Lashlee

Advertisement
Hmm, can’t tell you what kinda temperament Lashless has as far as personal is concerned or what his business acumen is BUT being around MD could have rubbed off on him. Possibly he’s just being savy and using it as a ploy to increase his pay. UCF is not a terrible job but recruiting against Miami, UF and FSU in Fla is no easy task especially when he say how good Miami will potentially be with recruits and coaches. Not to mention Bama, Clemson, UL and Ohio St. Maybe he’s just making a smart play and using it as leverage.

I was told Lashlee is picky with what job he takes and wanted to hang around here one more year. He’s getting tired of moving his kids around. So if he leaves it’ll be a job he plans on staying at for a few years. With our offense taking another step next year ( it should) he’ll have better offers than UCF.

I am hoping he’s holding out for a P5 position. UCF would be a decent gig but as mentioned earlier it would probably be a stepping stone type of job.

Advertisement
Lashlee has jumped around a lot, and I wonder if he considers UCF a destination spot where he can lay down roots? Since O'Leary, UCF hasn't been able to hold on to a HC for any tenure as it's a stepping stone job. Additionally, I'm sure it would be very hard for him to walk out on King (especially after his injury), who I'm sure returned to play under Lashlee.

IMO he stays with us another year, hopefully has a real good year, and he'll have other (better) options next year...anyway we look at it, he isn't long term.

I mean, he could totally win multiple rings there without ever playing in a national championship game, so that seems compelling.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I would definitely take the job if I were him.

Basically, to win a national championship, and get T-shirts, and signs, and all the accoutrements, all you have to do is say it and claim it.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me.
You can only claim a national championship if you finish first in one of the polls recognized by the NCAA. There’s like 20 different polls, most of which most fans don’t even know exist. UCF is hardly the first team to do it either. Alabama has multiple “claimed” national championships. They claim a title from a season when they went 8-3 and finished 23rd in the AP poll because some wacky poll rated them #1 on accident. Miami could technically claim at least two more nattys. They don’t because it’s ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back