Tears Last Nerve III: Head to Head Against Deion (was Neon Deion Coaching Megathread)

I imagine the public will be on Colorado pretty hard too. Easy money.
162A94EF-7562-4FA9-BA60-B28E72659914.jpeg

Was -19 yesterday. Their win total when I bet the under was at 4.5 wins -120. I drove 2 hours to Connecticut to place the bet because my state didn’t have legals at the time, and my offshore books weren’t offering it.

Now that Massachusetts added legal books last month, I kept incrementally adding…but after the Spring game, there was a ton of action on the under pushing it into the -170 range. Then the portal news started and it plummeted, pushing it to a season win total of 3.5, slight juice on the over. I’ll keep hitting plus money on the under as I really see 3 wins as a ceiling, 2 if we’re being honest.

@OrangeBowlMagic you were right by the way…our +17.5 @ FSU was snatched up quick to +17, and our +11 spread vs. Clemson down to +10. A&M on the other hand, lot of action for the Aggies; we went from +4.5 to +6.5 overnight.

Advertisement
Which of these sub-groups is more foolish?

:eek:: Deion did this.

:hammering-head:: How dare you follow Deion stuff.

Given that Deion is a college football coach and this is a college football message board, Im gonna go with group two.

We have Noles on our staff & are currently recruiting a Nole player in the Portal.

If it was just because he was a Nole I don’t think people would really be this invested.

What’s driving it is more than that IMO, it’s just people have to couch it behind the Nole thing, which is fine, I just pointed out the inconsistencies.

People should have just as much vitriol for a team that has beaten the Dogsh*t out of us on the field for the last 4 years & has a POS HC like Mack Brown & should have vitriol for a team that cuts every corner, has the system rigged in their favor & has a POS Redneck HC like Kirby who has taken recruits from us for years, but alas..
Don't worry bro. I've got plenty of venom to go around.

It's an interesting college football story to follow, but other than that, who gives a isht about Colorado football? The last time they had a highlight Kordell Stewart was the QB.

Advertisement
Highlights of the Athletic article:

-Most of the 23 Colorado players who entered the transfer portal or announced plans to on Monday and Tuesday were told to do so, players say. A total of 51 Buffaloes have entered or said they plan to since the portal first opened in December – 46 since Sanders took over Dec. 2.

-“I’m bringing my luggage with me, and it’s Louis,” the Pro Football Hall of Famer famously told his team in their first meeting, referencing the luxury brand Louis Vuitton as a way of announcing better players would be joining the program. “I want y’all to get ready to go ahead and jump in that portal. … The more you jump in, the more room you make.”

Over the weekend, Sanders reiterated that Colorado would be making room for incoming transfers who Sanders has been chasing.

“You all know that we’re gonna move on from some of the team members, and we’re gonna reload and get some kids that we really identify with,” Sanders said after Saturday’s spring game. “So this process is gonna be quick, it’s gonna be fast, but we’re gonna get it done.”

“We’ve got to make some decisions,” Sanders continued. “That’s gonna be on me now.”

The Athletic reached out to dozens of Colorado’s transfers and spoke with five players who departed the program — three who left before Saturday and two who were cut on Sunday — to get a clearer picture of how the roster turnover has played out inside the Buffaloes program.

It was clear where Sanders and his staff were investing their efforts. A line emerged, players said, between the returning players and newcomers.

“None of the new coaches would talk to the old players and treat us the same as the people they brought in,” said tight end Zach Courtney, who entered the transfer portal April 19. “The new guys wouldn’t be picked on as much in film. Coaches would tell them to just do better, but if it was an old player, they’d keep going off on what you did wrong and keep yelling about it.”

The five players The Athletic spoke with relayed one consistent reality for players Sanders inherited: He spent little to no time coaching or speaking with them.

“I felt like he was more of a motivational speaker. He gives good advice, but he didn’t really talk to me once,” Courtney said. “I never really got to experience his coaching.”

“No relationship with him at all. I said what’s up to him a few times,” said Gray, who practiced with the second team before an injury during a scrimmage forced him to miss two days of spring practice. “I’m not sure he knew the names of half the kids he got rid of. He was worried about who he brought in. If you were on the 1-11 team, it seemed like he didn’t really care about us at all. He already said he was going to get rid of 25-30 of us, and that’s exactly what he did.”

-Eight Jackson State transfers were on Colorado’s spring roster. One is Sanders’ son, Shedeur Sanders, who Sanders introduced as the starting quarterback at his introductory news conference. Another is Travis Hunter, the nation’s top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2022.

-So far, the Buffaloes have accepted 29 incoming transfers, some of whom practiced this spring, and more are expected to arrive this summer.

-
Sanders elected to make players earn their jersey numbers in spring practice, with newcomer Jimmy Horn Jr., a transfer receiver from USF, being the first player to be given his.

“Everything you do around here will be earned. We ain’t giving you nothing,” Sanders told the team, according to a video posted to YouTube this spring. “So you gotta go get it, and you gotta take it.”

- Cameras are common in the facility at practice, documenting the program for an upcoming reality show and a variety of YouTube channels that cover the program and players within it.

Added one player who is transferring and asked not to be identified so that he wouldn’t have trouble finding a new school: “Wherever the camera’s at, that’s where Deion is.”

-A recent NCAA rule change allows first-year coaches to cut players from the roster as long as they also honor their scholarships even though they’re no longer part of the football program. Asked about the rule, a Colorado spokesman said the university plans to honor all NCAA rules and bylaws.
It appears that all of the athletes "cut" from the program were given that option - most wanted to move on to play football somewhere.

-

Advertisement
Gonna be hilarious when Corch Grime has to throw his assistants under the bus. Wasn't an issue at his previous level because he could out-talent most of his competition. He'll need a new scapegoat at this level and blaming "old" mentalities and culture won't exactly work if he's purging all the kids that were already on the roster.

Gonna be hilarious when Corch Grime has to throw his assistants under the bus. Wasn't an issue at his previous level because he could out-talent most of his competition. He'll need a new scapegoat at this level and blaming "old" mentalities and culture won't exactly work if he's purging all the kids that were already on the roster.
Yeah. Still stunned Sean Lewis went there.

Advertisement
Never seen a coach so full of himself.

Making matters worse is his 'earn everything' bull**** as his son is gifted the starting QB position.

He's going to crash and I'm all here for it.
Hopefully some of these kids can see that he only cares for players if they serve a use to him.

He’s going winless this year, minus whatever cupcake he may slip by.
The only “cupcake” on their schedule is Colorado St, which I have pegged as a 50/50 game. Their non-con rounds out with TCU and Nebraska. It’s a brutal schedule.

They won’t beat Oregon, USC, UCLA, Utah, Oregon St, Arizona, or Wazzu. Their only chances to win come @Arizona St, Colorado St, Stanford. That’s all I got.

Advertisement
Highlights of the Athletic article:

-Most of the 23 Colorado players who entered the transfer portal or announced plans to on Monday and Tuesday were told to do so, players say. A total of 51 Buffaloes have entered or said they plan to since the portal first opened in December – 46 since Sanders took over Dec. 2.

-“I’m bringing my luggage with me, and it’s Louis,” the Pro Football Hall of Famer famously told his team in their first meeting, referencing the luxury brand Louis Vuitton as a way of announcing better players would be joining the program. “I want y’all to get ready to go ahead and jump in that portal. … The more you jump in, the more room you make.”

Over the weekend, Sanders reiterated that Colorado would be making room for incoming transfers who Sanders has been chasing.

“You all know that we’re gonna move on from some of the team members, and we’re gonna reload and get some kids that we really identify with,” Sanders said after Saturday’s spring game. “So this process is gonna be quick, it’s gonna be fast, but we’re gonna get it done.”

“We’ve got to make some decisions,” Sanders continued. “That’s gonna be on me now.”

The Athletic reached out to dozens of Colorado’s transfers and spoke with five players who departed the program — three who left before Saturday and two who were cut on Sunday — to get a clearer picture of how the roster turnover has played out inside the Buffaloes program.

It was clear where Sanders and his staff were investing their efforts. A line emerged, players said, between the returning players and newcomers.

“None of the new coaches would talk to the old players and treat us the same as the people they brought in,” said tight end Zach Courtney, who entered the transfer portal April 19. “The new guys wouldn’t be picked on as much in film. Coaches would tell them to just do better, but if it was an old player, they’d keep going off on what you did wrong and keep yelling about it.”

The five players The Athletic spoke with relayed one consistent reality for players Sanders inherited: He spent little to no time coaching or speaking with them.

“I felt like he was more of a motivational speaker. He gives good advice, but he didn’t really talk to me once,” Courtney said. “I never really got to experience his coaching.”

“No relationship with him at all. I said what’s up to him a few times,” said Gray, who practiced with the second team before an injury during a scrimmage forced him to miss two days of spring practice. “I’m not sure he knew the names of half the kids he got rid of. He was worried about who he brought in. If you were on the 1-11 team, it seemed like he didn’t really care about us at all. He already said he was going to get rid of 25-30 of us, and that’s exactly what he did.”

-Eight Jackson State transfers were on Colorado’s spring roster. One is Sanders’ son, Shedeur Sanders, who Sanders introduced as the starting quarterback at his introductory news conference. Another is Travis Hunter, the nation’s top-ranked recruit in the Class of 2022.

-So far, the Buffaloes have accepted 29 incoming transfers, some of whom practiced this spring, and more are expected to arrive this summer.

-
Sanders elected to make players earn their jersey numbers in spring practice, with newcomer Jimmy Horn Jr., a transfer receiver from USF, being the first player to be given his.

“Everything you do around here will be earned. We ain’t giving you nothing,” Sanders told the team, according to a video posted to YouTube this spring. “So you gotta go get it, and you gotta take it.”

- Cameras are common in the facility at practice, documenting the program for an upcoming reality show and a variety of YouTube channels that cover the program and players within it.

Added one player who is transferring and asked not to be identified so that he wouldn’t have trouble finding a new school: “Wherever the camera’s at, that’s where Deion is.”

-A recent NCAA rule change allows first-year coaches to cut players from the roster as long as they also honor their scholarships even though they’re no longer part of the football program. Asked about the rule, a Colorado spokesman said the university plans to honor all NCAA rules and bylaws.
It appears that all of the athletes "cut" from the program were given that option - most wanted to move on to play football somewhere.

-
Wasn’t aware of the scholarship clause for players “cut”, makes me feel better abt teams “cutting” players. Still dislike Deion and his coaching methods regardless

You know, when people want to try to defend Coach Neon and tell us about how he is trying to become a real coach and a true mentor to these kids, and that he is building a culture where everyone has a chance and everything is earned, remember this...

A defensive back...a first-team safety...on a team coached by a Hall-of-Fame defensive back...DID NOT EVEN HAVE A ONE-ON-ONE MEETING WITH THE COACH FOR FIVE MONTHS.

Just let that sink in.

And be honest, Coach Neon had already pre-determined that nearly every player that he didn't sign would be booted off the team.

1682521411610.png

Advertisement
Back