Latest on QB Torrance Gibson.....

Advertisement
Watch for Arizona here, people around him are telling him to give them a serious look.

That would be retarded.

Why because it would be a spread team that actually fit his skill set?

I truly believe this kids best option is to be a WR, but if he's **** bent on playing QB that wouldn't be the worse place to wind up.

Because it would be retarded for a guy with his ability to go to Arizona. That's why. If you don't see how it's retarded for a guy with his athletic ability and size to waste it in Arizona running the football from the shotgun, then you're a lost cause.

If he really develops as a QB, do you think UM is incapable of adding some read option to the scheme the same way Coley did at times at fsu? Same way we did with Morris when he was a backup?

Wake up, man. Any remotely competent OC can install some read option.

As I've stated repeatedly, we should recruit this kid at whatever position he wants to play and figure it out later.

It seems he is looking at schools that run the read-option and that's why Arizona is in the picture. It seems hat auburn moved on as did Tennessee.

Advertisement

I was watching and that's what I thought I heard. Maybe he was giving him a hard time for his cleats? Maybe it's legit? Dredrick keeps doing all the work and who knows what may happen! Golden better sell them doing work together!!

No I'd rather not sell them on that, because then when Gibson doesn't come here, they might still have that in their head....

He also did the tomahawk chop behind dredrick on the sideline when dredrick was throwing up the U to a camera....so yeah there's that too

He also did the tomahawk chop behind dredrick on the sideline when dredrick was throwing up the U to a camera....so yeah there's that too
553.gif

Advertisement
I'll be honest, he's gonna do what's the best fit for him but the pressure is gonna be on with one of his boys committed here and the hometown team pressure.

We'll see how it plays out. But I think a good season from us could really make him take a good hard look at us just like the Monarch boys. Not a guarantee, but to really consider it.

Think he has potential as a QB, could play right away as a receiver, but has to develop some more things as a QB early on. Not as polished as other young qbs but the tools are there for him.

Hope he comes to the U to be honest. Would gladly have him.

I just don't see it happening, dalvin cook feel. He just isn't feeling us, whether his brother (cook) or his (Gibson) best friend is coming here, cook didn't and Gibson won't

In regards to these cleats, shouldn't that be some type of recruiting violation? It doesn't seem right that you can shower a kid with apparel and cleats and what not to entice him to sign with your school. I mean I understand kids getting an Al Golden Camp t-shirt or whatever for attending our camp, but custom OSU cleats is a little different. Not that I would put it past *** or anything as he specializes in shady business. Just doesn't seem quite right.

Advertisement
In regards to these cleats, shouldn't that be some type of recruiting violation? It doesn't seem right that you can shower a kid with apparel and cleats and what not to entice him to sign with your school. I mean I understand kids getting an Al Golden Camp t-shirt or whatever for attending our camp, but custom OSU cleats is a little different. Not that I would put it past *** or anything as he specializes in shady business. Just doesn't seem quite right.

I'm not completely positive but I don't believe they were customized OSU cleats, just had OSU themed colors

I'm not completely positive but I don't believe they were customized OSU cleats, just had OSU themed colors

OSU.jpg

I mean aside from having giant bucknuts on the heels, those are pretty custom...

Advertisement
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Crystal-Ball-prediction-for-Gibson--30547897

Dual-threat quarterback Torrance Gibson (Plantation, Fla./American Heritage) has favored Ohio State since a July visit.

Last fall Miami and Ohio State were tied on top. Spring visits to Tennessee and Auburn each gave them time on top for Gibson.

I just made my first Crystal Ball prediction for Gibson for the entire cycle. The visit, his first to Ohio State, naming the Buckeyes the leader and the lack of competition for his services has given all indications for Gibson.

Additional intel I've picked up has also indicated that Gibson has already informed Ohio State of his intentions. Gibson's lone official visit will be to Ohio State on September 6.

He plans to publicly announce for the Buckeyes on October 20.

The five-star prospect is ranked as the nation's No. 2 athlete and the No. 9 recruit in the state of Florida by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

Advertisement
Back