Late June Mock Class

Canesbro31

Sophomore
I think with recruiting seeming to heat up it’s a good time to make a mock class. Let me know what everyone thinks if this was to be our class.

QB: Jay Allen
RB:Thad Franklin
RB:Amari Daniels
WR:Romello Brinson
WR:Jacolby George
WR:Brashard Smith
TE:Elijah Arroyo
TE:Khalil Brantley
OG: Laurence Seymore
OC: Ryan Rodriguez
OT:Michael McLaughlin
DE:Thomas Davis
DE: Jabari Ishmael
DT:Allan Haye
DT: Leonard Taylor
LB:Ja’Corey Hammett
LB:Tyler Johnson
LB:Deshawn Troutman
CB: Tim Burns
CB: Malik Curtis
CB: Random recruit Rumph finds in December
S:Kam Kitchens
ATH: Chase Smith
K: Andres Borregales

In my opinion this class would fill all of our needs and doesn’t seem unrealistic

Advertisement
very realistic! still, im very optimistic that if we have a winning season of 10 or > wins, we can land james williams but if we dont land him certainly this look like a very real possibility of a class

Advertisement
Unless there is some signing day miracle to save Rumph's *** again, I don't think we can fix that CB class lol.
I’m curious how long the leash is for Rumph. We desperately need an elite recruiter that is familiar with db’s to take over special teams.

Think are remaining editions are:

QB - Jake Garcia or Jay Allen
RB - Amari Daniels
WR - Brashard Smith
DE - Jabari Ishmael
DE - Thomas Davis
DT - Leonard Taylor (swap for Collins)
CB - Markevious Brown (or similar)
ATH - James Williams (Chase Smith is possibility if they don't get Williams)

Advertisement
I'm hearing the Allen kid is a big time baseball prospect, but, if he tears it up his SR year, I'll be onboard. Outside of that, I've been on the Ishmael/Hammett as DEs train and bring a 4th WR with open spot, preferably a kid like Alexis or Yul or even a potential gem like Q Skinner. Also think M Brown will be the 3rd CB in the class.

Advertisement
I agree with the poster above saying we need 3 DTs this class. We only took one last year and Roberts is project there as he has to grow into the position.

Unless there is some signing day miracle to save Rumph's *** again, I don't think we can fix that CB class lol.

I wonder if any of the athlete/safeties have CB potential. In any case, I figure Miami will be pretty much in zone defense all the time.

I've never seen a stat analysis of whether lockdown corners are necessary for championships. Would be interesting. I cant remember of any notable elite CBs on the Patriots. Seems like Belichick just wanted CBs that were excellent in zone, but those guys weren't exactly Darell Revis or Pat Surtain.

I wonder if any of the athlete/safeties have CB potential. In any case, I figure Miami will be pretty much in zone defense all the time.

I've never seen a stat analysis of whether lockdown corners are necessary for championships. Would be interesting. I cant remember of any notable elite CBs on the Patriots. Seems like Belichick just wanted CBs that were excellent in zone, but those guys weren't exactly Darell Revis or Pat Surtain.
Ty Law, Astante Samuel, Darell Revis, Stephon Gilmore, and etc. don't ring a bell.

Let's be clear, it ain't nobody running man-press throughout the whole game. NFL is too much of a passing league to do that.

Advertisement
I say this on every post .. 2 DEs in this class is extremely unnecessary for many many reasons.

3 DTs is a must.

It depends what you think will happen with Blissett, Roberts, and Q Williams. All will likely end up inside, per reports on 247. In which case, 3 DTs is overkill, as we would then have 10 DTs on next year's roster. In that scenario, we would have only 4 returning DEs on next year's roster, so we would need at least 2 in this class, and maybe a transfer.

I would guess at least one of the 3 stays outside and we take 2 or maybe 3 DTs this year, depending on if one of the 5 stars wants in. But even in that scenario, we need at least 2 DEs.

i got a funny feeling we keep Savion.... also think we still get Garcia and land a big time CB or 2 n drop Curtis if marshall wants in

Ty Law, Astante Samuel, Darell Revis, Stephon Gilmore, and etc. don't ring a bell.

Let's be clear, it ain't nobody running man-press throughout the whole game. NFL is too much of a passing league to do that.

Law was late 90s- 2004, Samuel was off Patriots by 2007. Revis played for NE 1 year pretty late in his career. But you are right about Gilmore. I honestly haven't watched much NFL in the last couple years. I'm a college FB guy. Interesting thing about Gilmore though- he was a 4 star prospect. Rumph has a predilection of getting a surprise 4 star at the last second. Maybe wont be the guy you thought, but I think if Miami wins, CB will be fine.

I'd say sub out the 2nd DE spot for a fourth o lineman. I feel pretty good about Markevious Brown being CB3 right now. I want chase smith in this class no matter what so numbers wise he better not be pushed out IMO. Everything else on the list I'm fine with.

Advertisement
Back