Latest on Ingraham

So let's recap.

Coaches...
2010 - Jeff Stoutland is a great OL coach for Miami. Alabama steals him.
2012 - Mario Cristobal is hired by Miami to coach the line. Alabama steals him a week later.
2017 - Miami spends a fortune to hire Craig Kuligowski. Alabama simply walks in and steals him.

Recruits...

Kevin Harris, Braylen Ingraham, Pat Surtain, Josh Jobe, Jerry Jeudy, etc etc etc

Miami is Alabama's ***** right now.

There's no other way to put it. They walk in to our backyard, take whoever and whatever they want, and they go home, win championships, smoke cigars, and don't have a single **** to give about South Florida.

Advertisement
Almost like your pal playing for Rochdale
As you brought it up - Rochdale aren't a rival of my football team. Nor are Rochdale any good.

Finally, Rochdale are a professional football team. I don't give a **** who a Miami kid plays for the in the NFL - they often don't have a choice and it's a business.

What makes college football special - or did - is that you get to play with your friends and put on for you city for four years. It's far more emotional than the NFL - you get 10 years to make business decisions if you make it there.

A SoFl kid picking Alabama et al over a commitable Miami offer is an 18 year old making a baffling decision to me. The fact that they're then welcomed back with open arms just encourages more kids to follow suit and perpetuates the stranglehold Alabama has on college football.

That's not the point, you spent years recruiting him, counted on him being in your class, became a heavy Miami lean, than you lose him at the end, for the staff, that's terrible

It sucks, but once Bama enters the picture, you're the underdog. It's like you're at the club, have some chicks around, and in comes Brad Pitt or some other star who wants to chat them up.

This is why we need to be blowing out the doors on the UVA and not having a **** QB performance against LSU in primetime!

You want to recruit and play the big boys you need to beat the crap out of the little guys and be competitive with the big dawgs

Croots know this and see this... Spare me the "well you gotta compete here and wanna bring us back!"

Advertisement
This is why we need to be blowing out the doors on the UVA and not having a **** QB performance against LSU in primetime!

You want to recruit and play the big boys you need to beat the crap out of the little guys and be competitive with the big dawgs

Croots know this and see this... Spare me the "well you gotta compete here and wanna bring us back!"
We could have beaten UVA 38-0.

This kid would still have gone to Alabama.

As you brought it up - Rochdale aren't a rival of my football team. Nor are Rochdale any good.

Finally, Rochdale are a professional football team. I don't give a **** who a Miami kid plays for the in the NFL - they often don't have a choice and it's a business.

What makes college football special - or did - is that you get to play with your friends and put on for you city for four years. It's far more emotional than the NFL - you get 10 years to make business decisions if you make it there.

A SoFl kid picking Alabama et al over a commitable Miami offer is an 18 year old making a baffling decision to me. The fact that they're then welcomed back with open arms just encourages more kids to follow suit and perpetuates the stranglehold Alabama has on college football.

Fair point. Tried to have a guess from the username, obviously missed. But yes, agree with everything you said, 100% would not entertain a good friend that played for Tottenham as a friend he once was, even though that is professional. In this instance, if you're good enough you're going to the same place anyway so why choose somewhere else. Especially when it's ****ting on your hometown. Peculiar. Shame we, as people hundreds of miles away, have more affiliation to the University of Miami than some of these recruits who live next door

Let me spare you the suspense. They won't. They'll lose by at least 2 touchdowns.

And Clemson is going to absolutely assrape them. They're gonna do what we should have done.
We aren't substantively better than they are like Clemson, why should we have done that?

So let's recap.

Coaches...
2010 - Jeff Stoutland is a great OL coach for Miami. Alabama steals him.
2012 - Mario Cristobal is hired by Miami to coach the line. Alabama steals him a week later.
2017 - Miami spends a fortune to hire Craig Kuligowski. Alabama simply walks in and steals him.

Recruits...

Kevin Harris, Braylen Ingraham, Pat Surtain, Josh Jobe, Jerry Jeudy, etc etc etc

Miami is Alabama's ***** right now.

There's no other way to put it. They walk in to our backyard, take whoever and whatever they want, and they go home, win championships, smoke cigars, and don't have a single **** to give about South Florida.
Good lord, there’s a lot wrong with this program right now but if getting beat by Alabama for recruits makes you their ***** all of college football is their *****... oh wait. Chill out

Advertisement
This comes as no surprise.This sort of thing has been going on for a long long time with all these big recruits....all the fluff stories about how they love their visit blah blah only to go somewhere else.

I have a big problem with local recruits not visiting before they make there decision. Our coaches need to change this and be more persuasive in getting them to visit before they make there decisions.

If they dont visit its usually a big clue they aint coming

Advertisement

It’s not even about that lol..Alabama is a pro team man. It’s just diff. Football is lore in that town. If Miami was 12-0 and bama came knocking on a kids door they gon litsen. And tbh a kid would be dumb not too. They literally run the sport rn. That brand is known out side of ppl who follow college ball. Ppl who don’t football know the meaning of “roll tide”. I’m at the point now tthat I expect bama to cherry pick at least 1 of our top guys. Don’t lose sleep over it tho. One kid doesn’t break a roster

When did Saban have a ****** record at Bama other than his first year? Doesn't exist. He's had double digit wins every single season after his first year. He had Bama ranked as high as #1 in the AP poll at one point in his second season there. He went undefeated with a NC in his third year. It's a fact that winning helps with recruiting.
when he got there they recruitedf at a high level, it didnt take wins thats what im saying

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back