Lashlee, What u guys think ?

Advertisement
This isn't hype. This is the offensive coordinator giving an honest assessment of possibilities. Notice he emphasizes that things could happen but the work has to be put in. He is not selling dreams but reality. He talked about discipline and we all know that the Canes have been one of the most undisciplined teams esp on offense in college football. He sounds like a coach and he is doing what he is supposed to get his people to buy in. Like Liberty City says the QB position and the line particularly the LT position have been hurting us. So the struggle may be more about our lack of talent than his ability to make his offense run smoothly. There really is no reason to doubt what he can do except no one knows if Manny will do what needs to be done to accomodate Lashlee and his needs. Dude sounds more like a motivator than Manny.
Yep, he wasn't promising anything to the kids and he was quick to let them know that it starts with them. I love how he asked the players to let him "EARN" their trust. Enos was a guy that had that "I'm the smartest person in the room" attitude and he carried himself with a smugness that said you should respect me because I am me. I really like Lashlee's presence and demeanor let's all hope it translate to on-field success

3 years ago, I would’ve been pumped about this but I’ve seen too many of these short videos and I always get excited until the season starts and nothing really changes.

I actually think he is a good coach but until I see us have a functional offense, this does nothing for me 🤷🏾‍♂️
I think the difference is that for first time in 15 yrs we are leaving behind the old pro style going to an up tempo spread. I understand the reluctance to be excited but get excited. Cause this team is gonna run plays that protect the oline get ball into playmakers hands and let them make plays. if we were gonna run the same old pro style id be a bit reluctant to believe in hype also

Advertisement
I agree with the above comment whole heartedly. That being said I was struck by the fact that he sounded more like a head coach than Manny. Two I loved that he meantioned that the players shouldn't focus on stats. As far as getting hyped or claiming he is elite or how great the offense is going to be.. I will will reserve judgement until I see results or lack there of.

This; when listening I was like dude should be our head coach.

But let’s see; if I hear another off season where the Def is ahead of the offense & justify that “typically” happens while implementing a new offense, imma lose it.

Advertisement
Let's see if these kids can get themselves into the condition required to be able to effectively run 80+ plays a game. These linemen will need to start hitting the burpees instead of the Doritos bag.

Smoking a blunt

What's wrong with smoking a blunt
1579182069038.gif

Agree, I am done. I get hurt every season. I need to see it to believe it. 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Fair enough but there's more than enough reason to be excited about what Lashlee brings to the table—especially in comparison to what Miami has seen at the position for years; Enos, Richt's antiquated system, James Coley, Patrick Nix, Dan Werner, Rich Olson, Mark Whipple, etc.

Jedd Fisch was literally the best option Miami had at offensive coordinator Miami had at offensive coordinator since Rob Chudzinkski left town 16 years ago—and even Fisch wasn't some master of innovation.

Lashlee's hiring and Miami finally committing to the spread everyone has been clamoring for—there's finally reason to believe in something.

Anyone that "believed" in 2019—that's on them. First-year head coach taking over a team that was 7-9 since the 10-0 start in 2017?

There was zero reason to expect anything in 2019—yet some were yelling '12-0!' and 'We want Clemson!' in the preseason—only to be *shocked* that Miami struggled and wound up 6-7.

Anyone burned by 2019, that's on them.

Even 2018 shouldn't have been a shock after the three-loss skid to end 2017 and the fact that no other quarterback could beat out Malik Rosier the following year en route to 7-6. That 10-0 start was fool's gold the year prior—as that could've just as easily been 6-4 without some massive breaks.

What's wrong with smoking a blunt
View attachment 108776

In the grand scheme of life, nothing at all.

For a football program trying to get better conditioned and more-focused; everything.

Same way anyone in training for anything gives up drinking and changes eating habits, as well.

This program needs to take a cue from Clemson; as the entire team has a player-enforced social media ban during the season in effort to stay focused.

Between fall practices through any bowl game—cut out the weed, booze, social media distractions, late night DoorDash orders and focus on what can make you better at your craft.

From January through July pick up all the vices again.

Advertisement
If you told me last summer that Perry would be the most mature QB and our offense would be even worse than 2018 I would have thought you were way off base. Yet here we are.

Perry still isn't a great quarterback, but he can move, and may be serviceable, especially with a little more protection. TVD has potential, but that's never really been in short supply here. I can't really speak about Matocha, but the rest can feel free to see themselves to the door, although Martell may be useful as a WR.

Lashlee has a very recent body of work that indicates he can be a very effective OC, something that Enos didn't have. We fell for the hype that he was Saban's guy and we suffered for it.

I expect we'll improve, but I'm not fully buying in until Mich St.

I've been wanting an uptempo Spread offense since Leach begged for the gig. The thing about it is, Lashlee doesn't need 4/5-star talent to win the Coastal next season. **** we were in the hunt with sorry *** Enos calling those playactions and TE sweeps on 3rd downs.

Advertisement
LCE...I agree w/ you 99% of the time.

This is our 1% disagreement.

I want you to be right.

I've looked at every at film I can find on Lashlee Os.

This Miami OL won't hold up long enough and problem will be magnified by no WR separation.

We shall see first 4 games of year...
They all pointed to the ball coming out quick, if they can't hold up in this system for the ball to come out most the time then there isn't a system out there that can help.

I understand that, but with Enos they knew WHEN the routes were coming. Ds figured Enos out. Just look at the early success we had with the RPO slants. The WR were wide open on the RPO slant until the D's figured it out and then they all the sudden couldn't get an inch of separation because the DB's were sitting on it.

There's a lot of factors that contributed to our WR's being "covered", it isn't really their inability to gain separation.
it's called game film.
Study that for game prep, and when the Canes went to the line,..................... based on formation, the D set up accordingly and just waited.
Very true.

They all pointed to the ball coming out quick, if they can't hold up in this system for the ball to come out most the time then there isn't a system out there that can help.

As many of us have been saying since UF game...

I do not believe there is a system to fit these OLrs because they simply aren't even average ACC quality...and will very likely never be

Advertisement
Back