Latest on Martin Emerson Jr.

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
Martin Emerson Jr. may not be the highest rated defensive back prospect on Miami's board right now, but he is still a viable backup plan for the Canes. The 3-star safety visited Miami earlier this month for the Canes match up with Duke. The visit went well and the Pensacola native has since set an official visit to Miami. Emerson will take his official visit to Miami the weekend of December 13th. He will also host Coach Ephraim Banda for an in-home visit this Friday. As it stands right now, Emerson will wait until February to sign with the school of his choice.

Advertisement
The more you watch Emerson, the more you understand why Diaz wants him at safety. He's just a baller. Outstanding awareness, fearless in run support, locates the ball in the air, competent in man coverage and just makes a ton of plays.

Would've loved to have seen him in a camp to get a better idea of his size/speed. I can't find any combine or track numbers.

Honestly he is a baller. I saw his yape when first offered and he made hig hits, was really good in the backend, really good hips and size only thing I didn't see and worried about slightly is does he actually come down with picks because I didn't see it but he's definitely worthy

The more you watch Emerson, the more you understand why Diaz wants him at safety. He's just a baller. Outstanding awareness, fearless in run support, locates the ball in the air, competent in man coverage and just makes a ton of plays.

Would've loved to have seen him in a camp to get a better idea of his size/speed. I can't find any combine or track numbers.

man concern as awlays is speed but i cant lie, i like his tape. i feel he can be coached up.

Advertisement
I like Plus size athletes at DB...he is that...looks alot like Frierson from last years group...
I dont even see him as a back up plan...He's a take all the way for me..with Nunn out of it...he'sa good fit to what we do. His film shows him lined up all over the place on defense.

For some reason I had never seen this film of him. I like it a lot. I have never seen a tape where a kid forces so many fumbles before.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why not take this guy? You lose 2 guys and I hope Knowles transfers. You are left with Hall, Carter, Smith and maybe move one of the freshman to safety. Need to make sure depth is solid at cb and s for next season.

How does he stack up compared to Stevenson, Battle, n Nunn.

Random thought...

This guy or Anthony Solomon?

Emerson Jr. looks like your strong safety...big DB. They were using him all over. Covering the boundary. In the slot. Had him in the box. He was making plays at every spot. With that said, for a DB...doesn't look super fluid as an athlete, though.

Solomon is your more slight coverage linebacker.

So, with that said, I could see Emerson ultimately in your Romeo Finley/Derrick Smith type role, which is essentially a linebacker on this team...so, could this guy be a replacement for the (per Stefan) recently departed Solomon, versus say...a backup plan for Stevenson?

Advertisement
Why not take this guy? You lose 2 guys and I hope Knowles transfers. You are left with Hall, Carter, Smith and maybe move one of the freshman to safety. Need to make sure depth is solid at cb and s for next season.

Knowles is on all specials he isnt transferring.

Advertisement
Back