Lashlee

chris2183l

Recruit
My buddy and I graduated from UCF back in 09. He actually played under Oleary as an OL but tore his knee one too many times...hes fairly connected into the program over there and he just text me asking what I thought of Lashlee and that he apparently interviewed for the open vacancy there...anyone heard anything about this? I've tried to search around for it but don't see anything. Would hate to lose him. Love what he's done so far at UM

Advertisement
My buddy and I graduated from UCF back in 09. He actually played under Oleary as an OL but tore his knee one too many times...hes fairly connected into the program over there and he just text me asking what I thought of Lashlee and that he apparently interviewed for the open vacancy there...anyone heard anything about this? I've tried to search around for it but don't see anything. Would hate to lose him. Love what he's done so far at UM
Plausible he was interviewed. They can get a coach with HC experience though.

If your buddy has the ear of anyone making the hiring decision, tell your buddy that Lashlee is not a good fit for UCF. Tell him Phil Longo from UNC would be a perfect fit for UCF 😈

Advertisement
Tell your Buddy to shoot a Heads up to his connection/s about this guy....His playcalling (especially in a Downpour) are Legendary...
IMG_20191130_170815.jpg

The best programs get their coordinators considered and even poached to be head coach. The question is, can we retain our best coaches? And if not, are we capable of maintaining the quality we lose?

Advertisement
If your buddy has the ear of anyone making the hiring decision, tell your buddy that Lashlee is not a good fit for UCF. Tell him Phil Longo from UNC would be a perfect fit for UCF 😈
Been too many coaching changes since our time at UCF. Not sure he is that kind of plugged in anymore lol

Advertisement
According to UCF and Ole Miss 247Sports insider the new AD interviewed at least 6 candidates in the last few days.

UCF wrapped up the first round of interviews and they are guessing there will not be a second round, indicating that this search will be over soon.

Who interviewed? Lebby, Longo, Sean Lewis (Kent State) and probably Gus Malzahn is in the mix. There are rumors also about Buffalo HC Lance Leipold.
They did NOT mentioned Lashlee but, given the circumstances, he could be one of the others candidates.

imho Lebby is the frontrunner and I don’t think it’s close.

Lashlee has jumped around a lot, and I wonder if he considers UCF a destination spot where he can lay down roots? Since O'Leary, UCF hasn't been able to hold on to a HC for any tenure as it's a stepping stone job. Additionally, I'm sure it would be very hard for him to walk out on King (especially after his injury), who I'm sure returned to play under Lashlee.

IMO he stays with us another year, hopefully has a real good year, and he'll have other (better) options next year...anyway we look at it, he isn't long term.

No harm interviewing. But I think UCF can find an already proven HC to take over at the head of their program. But we cannot kid ourselves - if/when Lashlee ramps up the offensive output in 2021, the ability to keep him will go up exponentially.
Imo UCFs been able to hit big because they weren’t forced to go after a “proven HC”. They had a talented AD that found under the radar coordinators. Bigger programs don’t always have the luxury of risk

Advertisement
If Lashlee is smart, which he is then he will stay at Miami for at least an additional 3 years in order develop a few QB'S an get them drafted. Then he will have his pick of P5 head coaching gigs.

Currently he has yet to have developed any QB'S, his claim to fame coming from the Gus Malzhan tree of coaching won't help much now that Gus got fired. If Rhett stays at Miami, develops his local ties for future recruiting in Florida and pumps out several offensive NFL players, then his stock will sky rocket. Miami is like a graduate school independent study in head coaching right now both for Manny and Rhett.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back