Lashlee comments

Advertisement
Maybe explore outside zone? LoL
Cant run it if you cant block it. We tried running wide stuff here and there, but it was a negative play on most of them.

Thats what a lack of spring does if you have to change blocking schemes and teach your O-Line how to block a certain assignment. You dont really have the time to practice it much.

Cant run it if you cant block it. We tried running wide stuff here and there, but it was a negative play on most of them.

Thats what a lack of spring does if you have to change blocking schemes and teach your O-Line how to block a certain assignment. You dont really have the time to practice it much.
Almost every toss or sweep play resulted in a negative play last year. It’s not Madden. Sometimes your playbook gets limited by the players you have.

Its a simple concept. Having a quality/elite OL (Miami doesn't) enables EVERY type of O scheme. Really when ypu think about it, O schemes are a collection of gimmkcks while OL/DL play are foundation of the game.

Alabama, OSU, Georgia, Clemson could run the triple wishbone this year and win a ton of games

Advertisement
Almost every toss or sweep play resulted in a negative play last year. It’s not Madden. Sometimes your playbook gets limited by the players you have.
Guess why didnt run HB screens much? Cause no one was in the right spot, mostly because they were too slow.

Thats why I am saying, I get being massive but you have to be able to move that weight. Our guys arent very mobile up front.

Advertisement
Hoping we see more stuff over the middle. Slants, drags, crossers, etc. Feel like we've got guys who are tailor made for those kinds of plays. Give them easy catches in the middle of the field and see what they can do with the ball in their hands.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe explore outside zone? LoL
OZ or wide zone is tough man, especially with faster defense nowadays.
Looking at the way football is moving towards, POA type of running plays or IZ may the wiser, since defense are typically faster and smaller nowadays.
OZ is also tough to have your Q involved in the run game unless under center.

I didn’t hear a direct answer to the ?. Just another form of coach speak....the what, the how, & the new tinkle, the why.

So if we don’t see an improvement, which I doubt, but if we don’t see an improvement, it will be b/c the players still can’t grasp “the why” meaning guys r still not doing their jobs, allegedly.

What I personally wanna see in yr 2 is not the why; I wanna see Lashlee scheme per the opponents we face. If they struggle against wheel routes, wheel route them to death. If they struggle against slants, slant them to death. I felt we were so tied to the playbook, and the playbook became predictable, to the point I & others were calling plays before they happened, just based upon formations.

Unfortunately in the game of football, once film is on you for a yr, if u don’t adjust, U’re going to be ***’d out. Hopefully we have more plays than the 8 or so we saw....the most effective was the fake run & pop pass over the middle to the TE...I promise u that won’t be as effective this yr if other wrinkles aren’t made.

Advertisement
Back