Latest from Ivins

Advertisement
This is from bama 247 on their insider report, interesting

A lot of defensive backs still in the picture
The recruitment of five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell has gotten very interesting the last couple of weeks. Widely considered a strong Georgia lean heading into his official visits, Alabama made a huge impression on the South Florida standout last weekend coming out of his trip to Athens. Campbell left the Capstone with Alabama fully in the mix and having gained ground on the Dawgs. This past weekend, Campbell headed to Knoxville to see new Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt, and so far it’s been quiet following the trip — and that’s by design. Campbell has basically stopped talking about his visits or his recruitment at this point in the process. However, a source close to the situation indicated the reason for Campbell going underground is he’s as confused as ever. Alabama is very much in play here, as is Georgia. There’s still a lot of recruiting to be done before this is decided. Campbell has one more open weekend left for an official visit and is expected to stay close to home at Miami. This one could go either way at this point and anyone claiming to know what Campbell is thinking is likely exaggerating

More SEC spin.

[tweet]957979846814158853[/tweet]

I'm sure this was genuine. And pardon any scent of cynicism. But this ain't a bad touch. Message: Your position coach cares.

Advertisement
I said before this is the biggest weekend in program history.If things go our way this fast tracks us back to the top and let’s CFB and recruits both know that there’s a new sheriff in town.
We pull the AH4 it lets recruits know it’s ok to stay home.They can win a NC without having to play in KKK land.This weekend can open up the floodgates.

Guys your summary can’t just be a restating of the exact facts and shuffling a few words.

Why does it matter

copyright infringement.

Lol so copy and paste is illegal on the internet??

Do you understand what a copyright is?

The board admins and mods have to abide by that.. u think a random guy on a message board can't copy and paste?? He sites the source no issue the end

Advertisement
This is from bama 247 on their insider report, interesting

A lot of defensive backs still in the picture
The recruitment of five-star cornerback Tyson Campbell has gotten very interesting the last couple of weeks. Widely considered a strong Georgia lean heading into his official visits, Alabama made a huge impression on the South Florida standout last weekend coming out of his trip to Athens. Campbell left the Capstone with Alabama fully in the mix and having gained ground on the Dawgs. This past weekend, Campbell headed to Knoxville to see new Vols coach Jeremy Pruitt, and so far it’s been quiet following the trip — and that’s by design. Campbell has basically stopped talking about his visits or his recruitment at this point in the process. However, a source close to the situation indicated the reason for Campbell going underground is he’s as confused as ever. Alabama is very much in play here, as is Georgia. There’s still a lot of recruiting to be done before this is decided. Campbell has one more open weekend left for an official visit and is expected to stay close to home at Miami. This one could go either way at this point and anyone claiming to know what Campbell is thinking is likely exaggerating

I don't know how to look up and find post like that, but I stated that UGA fans were feeling themselves way too much after the visit and all these "insiders" were going off vibes, nothing concrete. I also stated that just wait until after the Bama visit; Bama will feel confident b/c TC will enjoy himself on this trip, and in turn, UGA fan will start re-thinking that he's not much of a lock.

The point was, TC said he knows where he wants to go, BUT he must do his due diligence, FIRST, to check out THE OTHER schools. Guess who has the last visit? You know the school that was kicked to the curb and it appeared that he wasn't coming here for an official? That's right, the good guys.

TC has been EXTREMELY hush, hush about everything Miami related...but it was the kids who were yelling at Miami behind at the Nike camp. It was [MENTION=12910]Brooklyndee[/MENTION] who said behind the camera TC was gushing about Miami to the other recruits. It was TC rocking a UGA backpack to campus, but in game, he's rocking the U wristband. It's Silvera who picked TC out and said he's coming w/ him to Miami. Like I've said and [MENTION=4841]The Franchise[/MENTION] have said, these "insiders" don't know ish about TC and [MENTION=13993]RattlerCane305[/MENTION] have said numerous times if he knew TC was gone, he would be the first to share.

Look, TC might go somewhere else, but in the end, I think AH4 stays home. I'm not wavering on that. Feb. 7th might be one of the most epic days in Canes recruiting history. Richt has said he wants to rebuild our brand and it would take a couple of years to do so. TO Chain was epic, but landing a class of some of the most sought out players in the nation all at once will put CFB on notice.

The Sleeping Giant has been getting stronger and stronger every year.

Now that is a well thought out, level headed positive post. Great work.

Why does it matter

copyright infringement.

The board admins and mods have to abide by that.. u think a random guy on a message board can't copy and paste?? He sites the source no issue the end

and part of the admins' responsibility is to remove copyrighted stuff or they're responsible for knowingly hosting stolen content. you can try it yourself. open a tumblr, get a 247 trial account, and have a buddy log in and copy-paste all of the vip stuff with that pretty little citation at the end. when you start getting traffic you'll get a nice cease-and-desist if tumblr doesn't shut the page down first.

Why does it matter

copyright infringement.

And if they allow it to proceed unchecked, the owners of the message board as an Online Service Provider (OSP) could potentially run afoul of copyright laws. Although there are safe harbor provisions in the DMCA, failing to take down material that an OSP is aware of on their system and that it reasonably believes is infringing can place an OSP outside of those safe harbor protections and expose it to liability.

As for the random guy on the internet, he's probably breaking his TOS (and potentially in breach of contract) by publishing that information in a public forum.

By using a tiny bit of brain power and summarizing these articles, all of those potential headaches are avoided.

Advertisement
That's one **** of a list for the coaches in home visits this week.

Coburn, I will be surprised if he switches to us. Texas does a great job of holding on to those in-state kids.

Ezzard, some girl here, etc? Interesting, but what will our superfans here say? It's all good I'm sure, that'll be the consensus, but gawd forbid we have a recruit go where some girl is going.

The difference is that there was legit interest before this rumor about a girl. When the only evidence of a croot leaning to a school is because of a girl that they are kinda sorta seeing, that's a different story.

Bringing a girl to Miami is like taking one to Vegas. No matter how hot, the ones already there are hotter.

Advertisement
I said before this is the biggest weekend in program history.If things go our way this fast tracks us back to the top and let’s CFB and recruits both know that there’s a new sheriff in town.
We pull the AH4 it lets recruits know it’s ok to stay home.They can win a NC without having to play in KKK land.This weekend can open up the floodgates.
I agree. This weekend could be the difference between a very good and an epic class. Rooting for al the coaches to get it done.

Advertisement
Back