Latest on Battle

Why? He’s just not that great man
He’s good imo, should have been a priority from the start but it is what it is. Can’t take multiple small corners per class or you will end up like FSU having 3 of their top 4 corners 5-9- 5’10 ...
Levonta Taylor 5’10
Kyle Myers 5’11.5
Anthony Lytton 5’10
Asante Samuel 5’9.5

Advertisement
After talking with a source close to the Battle recruitment, it seems that Ohio State is in trouble in terms of holding onto his commitment. Both parents were not happy about how the Ohio State situation was ultimately handled, and, specifically, were turned off by Urban Meyer's press conference appearance. The exact words used to describe Meyer were "an air about him that makes him come off as bigger than everyone else". In comparision, Mark Richt was described as "genuine" and "upfront". At least one parent will be actively pushing for UM.

Ultimately this is still Jordan's decision to make, however. I was told this is now a much more even race than anybody expects, with Miami and Oklahoma as serious contenders to dethrone the Buckeyes.

Yes, @Stefan Adams, great inside info.

Just taking my orange and green shades off for a moment, I can still honestly say that I don’t see how anyone could feel good about Urban Meyer’s character after watching the press conference.

Speaking not as a hurricane, but just as a normal individual, and trying to be objective, I just don’t see how anyone could feel a sense of trust towards him after everything that’s happened, and then watching his demeanor and the way he handled himself in that press conference.

At the end of the day, trusting your future as a recruit, and your sons future as a parent, involves a tremendous amount of trust towards the head coach’s character and veracity. How can anyone feel good about that or his truthfulness after what’s transpired over the last few weeks.

How do you feel about it Stefan? Just objectively, forgetting that you’re either a hurricane fan or even a reporter for the hurricanes, if you’re reviewing this from the perspective of someone writing for the Wall Street Journal, how would you rate how Urban came off in that press conference?

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Even worse that Urban deleted all his texts more than a year old right after the allegations surfaced and that he absolutely did not want the 3-game suspension as he saw he did nothing wrong. That first press appearance was forced on him, he wanted time served and the board essentially gave him an ultimatum of the 3-games.

Norman, OK compared to Paradise? No brainer! Even Baker Mayfield wanted to be a Cane. Welcome to the U.

The "paradise" aspect doesn't really appeal to kids already in South Florida. If they stay usually it's family or representing the city. The south florida alor really comes in handy for kids like Brevin Jordan or Jeff Thomas. A lot of South Florida kids are willing to go to redneck towns in the middle of nowhere because its a change of pace.

Advertisement
The "paradise" aspect doesn't really appeal to kids already in South Florida. If they stay usually it's family or representing the city. The south florida alor really comes in handy for kids like Brevin Jordan or Jeff Thomas. A lot of South Florida kids are willing to go to redneck towns in the middle of nowhere because its a change of pace.

Let him visit OU in November/December then.

So does Mike Harley who will be in his ear heavy and be big brother to the kid convincing him to stay home

There is 3 teammates committed to the U, with another one possibly next month, plus the Ambassador Harley. Yet, the lone OU commit is going to have a louder voice? Crazy

Plus ain’t no defensive players who pick OU over any of the big 3 schools or SEC unless bags are involved.

Advertisement
Common sense

You're using this as your argument as to why you think a teenager you don't know or haven't even talked to might not come here? You may be right, but common sense is not a term that should be associated with recruiting.

Last edited:
There is 3 teammates committed to the U, with another one possibly next month, plus the Ambassador Harley. Yet, the lone OU commit is going to have a louder voice? Crazy

Plus ain’t no defensive players who pick OU over any of the big 3 schools or SEC unless bags are involved.
The one OU commit is in his position group, and is the loudest of everyone there.

Harley is a College sophomore. Davis sees the kid everyday.

Not saying Davis is gonna close the deal, but make no mistake, he's gonna campaign the hardest for Battle's services.

Advertisement
While I have general concerns about the cognitive abilities of any parents that would fall for any initial shtick about Urban Meyer the man, I'm also an optimist in believing some people eventually come to their senses and finally do realize when something doesn't smell right.

Or this is just the usual meaningless talk about these decisions being even remotely related to things beyond football and money or future money.

We shall see. Because if this kid does end up there then the parents were either irrelevant all along or just trying to feed the public a big dose of bullsh!t.

Love it, I know this staff isn’t high on small dbs that aren’t physical but man I wish we took Davis, we would’ve had **** near 60% of that team in his ear for Miami

Battle literally thanked our coaching staff in his commitment note on twitter. I believe he even called out CMR and Coach Banda. You never see that with a commitment note. If he doesn't end up at OSU, it's hard to see him anywhere but UM.

Advertisement
Back