Latest Bogle 1/19/19

The Universities Academics have zero to do with who gets in. Zero. Its about supply and demand. Nothing else. More kids want to go to Alabama than Miami. Their supply has a larger demand. Georgia and Florida have avg academics and some of the hardest schools to get into in the southeast.
You're wrong, schools have a target SAT/ACT score and GPA that a potential student must reach. For the better schools that will be higher and for worse lower. If you don't reach that target score and GPA you will be automatically rejected (of course there are some exceptions like if you have connections).

That target score can be slightly lowered or raised depending on the supply and demand, but the difference is usually negligible. While the demand for a public school is much higher than Miami the supply is also much higher.

Advertisement
eir supply has a larger demand
Alabama acceptance rate: 54%
Miami acceptance rate: 37%

Their average SAT scores literally top out where ours begin. Seriously. Look it up.

That's because of the Florida rule that says if you have an AA from a Florida state school you get in, Same in Georgia. BUt not at Miami. Every freaking kid in Georgia applies to UGA. Man my kids know like 5 kids that got in and their in one of the top schools in the state. They all go to GCSU to get 2 years under their belt so they are autos.

His mom said this.

“I know any of the four schools are good schools. He has relationships with most of the coaches. But when it comes down to the football part and the development part, I just feel like Coach (Nick) Saban would be the go-to guy … just looking at his record. Tennessee and Miami, they’re fairly new head coaches; I don’t know much about UF’s head coach, so I can’t speak on that. That’s just how I feel — that Saban would be the one that would develop him for the next level. He wants to play on Sundays. That’s been the goal this whole time.”

Get me Nnoruka, boykins, hill and Phillips then..

What are you serious? The University of Miami is light years better in terms of education than Alabama.

In terms of difficulty it is easier to get into Alabama, but of course if you are out-of-state it is much harder because public schools are required to have a certain percentage (usually quite high) be from in-state because of taxes.

So yes since there only a few slots allocated for out-of-staters it makes it harder to get into. But if you live in Alabama it is quite easy

I didn't say they did not have better academics. I said who gets into a schools is about supply and demand and nothing else. They have so many slots and this many applicants. If your rank is above the line your in. You could get in one year and not the next without changing anything.

His mom said this.

“I know any of the four schools are good schools. He has relationships with most of the coaches. But when it comes down to the football part and the development part, I just feel like Coach (Nick) Saban would be the go-to guy … just looking at his record. Tennessee and Miami, they’re fairly new head coaches; I don’t know much about UF’s head coach, so I can’t speak on that. That’s just how I feel — that Saban would be the one that would develop him for the next level. He wants to play on Sundays. That’s been the goal this whole time.”

Can’t argue with that thought. I have said it all along. Our staff gets worked by the better coaches cause we have a bunch of green coaches in our staff with no resumes.

Advertisement
That's because of the Florida rule that says if you have an AA from a Florida state school you get in, Same in Georgia. BUt not at Miami. Every freaking kid in Georgia applies to UGA. Man my kids know like 5 kids that got in and their in one of the top schools in the state. They all go to GCSU to get 2 years under their belt so they are autos.

How are you still talking about this? Something like 5 different posters have used data and logic to show that you are basically making everything up...

The University of Miami had ~8k (~30%) MORE applicants than Georgia for its 2022 graduating class. Miami's acceptance rate was 37%, as mentioned previously, while Georgia's was 48%. Again, these are all class of 2022 statistics, so your argument about transfer students is invalid.

Sources:
https://www.admissions.uga.edu/prospective-students/first-year/fy-profile
https://admissions.miami.edu/undergraduate/application-process/class-profile/freshman/index.html

Everyone still discussing a kid who has not intentions of coming here. Carry on.

Advertisement
Can’t argue with that thought. I have said it all along. Our staff gets worked by the better coaches cause we have a bunch of green coaches in our staff with no resumes.
Our best pass rusher in the NFL is better than theirs and is making more money forget the coaches if he goes to Bama the likely hood of him having the same position coach through four years is slim and Saban doesn't coach the line. This is a cop out line from mom. If she wants to talk about Sundays anyway.

Our best pass rusher in the NFL is better than theirs and is making more money forget the coaches if he goes to Bama the likely hood of him having the same position coach through four years is slim and Saban doesn't coach the line. This is a cop out line from mom. If she wants to talk about Sundays anyway.

Name first rd draft picks by Miami over the last 10 years. Now name the amount of first rd players drafted on defensive line from Bama. They have more defensive lineman drafted than Miami has total first rd players. Don’t try and argue this.

Advertisement
Name first rd draft picks by Miami over the last 10 years. Now name the amount of first rd players drafted on defensive line from Bama. They have more defensive lineman drafted than Miami has total first rd players. Don’t try and argue this.
This is true but in that same time frame Miami has still has more Des in the league than anyone actually and also Calais Campbell and Oliver Vernon is far better than any defensive lineman they have put in the draft the last 10 years. Both of them have 80 million dollar plus contracts

Last edited:
Longevity is 100% an argument and Bama players wash out at a high rate.

Their longevity has nothing to do with them attending the university of Miami. It’s because of their talent and hard work. You can not compare going to Bama bs going to Miami right now. You just can’t.

This is true but in that same time frame Miami has still has more Des in the league than anyone actually and also Calais Campbell and Oliver Vernon is far better than any defensive lineman they have put in the draft the last 10 years

It’s cause they are great players but no disputing Bama gets your first rd money and that’s all these kids care about or see. 1st rd, national championships, walking around a massive campus like a king, handouts, playing in front of 100K stadium, best facilities. Come on guys. We just went 7-6. We are fighting an uphill battle for all top recruits. It is what it is.

Advertisement
Longevity is 100% an argument and Bama players wash out at a high rate.

There have been some high profile busts, but to say they have a high washout rate isn't true.

Since Saban got there, the ones I'd truly consider "washouts":

Andre Smith
Rolando McClain
Trent Richardson
Dee Milliner
Reuben Foster

That's 5 out of 26 since 2009.

Not bad. Doesn't compare to our group from the early 2000s, but pretty easy to sell to a kid.

Their longevity has nothing to do with them attending the university of Miami. It’s because of their talent and hard work. You can not compare going to Bama bs going to Miami right now. You just can’t.
She was talking about Sundays being the goal our players get drafted and play on Sundays and then when they get there they do more and at his position this is truth.

She was talking about Sundays being the goal our players get drafted and play on Sundays and then when they get there they do more and at his position this is truth.

How many Miami players have been drafted On defensive line in the last 8 years? Answer the question. You are not speaking truths.

Bama last 8 years
Daron Payne 1st rd
DaShawn Hand 4th
Jonathon Allen 1st rd
Ryan Anderson 2nd rd
Dalvin Tomlinson 2nd rd
Tim williams 3rd rd
Ashawn Robinson 2nd rd
Jarran Reed 2nd rd
Ed Stinson 5th rd
Geoffrey Pagan 6th rd
Jesse Williams 5th rd
Quiton Dial 5th rd
Courtney Upshaw 2nd rd
Josh Chapman 5th rd
Marcell Dareus 1st rd
Terrence Cody 2nd rd

And they have another top pick with Williams this year. Please stop taking right now. Bama has been pumping players into the NFL since Saban got there. There is no debate!

Advertisement
Back