Latest B.J. article

Advertisement
Bc it is. It's a stepping stone to show the program is getting better.

There are 40 bowls, each of which has a winner. An average FBS team should win a bowl game about once every 3 years.

That’s exactly what Richt did as coach.

True but it starts with Diaz. He’s a leader, so it’s on him to demand that respect or gtfo.
Nah..I’ve said it before that type of **** is on players..but I t does start in how manny is evaluating these guys in recruiting..from my knowledge all the problems have been on the offensive side of the ball..for what it’s worth those are not guys manny recruited..when u think about all our discipline issues have been from offensive guys for the last 3 seasons

Agreed that Dorsey was overrated. The 34 game win streak was basically accomplished in spite of him. And he’s largely at fault for the OSU game, as well as the close calls like FSU 2002, BC 2001, even FSU 2000.

With that being said, why are you acting like a bowl win or Coastal title is a big achievement?

Heck, Richt was able to recruit no better than Malik Rosier by year 3. And he left behind an even bigger QB mess where our best QB in 2019 was probably Jarren Williams. That is truly terrible QB recruiting by a coach whose speciality was supposed to be QBs.

Its not that big of an achievement when UM is playing UM football, but to be in the ACC that long, and for him to win it outright, get us to the 1st ACC championship game, 1st bowl win in around 10years, guided the team to a better bowl game the next year, got robbed by the refs, coach of the year, first 10 win season in ovet 13years, the talent levelon the team was being upgraded on a national level across the board, to the point where some were expecting us to beat Lsu. But make no mistake about it, coach richt was checking off boxes and generating alot of money and momentum for this program, and recruits felt that. Its easier to go in an recruit players after winning the coastal and playing in the ACC championship game than to keep getting drubbed up, although i wasnt the so called #1 recruit impressed in hasslewood, he was that close to coming here, why, because of coach richt and coach dugans.

Qb wise, perry and jw15 are better than rosier, but rosier was a 4th and 5th year guy, but in his 1st year starting, he had multiple weapons to throw of like dorsey, Ahmon richards, herdon, berrios, walton and jt4, with those type of weapons, made it real easier, see what happened once they were gone, coach richt just started building it back up with guys like brevin, deejay dallas, and the likes, you could see where this thing was about to go, so by the time it was perry and jw15's time, they had young inexperienced guys to throw on top of them being young. Keep in mind, coach richt was only here for 3 years, he would've eventually found another #1 receiver, but coach richt decided the politics wasnt worth sticking around anymore.

Advertisement
Next week we'll hear about how players cut in line at the lunch room last season before the Va Tech game...

Like we get it, they were a bunch of fck ups who broke the rules, stop reporting it every week lol.
It’s Crazy lol, it’s funny how he mentioned Jarren doing it in the previous reports but didn’t drop a name for the Pitt week. That’s odd and why i thought it was weak as **** to blatantly throw that kid under the bus like that and not only tarnish his reputation here but elsewhere if he did leave and tried to revitalize his career.

You can tell by the writing that Jackson is not only a Canes beat writer but also a fan, and is very happy at the moves made this off season. Whether he is correct or not remains to be seen, but the enthusiasm is obvious. And/or jackson's articles receive a lot more clicks when the Canes are good and as such, a good team is also good for Jackson's career.

He’s a homer and doesn’t really understand sports but he cares and does the best he can.

Advertisement
A new coach frequently comes in, puts his absolute rules down, and puts the fear of God in everyone that breaks the rules.

Manny clearly didn't do that.

It's always easier to ease off a bit after some time - but one thing I recall from the 30 for 30 was a couple players saying that they didn't do anything Jimmy Johnson didn't allow. JJ was serious about football as a freight train wreck - oh - he let them have fun - while winning - but they knew the boundaries.

Manny's got a problem - and he better have a Come To Jesus moment with the team already - if not sooner.

Manny needs to treat these kids like men.

I though the tackle drills last summer with the music and disco lights were hokie high school ****.

The team should be run like and NFL team like Jimmie used to do it.

Its not that big of an achievement when UM is playing UM football, but to be in the ACC that long, and for him to win it outright, get us to the 1st ACC championship game, 1st bowl win in around 10years, guided the team to a better bowl game the next year, got robbed by the refs, coach of the year, first 10 win season in ovet 13years, the talent levelon the team was being upgraded on a national level across the board, to the point where some were expecting us to beat Lsu. But make no mistake about it, coach richt was checking off boxes and generating alot of money and momentum for this program, and recruits felt that. Its easier to go in an recruit players after winning the coastal and playing in the ACC championship game than to keep getting drubbed up, although i wasnt the so called #1 recruit impressed in hasslewood, he was that close to coming here, why, because of coach richt and coach dugans.

Qb wise, perry and jw15 are better than rosier, but rosier was a 4th and 5th year guy, but in his 1st year starting, he had multiple weapons to throw of like dorsey, Ahmon richards, herdon, berrios, walton and jt4, with those type of weapons, made it real easier, see what happened once they were gone, coach richt just started building it back up with guys like brevin, deejay dallas, and the likes, you could see where this thing was about to go, so by the time it was perry and jw15's time, they had young inexperienced guys to throw on top of them being young. Keep in mind, coach richt was only here for 3 years, he would've eventually found another #1 receiver, but coach richt decided the politics wasnt worth sticking around anymore.

Good lord. What you’re doing is arguing that 2016-2017 were some kind of big achievement because it was better than what we had done in the previous decade. Jesus Christ.

And Richt was not building our talent back up. His 2018-2019 class was something like #40 before Manny somewhat salvaged the class with transfers. And talking about how there were better offensive “weapons” in 2016-2017 then in 2018? That’s almost a backwards way of saying that Golden and Coley were better offensive recruiters than Richt was.

Remember how he was making Banda and Patke co-DCs? I’m not sure the 2019 season would have been that much better than 6-7 with them. I’ll grant that the offense would have been less bad with Richt than it was with Enos, but Banda and Patke would have been worse DCs than Blake Baker, so it probably would have been about a wash.

Last edited:
Can't wait for Manny's first interview where Barry asks a question, lol.

*Not sure if Barry still has press credentials

Advertisement

To be fair, Grandpa Rick was getting rolled out Weekend at Bernie's style even though he didnt appear to know what was happening in 2018. Players probably got used to no rules or consequences.

Then Diaz wanted to be "Coach Cool Guy" instead of busting heads. I don't think it has anything to do with respect, but teenagers weighing consequences and seeing he didnt really punish anyone for bad behavior. Hopefully he's learned his lesson and lets the the problem children know they should transfer.

Good lord. What you’re doing is arguing that 2016-2017 were some kind of big achievement because it was better than what we had done in the previous decade. Jesus Christ.

And Richt was not building our talent back up. His 2018-2019 class was something like #40 before Manny somewhat salvaged the class with transfers. And talking about how there were better offensive “weapons” in 2016-2017 then in 2018? That’s almost a backwards way of saying that Golden and Coley were better offensive recruiters than Richt was.

Remember how he was making Banda and Patke co-DCs? I’m not sure the 2019 season would have been that much better than 6-7 with them. I’ll grant that the offense would have been less bad with Richt than it was with Enos, but Banda and Patke would have been worse DCs than Blake Baker, so it probably would have been about a wash.

Ok man, you starting to go off the tracks, and get lost, part of the same reasons im saying rhett lashlee and this offense should be better than the last 3 years is part of the same reasons why coach richt came in and had some success his 1st 2 years, he inherited a more physically mature offense, the difference was though, coach richt is a championship caliber coach, so e proved his worth right away. Now the facts are clear, coach coley definitely has an eye for talent and knows how to recruit, that's how kaaya got here and the penn disgrace moron didnt do a bad job recruiting good talent while here, but to base your argument off if some nerd recruiting site ranking that said UM had the 40th ranked class to somehow act like coach richt wasnt upgrading the talent is where you're way off now. That 2018 class had, brevin jordan, cam harris, lingard, jock rousseau, Blades, ivey, miller, silvera, scaife, frierson and dee wiggins, just to name a few, to act like coach richt wasnt bringing in nationally relevant talent because of some nerd recruiting sitr rankings, you'll lose me every time with that argument, i go by actual games, whatever greg rousseau was ranked, im sure he's outplayed his ranking.

So to be clear, coach richt started off with more seasoned offensive talent, but let's not act like recruits were beating down the the door in 2016 to come here, almost all headcoaches have to salvage a recruiting class when they come in, coach richt had to do the same, but the facts are clear, you seem to have amnesia and dont want to give coach richt the credit he deserves, he accomplished things in 3years that hadnt been done at UM, ever of for over a decade, to try and diminish those accomplishments based off of a nerd recruiting sites ranking destroys your own credibilty. Now if you want to critique coach richt's flaws, tgat's one thing, but to try to sweep his accomplishments under the bridge, takes you into the irrational category. UM became relevant again on the national stage, how many primetime games did we have under coach richt, we became much watch t.v. again.

Manny needs to treat these kids like men.

I though the tackle drills last summer with the music and disco lights were hokie high school ****.

The team should be run like and NFL team like Jimmie used to do it.

I've heard it was not much fun with Schnellenberger, either.

Or Butch Davis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back