down ball at Nebraska.

That said, this WR corps is in dire need of an unstoppable force, and we know beyond the shadow of a doubt that Malcolm's not that guy.

That's really the only one I'd say was just a bad drop. The TD drop against FSU was catchable, but it would have been one **** of a great catch.

Anybody who thinks an ACL tear, which QB Ryan Williams came back from in a matter of months, is the same as Malcolm Lewis almost having his ankle separated from his body has no clue what they are talking about.

The fact that Lewis is back, at all, is a testament to him.

Regarding Cager ... Unless he is the number 1, 2, or 3 receiver, he should redshirt.

We already have plenty of bodies at WR. Unless the kid is a starter, he shouldn't see the field.

Scott, Coley, Waters, Berrios, and Lewis is plenty of depth ...

And in blowout situations, or jump ball situations, they can play Langham, Jones, Brady, and Njoku. Who knows how much those kids could develop if we actually gave them reps, instead of coaches rushing the next freshman onto the field too early, then griping about "how young we are".

Unleash Cager please.

Advertisement
Back