Latest cheese on the Golden saga

Advertisement
I've been told/heard pretty much what OP said except for a few differences.

1. Butch is far from not being considered.

2. Donna isn't all that involved.

How are so many BOT members upset which it sounds like the majority are yet he still stays?

Not enough bravery to make the move.

I can't understand how retaining this fool is a better idea than promoting coley as interim HC for a year similar to what OSU did.
He is literally going to either
A. Suck next year and get fired
B. Trip into 7 wins next year and leave
So Dimare gonna allow this guy to Sandusky the program for another year.

Let me put it this way.... Shalala doesn't want the football program to outshine the academic program of Miami.... This has been the plan since she got here folks...

How about excellence in both.

To do that, Dade and Broward County is needed. Can't have the undesirables ruining the image of a top 40 academic institution.

I keep trying to tell the "Donna haters" ... She has no involvement. Didn't hire or fire Coker and Shannon ... Didn't hire Golden, and won't fire him, either. She merely signs off on what the AD and BoT recommend. It's completely their call. She'd love for the athletics program to succeed ... But SHE DOES NOT MAKE THE DECISIONS.

For perspective purposes ... The founder and president of Men's Warehouse was fired by the Board of Directors for the company because they disagreed on how the company should be run. He founded the company and was the leader of the company ... But he worked for the Board. They disagreed ... He was fired.

Donna WORKS FOR THE BOARD. They set the vision, identify a president consistent with their vision, and the president implements the vision they set.

Direct your venom appropriately ... But know, they DON'T CARE.

The point gets made when Sun Life has 60K every home game (50K after the renovations), as opposed to people griping on message boards about it "not being the Orange bowl". And then, when that support drops to 30K in the stands, because of the coach's performance ... It matters, and decisions get made. But when there are already only 35K in the stands, when it drops to 20K ... It's just not that big of a deal.

Advertisement

I keep trying to tell the "Donna haters" ... She has no involvement. Didn't hire or fire Coker and Shannon ... Didn't hire Golden, and won't fire him, either. She merely signs off on what the AD and BoT recommend. It's completely their call. She'd love for the athletics program to succeed ... But SHE DOES NOT MAKE THE DECISIONS.

For perspective purposes ... The founder and president of Men's Warehouse was fired by the Board of Directors for the company because they disagreed on how the company should be run. He founded the company and was the leader of the company ... But he worked for the Board. They disagreed ... He was fired.

Donna WORKS FOR THE BOARD. They set the vision, identify a president consistent with their vision, and the president implements the vision they set.

The point gets made when Sun Life has 60K every home game (50K after the renovations), as opposed to people griping on message boards about it "not being the Orange bowl". And then, when that support drops to 30K in the stands, because of the coach's performance ... It matters, and decisions get made. But when there are already only 35K in the stands, when it drops to 20K ... It's just not that big of a deal.

Not so fast....she WAS involved in the decision...
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/dec/17/miami_ad_sheds_light_coaching_search/?print

Does anybody think Gorlden has the balls to resign?

I think he's too much of a ****ing coward to even do that.

How many people out there are miserable at their job but don't quit because they can't fine another one? Especially if you can do anything you want because your boss will not fire you no matter what. Why the **** would Al quit? The entire world no knows he is a fraud. He has even proven he sucks as a special teams coach. Mark will get a job before Al.

Not so fast....she WAS involved in the decision...
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2006/dec/17/miami_ad_sheds_light_coaching_search/?print

Believe what you want ...

But she clearly states she doesn't know football in the link you provided ... So, why would you think she was actually involved in the selection?

Her meeting the selected candidate before the formal offer is made is procedural, only.

She sat in with Shannon AFTER he was selected by the AD and BoT members. She didn't pick him ... They picked him. She signed off on their recommendation.

Does anybody think Gorlden has the balls to resign?

I think he's too much of a ****ing coward to even do that.

How many people out there are miserable at their job but don't quit because they can't fine another one? Especially if you can do anything you want because your boss will not fire you no matter what. Why the **** would Al quit? The entire world no knows he is a fraud. He has even proven he sucks as a special teams coach. Mark will get a job before Al.

He'd probably make a good football color guy or studio analyst. He speaks well, and except for being overweight, he looks presentable. Much lower stress.

I'd be happy to write him a letter of recommendation if he's interested.

Advertisement
DiMare thought Dan Mullen was too mean so they passed, and I heard that Kevin Sumlin was very interested in Miami but the feeling wasn't mutual.

These morons really know how to pick em. Only this group ends up picking the worst of the candidates, and then refuses to fire him in a timely manner when it's more than apparent things aren't working. ****ing A.
None of those guys had pillars or a binder.

Advertisement
Back