Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

There are plenty of players in portal limbo. He'll take as many as he wants, but they may not be of the quality he'd prefer. He'll get the ones that buy into his bull****, the ones that think they can avoid it, and the ones who just need to go somewhere. There will always be ones who'll choose any port in a storm.
Deion is not coaching his way around a talent deficit. He gonna bring in some talent and win 4 games and claim progress.
But he ain’t gonna pull a Saban and win anything in the next 2 years while purging all those players.
Their barstool channel can pump the narrative all they want about how this was planned.
Planning to purge 75 percent of your roster to fill them with players in the portal that didn’t do sht is not a plan.

I have no idea why players are so drawn to him. As a position coach I can see it. But as a head coach I would stay tf away.

Prediction is he wins 3 games and claims progress and will launch a full scale media assault on how he won 3 times as many games with scrubs and “imagine what I can do when I get the players I want”.

Deion Sanders found a way to become a p5 head coach while never being a coach in any capacity at the p5 level.

I admire that level of finesse.

If he reaches anywhere the success of even Al Golden (yes Al Golden) who at least found a way to win some games here and almost beat good fsu teams; then we have to admit that either sanders is a coaching savant or being a p5 head coach that can get to a bowl game is not that difficult of a task.

Advertisement
Deion is not coaching his way around a talent deficit. He gonna bring in some talent and win 4 games and claim progress.
But he ain’t gonna pull a Saban and win anything in the next 2 years while purging all those players.
Their barstool channel can pump the narrative all they want about how this was planned.
Planning to purge 75 percent of your roster to fill them with players in the portal that didn’t do sht is not a plan.

I have no idea why players are so drawn to him. As a position coach I can see it. But as a head coach I would stay tf away.

Prediction is he wins 3 games and claims progress and will launch a full scale media assault on how he won 3 times as many games with scrubs and “imagine what I can do when I get the players I want”.

Deion Sanders found a way to become a p5 head coach while never being a coach in any capacity at the p5 level.

If he reaches anywhere the success of even Al Golden (yes Al Golden) who at least found a way to win some games here and almost beat good fsu teams; then we have to admit that either sanders is a coaching savant or being a p5 head coach that can get to a bowl game is not that difficult of a task.
Someone needs to call him on the fact that his losses this year cannot be blamed on last year’s 1-11 team. He got rid of almost all of them. His team right now is full of HIS players. So the question should be, why not a NC this year? If not this year with your players, when?

S**T is fascinating. I’m no Deion fan but man he’s experimenting with how to flip a really bad roster quick by essentially cutting bad players from last year’s squad by replacing them with higher rated back ups from other teams. It’s actually a good plan for a really bad roster, but obviously you can’t do it with even a decently talented roster.

Advertisement

All fax
It may show u just have to recruit than yea cfb HC easy task.

S**T is fascinating. I’m no Deion fan but man he’s experimenting with how to flip a really bad roster quick by essentially cutting bad players from last year’s squad by replacing them with higher rated back ups from other teams. It’s actually a good plan for a really bad roster, but obviously you can’t do it with even a decently talented roster.
The problem is that they didn’t win one game because of talent.
In p5 you only win one game cause the internal problems are huge.
We didn’t lose to fiu because of talent.

They’ve recruited at levels with teams that have done better.

Advertisement
The problem is that they didn’t win one game because of talent.
In p5 you only win one game cause the internal problems are huge.
We didn’t lose to fiu because of talent.

They’ve recruited at levels with teams that have done better.
Last years 1-11 team had two transfers from Alabama. It wasn’t entirely scrubs.

Last years 1-11 team had two transfers from Alabama. It wasn’t entirely scrubs.
Deion did this whole purge thing to buy time. Plenty of those kids that left had the talent needed to win 5-6 games.
Now if he wins more than last year he can look like he’s some kind of genius.
All he did was switch the colors on the same shoes.

Change another decent player for another. But since he wins more than one game he looks like he knows exactly hat he’s doing.

College Football Predictions, prior to the 2022 season:

• (Phil Steele) Toughest Schedule: #12, Colorado
  • (Athlon): After a promising 4-2 finish in coach Karl Dorrell’s first year (2020), the Buffaloes took a major step back last fall. Colorado went 4-8 in ’21 and lost six Pac-12 games by 15 or more points. Also, the offense averaged 20.3 points and just 4.5 yards per play in conference action, while the defense surrendered 6.1 yards per play. The Buffaloes need significant improvement on both sides of the ball to contend for a bowl trip. Dorrell hopes a new coordinator (Mike Sanford Jr.) is what the offense needs to get back on track, but major personnel concerns remain going into ’22. The line struggled mightily (32 sacks allowed) and key playmakers in receiver Brenden Rice and running back Jarek Broussard opted to transfer. Quarterback Brendon Lewis returns after accounting for nearly 1,800 total yards last year, but he will be pushed by JT Shrout for the starting job. Only four starters are back on a defense that ranked near the bottom of the Pac-12 against the run and pass. Linebackers Carson Wells and Nate Landman and cornerbacks Mehki Blackmon and Christian Gonzalez top the list of key departures for coordinator Chris Wilson to address. West Virginia transfer Josh Chandler-Semedo was a key pickup at linebacker. A non-conference slate featuring games versus TCU, Minnesota and Air Force is challenging for a team in rebuild mode.
  • (Ralphie Report): The hopes of the Colorado Buffaloes having a breakthrough 2022 football season are bleak, at least according to Vegas oddsmakers. After a record number of players exited via the transfer portal, the Buffs have an uphill battle, as they are projected to win four games this season.
  • (The Athletic): Dorrell overhauled his staff, with four of his six new on-field assistants taking offensive roles, including coordinator Mike Sanford Jr., a former head coach at Western Kentucky who spent the last two seasons at Minnesota. Then a transfer wave hit. Colorado lost 23 players, including its leading rusher, two top receivers, both starting cornerbacks and a starting safety. This was in addition to the losses of Nate Landman, a team captain and second-team All-Pac-12 linebacker, and Carson Wells, the program’s top pass rusher.
  • (ESPN FPI): 1-11 prediction, with the only game they were favored to win being California (which they won) https://coloradobuffaloeswire.usato...redictions-colorados-2022-schedule-espns-fpi/

This team was a mess going into last season. Steele in his magazine thought that the team would be improved, particularly with the quarterback and a new offensive philosophy, but it appears that any chance that they had was lost when they were hit with a wave of transfers (23 - which was extraordinarily high for any team prior to 2023).

Advertisement
Doesn’t actually playing together make a huge deal. I don’t see how you can just throw together a full offense and defense with players who haven’t played a snap together. This isn’t like getting a new coordinator where you need to learn a playbook but you know the strengths, communication, and timing of the people around you. This is more like a team of foreign players coming to America to play college ball. You’ve never been to Colorado, you just met your teammates, you need to learn the playbook, you have to make new friends, and you have to win a position. Season starts in 4 months that’s a big ask from the players point of view.

Well go look at his schedule because he's going to get stomped by alot of good teams this year. It's going to be an ugly locker room but the glorified preacher will just tell them "This is Gods Plan" LOL

Well go look at his schedule because he's going to get stomped by alot of good teams this year. It's going to be an ugly locker room but the glorified preacher will just tell them "This is Gods Plan" LOL
Deion cares about one thing, HIS brand. He is the ultimate "look at me" personality. Dude has a camera follow him around all the time, its obnoxious.

Advertisement
Exactly what I’ve been expecting. A one and done from a named program for hype, but hadn’t done ****. This kid is 1 and done and has 1 (one) career tackle. He sucks and leaves a hole again immediately with the unlimited counters ending.
Its going to be interesting to see how many 1-n-dones he's bringing in with the IC rules kicking in the year after. I originally said no visible impact to a massive 23 class until year 3 but that was conditional on a good mix of 1 and 2 year and even 3 year xfers. If the ratio of 1 year eligibility players is too high, could be year 2.

Advertisement
Back