Latest on Martell, Perry (Barry Jackson)

Wasn't there a thread about a week ago saying that Perry changed his mind and is coming back?

Tate Martell should just realize that football is not in his future and focus on getting a degree.

Advertisement
Should we bring in a QB from the portal? There is no guarantee with King and no one else has taken a single snap.

Advertisement
Advertisement
King will return by August??? but the CIS orthopedic injury experts told me King would miss months of the season and Burrow would be out until 2022!

Makes no sense for Martell to go to class but not practice in the spring if he wants to play. Makes even less sense for Manny to allow it. All in or all out. TNM is still the old cancer riddled culture. The sequel will not be any better.

Your post is what makes no sense

I think this is Manny and Rhett Lashlee nudging them out in the nicest way possible. It saves the meaningful reps for Garcia and TVD- they are the future. Neither Perry or Martell will start for Miami again- why split up the important spring reps further? I have to believe that Manny and Lashlee feel comfortable with whoever wins the backup job playing vs Bama IF D'Eriq isn't a full go.

I also think with Martell, it's a further "cleaning out" of the old disfunctional culture/mentality

Finishing up their education isn't a lot of skin off Miami.

Advertisement
Waiting for the CIS posters who will think that mock draft is crazy for having Rousseau and Phillips both in the first round because they havent proven enough on film yet and our scheme makes them look better than they actually are. lol smh.
Why are you putting words in other peoples mouths? Is this how you think about them ?
Then just say what you feel

A lot of kids are in the portal. Many of them QBs. It would be smart of Martell to face reality and transfer to a non-P5 school so he can actually get on the field. Enough drama. I wish him well but he was a major miss in evaluation by all the recruiting services, Ohio State and UM.

Played out as I suspected - Tate Martell was back at practice so he could keep his scholarship until he graduates this summer, when he will leave UM with an undergrad degree and 2 years of eligibility remaining. It seems that the coaching staff thinks the best decision is to excuse him from practice so he can still keep his scholarship through the spring semester without taking any reps away from anyone in spring ball.

Win - win move by the coaching staff IMO. They did the right thing from both a football and PR standpoint.

Advertisement
This is perhaps the best schedule UM's had since the early 2000's. Perfect OOC schedule IMO.

- One elite team
- one middling Power 5 team
- a good FCS team
- one total cupcake.

Perfect.

Its also good to see that Blake James took note of the **** storm from Canes fans when he scheduled Wagner college. When scheduling cupcakes, always be sure to schedule a cupcake your fans (and the media) know exists. lol

Advertisement
Back