Latest B.J. article

Advertisement
**** no, what team were yall watching, its takes longer for offenses to rebuild than defenses, if just changing the offense was the answer, coach diaz did that, and what happened. Qb's still needed to be developed(maturity/mentally and physically)as evident by last year, which proved why coach richt didnt play jw15 much, but coach diaz and alot of posters thought they knew better than coach richt who to play. The o-line was getting revamped, in comes rhett, who's coming in at a time where most of the o-line recruits have matured physically, navaughn going into his sr. year, scaife will be going into his 3rd year, gaynor 4th year guy, campbell 3rd year, herbert 4th year, Zion and clark, 2nd year, so rhett is coming in at a time where o-linemen that have to be relied upon have played alot of ball. So he should be able to be more successful, coach enos already was a moron for the 5 & 7 step playaction drop backs with 1st time starters in obvious passing situations.

I agree, on defense as long as you have the athletes you'll be ok, offense is more precise so even if you have the athletes it still takes work for things to gel

Also note this, that was with lesser talent around him than he will have at Miami.
how is it better? williams completed 61.2% last year. not comparing the two guys but we definitely need more of king 2018 and less of king's 2019 admittedly small sample size.

I can't stand the thought of Lamar Thomas coaching our WR's.. although Cooney is underwhelming on the surface.
I don't know. We have no fight in us. Lamar lost his broadcasting job for clearly being ready to fight. I would like some of that back on team.

Advertisement
54.4% completed passes vs power 5......that said still better than anything on our roster

I was saying this in LCE's thread.

Was listening to Bruce+Stew on the Audible Podcast this morning and Bruce shared the same sentiment I did. Clearly an upgrade, but lets temper expectations a bit.

This isn't a video game where you drop any talented player into any system and just cheese the fvck out of the game with him.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Next week we'll hear about how players cut in line at the lunch room last season before the Va Tech game...

Like we get it, they were a bunch of fck ups who broke the rules, stop reporting it every week lol.
6C842773-0ADC-47C2-976D-33BE398F5C96.gif

Manny punished the shooter by giving him 5 up-downs and reciting 7 Hail Mary’s. Only one worked vs Va Tech.

In fairness richt did the same thing w the QB.

So you’re expecting the offense to be fixed in Lashlee first season?

Yeah, but richt had to deal with brand new qb's and a limited rosier, rhett is getting more game ready qb's at one time, when you say "fixed" this offense has a long ways to go before the word fixed can be used, but this offense should at least be better than the last 2 years simply because the o-line is more physically mature with more overall talent, and more game ready players at one time. You do realize coach richt was down to play Jahir jones and hayden "my mahoney has a 1st name", having to tryvand bide time and let the young guns grow up. Which is why i respect coach richt, he wasnt trying to just throw a bunch of young guys to the wolves for the sake of winning, coach richt said, let's go with the guys who are less talented but more physically ready, than risk those young guys getting tossed around against Lsu.

So rhett definitely has more seasoned linemen to work with, when you goit 3rd and 4th year guys, this would've been the year where coach richt would definitely have to get blasted if the offense was playing like it did in year 3. It was obvious year 3 was just the culmination of the mediocrity this program has been in before coach richt got here. The fact that since 2017, we have been expected to win the coastal tells you the job coach richt was doing, and from the looks of things, 2020 is no different. This team went from never actually winning the coastal legitimately on the field, to being expected to win it on a regular basis now. Coach richt was building this team for future success, most didnt seem to understand the real state this program was in, or did they seem to understand football.

Coach diaz took over a team with a solid foundation, shouldnt take him another 3 years to be competitive on a regular an in the ACC championship game, but with him being a 1st time headcoach, will he be able to maximize the actually talent on the team in real games, not in practice reports or in theory like he's been doing thus far.

Yeah, but richt had to deal with brand new qb's and a limited rosier, rhett is getting more game ready qb's at one time, when you say "fixed" this offense has a long ways to go before the word fixed can be used, but this offense should at least be better than the last 2 years simply because the o-line is more physically mature with more overall talent, and more game ready players at one time. You do realize coach richt was down to play Jahir jones and hayden "my mahoney has a 1st name", having to tryvand bide time and let the young guns grow up. Which is why i respect coach richt, he wasnt trying to just throw a bunch of young guys to the wolves for the sake of winning, coach richt said, let's go with the guys who are less talented but more physically ready, than risk those young guys getting tossed around against Lsu.

So rhett definitely has more seasoned linemen to work with, when you goit 3rd and 4th year guys, this would've been the year where coach richt would definitely have to get blasted if the offense was playing like it did in year 3. It was obvious year 3 was just the culmination of the mediocrity this program has been in before coach richt got here. The fact that since 2017, we have been expected to win the coastal tells you the job coach richt was doing, and from the looks of things, 2020 is no different. This team went from never actually winning the coastal legitimately on the field, to being expected to win it on a regular basis now. Coach richt was building this team for future success, most didnt seem to understand the real state this program was in, or did they seem to understand football.

Coach diaz took over a team with a solid foundation, shouldnt take him another 3 years to be competitive on a regular an in the ACC championship game, but with him being a 1st time headcoach, will he be able to maximize the actually talent on the team in real games, not in practice reports or in theory like he's been doing thus far.

Richt inherited Brad Kaaya. He actually a more talented Miami QB than anybody since Dennis Erickson. (Unless you’re going to count Ken Dorsey’s supposed leadership skills since he really wasn’t that great of a QB.)

Advertisement
how is it better? williams completed 61.2% last year. not comparing the two guys but we definitely need more of king 2018 and less of king's 2019 admittedly small sample size.

Not saying it's better, I'm just saying he'll be surrounded with more talent than he was at Houston, now the results are yet to be seen...

Advertisement
I agree, on defense as long as you have the athletes you'll be ok, offense is more precise so even if you have the athletes it still takes work for things to gel

Exactly man, the coaching job coach richt did in 2017 was a **** of a job, than to squeeze out 7 wins with having guys like Ahmon out, trying to get younger receivers going, no berrios, qb's bullshatting, his last year was actually more impressive than the year before, which is why flake james phucked up, it would've been better for dumb *** flake to not get on coach richt's nerves where richt told flake to "***** off" and let him get to year than to go into to year 5 not knowing whether coach diaz is the answer either. But we'll see what happens, coach diaz is smart, but just being smart is not enuff to be a headcoach, gotta be able to lead men, and you cant lead men by making excuses for playing transfer tate and starting jarren, the other players not stupid, they see right thru that bullshat!

Richt inherited Brad Kaaya. He actually a more talented Miami QB than anybody since Dennis Erickson. (Unless you’re going to count Ken Dorsey’s supposed leadership skills since he really wasn’t that great of a QB.)

And you see what richt did with brad at the helm, had good success, 1st bowl win in at least 10years, had brad stayed, would've been real interesting that next year. That brad kaaya, Ahmon richards connection was on point. I've consistently said myself that ken dorsey wasnt that good was just surrounded by Greatness, for some reason people keep thinking its crazy when i tell them had jacory harris came to UM and played with the same coaches and players that dorsey played with he would've annihilated the UM record books and college football, j70 was and brad kaaya, 2 of our most accurate qb's, and if brad kaaya was on any of those teams dorsey was on, it would probably have been even more comical, jacory or kaaya was way better than noodles are dorsey, who got punked in that national championship game. That **** craig krenzel earned my respect for the punishment he took that game but kept coming back!

And you see what richt did with brad at the helm, had good success, 1st bowl win in at least 10years, had brad stayed, would've been real interesting that next year. That brad kaaya, Ahmon richards connection was on point. I've consistently said myself that ken dorsey wasnt that good was just surrounded by Greatness, for some reason people keep thinking its crazy when i tell them had jacory harris came to UM and played with the same coaches and players that dorsey played with he would've annihilated the UM record books and college football, j70 was and brad kaaya, 2 of our most accurate qb's, and if brad kaaya was on any of those teams dorsey was on, it would probably have been even more comical, jacory or kaaya was way better than noodles are dorsey, who got punked in that national championship game. That **** craig krenzel earned my respect for the punishment he took that game but kept coming back!

Agreed that Dorsey was overrated. The 34 game win streak was basically accomplished in spite of him. And he’s largely at fault for the OSU game, as well as the close calls like FSU 2002, BC 2001, even FSU 2000.

With that being said, why are you acting like a bowl win or Coastal title is a big achievement?

Heck, Richt was able to recruit no better than Malik Rosier by year 3. And he left behind an even bigger QB mess where our best QB in 2019 was probably Jarren Williams. That is truly terrible QB recruiting by a coach whose speciality was supposed to be QBs.

Agreed that Dorsey was overrated. The 34 game win streak was basically accomplished in spite of him. And he’s largely at fault for the OSU game, as well as the close calls like FSU 2002, BC 2001, even FSU 2000.

With that being said, why are you acting like a bowl win or Coastal title is a big achievement?

Heck, Richt was able to recruit no better than Malik Rosier by year 3. And he left behind an even bigger QB mess where our best QB in 2019 was probably Jarren Williams.
Bc it is. It's a stepping stone to show the program is getting better.

Advertisement
Back