Latest on Martin Emerson Jr.

Advertisement
Does he fit the striker mold or strictly DB? Just asking because I can't tell if he has the frame to carry 15-20 more lbs and keep his explosiveness. His film he plays everywhere though and loves to stick his nose in there on run support. Definitely has a home on this defense if he decides to flip.

Advertisement
Does he fit the striker mold or strictly DB? Just asking because I can't tell if he has the frame to carry 15-20 more lbs and keep his explosiveness. His film he plays everywhere though and loves to stick his nose in there on run support. Definitely has a home on this defense if he decides to flip.

He appears to be about 190 pds right now he doesnt even need much weight actually.

**** Romeo Finley wasnt thought of to be that athletic coming in...and by **** Finley is a blur out there this year at striker and really stuck out on our defense. This kid can be similar to Romeo and both are up from the same area.

He appears to be about 190 pds right now he doesnt even need much weight actually.

**** Romeo Finley wasnt thought of to be that athletic coming in...and by **** Finley is a blur out there this year at striker and really stuck out on our defense. This kid can be similar to Romeo and both are up from the same area.
Finley looks great out there like NFL good. And people still say that Patke cant coach. He has really made that striker a legit position and with the leap that Finley took I would say he deserves a lot of credit.

Finley looks great out there like NFL good. And people still say that Patke cant coach. He has really made that striker a legit position and with the leap that Finley took I would say he deserves a lot of credit.
And once again Finley was looked at by many as either a plan B or just not much of a prospect without a fit.... Until he got coached up and balled like Red and Mike

Advertisement

That's kind of what I was picturing on some of his plays in his film, was Finley. Lots of potential with him.

Finley looks pretty good, let's not get nuts...My god.

And no people just realize that between Patke and Simpson (and I'll take Simposn over Patke) that spot coulda been used to really get a Sofla ace in there to strengthen local recruiting, and that is desperately needed...Esp with Diaz being heavily involved with LB to begin with.

if he comes here he will definitely become more of a striker, and keontra will be a bigger Jaquon Johnson, obviously not immediately, paired with Hall, stevenson, and Smith, and unfortunately knowles.

if he comes here he will definitely become more of a striker, and keontra will be a bigger Jaquon Johnson, obviously not immediately, paired with Hall, stevenson, and Smith, and unfortunately knowles.

I know yall like to kill Beyonce or whatever but having a veteran int he back end rotation isnt bad....He isnt a starter but can have a rep or 2 considering he been in the system 3 years. Special teams guy and rotation 4th safety isnt bad for Knowles.

Advertisement
I know yall like to kill Beyonce or whatever but having a veteran int he back end rotation isnt bad....He isnt a starter but can have a rep or 2 considering he been in the system 3 years. Special teams guy and rotation 4th safety isnt bad for Knowles.

Ya I hear ya...But at some point his career you would like that vet to have not led to a big play the other way on an inordinately large percentage of snaps he plays.

Disagree, name 1 good play he’s made on the base defense. You can’t because there aren’t any, I can only think of all the bad plays he’s made. He’s just not good

Advertisement
He made some good plays but that doesn’t mean he necessarily should end up at Miami... let’s be real everybody make plays.

A miss I’m starting to hate more and more from the last class is Jamien Sherwood who was a solid player for auburn this year

I agree to, but the things is whether he will step up into that role or will he play like the majority of his Miami Career.

Disagree, name 1 good play he’s made on the base defense. You can’t because there aren’t any, I can only think of all the bad plays he’s made. He’s just not good
he hasnt even made a play on Special Teams yet.

Advertisement
Back