Lashlee comments

Advertisement
One reason play book limited was no spring practice to install totally new offense. I am confident with a spring practice playbook will expand
How does no spring affect the comparative rankings because no one else had spring either? We need to quit making goofy excuses for our coaches and players.

Our offense was average overall last year and below average when compared to teams that recruit at our level. I expect it to be way better this year.

How does no spring affect the comparative rankings because no one else had spring either? We need to quit making goofy excuses for our coaches and players.

Our offense was average overall last year and below average when compared to teams that recruit at our level. I expect it to be way better this year.
How many other schools installed a totally new offense.

How many other schools installed a totally new offense.
A lot of them. And Lashlee’s claim to fame is that his offense is easy to learn.

You guys put too much stock in that stuff because you think football is way more complicated than it is. These guys have been playing all their lives and we had a lot of experience. They know basic routes and basic run concepts.

The OC and QB were new to the school, players and staff, so missing a spring is sub-optimal. But that's not going to cause the middle of the O-line to cave in like Paranos' women were sitting on it, and it's also not going to give Wigout and **** the dropsies. I imagine with a full year in the same system, the players will be playing faster and executing assignments better, but that can only do so much. Just like anything else, success will depend on if the line can get right.

Advertisement
I didn’t hear a direct answer to the ?. Just another form of coach speak....the what, the how, & the new tinkle, the why.

So if we don’t see an improvement, which I doubt, but if we don’t see an improvement, it will be b/c the players still can’t grasp “the why” meaning guys r still not doing their jobs, allegedly.

What I personally wanna see in yr 2 is not the why; I wanna see Lashlee scheme per the opponents we face. If they struggle against wheel routes, wheel route them to death. If they struggle against slants, slant them to death. I felt we were so tied to the playbook, and the playbook became predictable, to the point I & others were calling plays before they happened, just based upon formations.

Unfortunately in the game of football, once film is on you for a yr, if u don’t adjust, U’re going to be ***’d out. Hopefully we have more plays than the 8 or so we saw....the most effective was the fake run & pop pass over the middle to the TE...I promise u that won’t be as effective this yr if other wrinkles aren’t made.
That play would never have worked at all if it wasn’t set up properly. If you can’t get the linebackers to bite on the qb run action, the play is worthless. How do you get linebackers to get over aggressive against the qb power?You run the QB power multiple times early. If it gains one yard, you still run it again. Even if the play isn’t making much impact, you have to keep the threat there.

Lol at anyone who doesn’t think what Lashlee and King did last year was miraculous. We’re taking about what was one of the absolute worst offenses in FBS in 2019 and made them into a very respectable unit. They went from 90th in scoring to 26th. I know the PlayStation coaches all think they should have been way better because supposedly Miami has superior talent but answer this: What offensive player outside of King or Jordan last year would be a starter at ANY P5 contender? Maaaaybe Harley is a WR 3? Our absolute best offensive lineman was an average P5 lineman. Most of the starters on the line wouldn’t start at UCF. Would Pope or Wiggins sniff the field at Clemson? If anybody has ever made chicken salad out of chicken **** , it’s Rhett Lashlee.

So we're going to just ignore the fact that a YouTube Cane fanatic and South Florida football follower asks better questions in his interviews than actual reporters?

Nah, nobody’s ignoring that. We’ve actually known this for years. We come to expect ignorant questions from our stable of three or four “legit media” * reporters that are assigned to the team.

*(“Legit” media reporters defined as newspaper reporters, sports media reporters, news service reporters, like AP, etc)

Advertisement

How about comparative rankings of teams installing 1st year offenses with new qbs with no Spring?

Advertisement
That play would never have worked at all if it wasn’t set up properly. If you can’t get the linebackers to bite on the qb run action, the play is worthless. How do you get linebackers to get over aggressive against the qb power?You run the QB power multiple times early. If it gains one yard, you still run it again. Even if the play isn’t making much impact, you have to keep the threat there.

Agreed; but it also worked b/c there was no film study on it. It wasn’t so much the LBs that bit, but rather the LBs & S, in particular the S. W/ film study, it’s not going to be as open, UNLESS we are running the ball effectively, which is the case w/ any play action pass.

Advertisement
Lol at anyone who doesn’t think what Lashlee and King did last year was miraculous. We’re taking about what was one of the absolute worst offenses in FBS in 2019 and made them into a very respectable unit. They went from 90th in scoring to 26th. I know the PlayStation coaches all think they should have been way better because supposedly Miami has superior talent but answer this: What offensive player outside of King or Jordan last year would be a starter at ANY P5 contender? Maaaaybe Harley is a WR 3? Our absolute best offensive lineman was an average P5 lineman. Most of the starters on the line wouldn’t start at UCF. Would Pope or Wiggins sniff the field at Clemson? If anybody has ever made chicken salad out of chicken **** , it’s Rhett Lashlee.
HUGE kudos to defacto HC Lashlee, his man Justice, and QB1 King--three most important contributors to O (add PK Borgy too).

They saved Manuela for another season.

Aren't we lucky.

I'd argue Louie Louie was one of Miami's most important/productive defenders last year too.

Last edited:
Yeah a "new" 5th year Heisman caliber QB playing in a simple *** system. Quit making stupid excuses.
Heisman caliber QB candidates need an OL and WRs of great quality.

King had neither last year on our Canes squad.

🙄

T Lawrence on Miami's team last year very likely doesn't reach ACCCG.

However, put Clemson's entire OL in orange and green with King, and Canes very likely (I'll almost say certainly) are in for the ACC Champ Belt Match.

The OC and QB were new to the school, players and staff, so missing a spring is sub-optimal. But that's not going to cause the middle of the O-line to cave in like Paranos' women were sitting on it, and it's also not going to give Wigout and **** the dropsies. I imagine with a full year in the same system, the players will be playing faster and executing assignments better, but that can only do so much. Just like anything else, success will depend on if the line can get right.
Wigout and ****. Like it.

Advertisement
Back