Larry Coker was our Head Corch for the best team ever

Advertisement
Another Butch the God thread, I seem to remember a lot of fans not liking Butch gameday coaching back then.
But yet his mythical greatness keeps growing with time.

They would be better than they are now under Manny.

ANYONE not able to admit Manny has been our worst coach to date is obviously a relative.

Sorry for the pain he has brought your family. Just know that he has brought much more pain and humiliation to every Cane fan. Pain that won't go away anytime in the near future. There's no escaping the truth. Compared to them Manny is lead weighted whale**** who quickly sinks directly to the bottom.

All our worst coaches had certain skills although they misused them, they were not completely over their heads like Manny is against almost anyone. Manny is a complete phony, completely out of his element, and a sad, complete embarrassment as a coach to the University of Miami

You feel different?

Don't waste your time on me. I've seen all of the recent dummies and there is NO DOUBT who stunk up the place with BS more. Manny clearly holds that title and that's a fact to anyone who's not related to him.

I'm not here to argue who's sh*t was the worst. Suffice it to say if Shakespeare was describing it Manny's would be described " AS THE ONE MOST FOUL"
Or his tax guy, his financial advisor, the landscaper or his drinking buddy. They all post here by the way.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Another Butch the God thread, I seem to remember a lot of fans not liking Butch gameday coaching back then.
But yet his mythical greatness keeps growing with time.
78335218_2898899726810850_2831704683083464704_n.jpg

Modern day football is constantly evolving... elite teams are becoming hard to come by. The same teams are represented every year, but flaws are always revealed.

1) Clemson is on a 3 game streak of looking inept on offense with a 5 star QB (not counting SC St)

2) Bama just gave up 250 yards rushing to a team that has no passing threat

3) Oklahoma is basically doing the same thing as us.

Point is, where is our leadership and accountability from the players? Where are the dogs on the sidelines demanding a standard? We have been average for 15 years and when a team has sustained success, it comes from more than the coaches, it comes from culture and team leaders. Michael Irvin said he was scared of not keeping it going, Joaquin said dominate, Webster put you in a head lock, even Hankerson worked with Duper and on the jug machine when no one else cared.

Put the rings and chain away. Stop dancing and celebrating, your scholarship should require a signature of contribution. Reward production with playing time, or stand next to Pope without gear. I'm tired of losing, but I'm more tired of our players not giving a **** anymore.

Serious question,

Do you actually think that YOU want to win more than our players do?

Players are a product of their coaching environment. Want players to care? Get a coach that cares and who's willing to put in the effort to get them prepared.

If the coaches celebrate and reward the superficial and inane portions of playing versus the total effort and winning then that's what you'll get.

Everyone wants to be recognized for their achievements, but when that becomes primary to the team's success then it's detrimental.

Manny with his boasts, lack of preparation and trinkets is getting the results those kinds of actions always generate....which is NOTHING.

Players don't game plan, select starters, substitute or make game time adjustments put the blame on lack of effort where it belongs.

Last edited:
Is that an upperclassmen Aaron Moser on the top left, lol. 2000 was an amazing team and the offense was definitely the best of the 2000-2002 years in my opinion. The whole team might have been the best of that period too. Wayne and Moss and Shockey and Portis just to name a few make this an impossible team to beat by the end of the season.

Advertisement
Is that an upperclassmen Aaron Moser on the top left, lol. 2000 was an amazing team and the offense was definitely the best of the 2000-2002 years in my opinion. The whole team might have been the best of that period too. Wayne and Moss and Shockey and Portis just to name a few make this an impossible team to beat by the end of the season.
Yes that's Moser

I remember the 2000 FSU and VT games and going through the programs and seeing how many great players were on the team. That was an all time great team. I don’t know what happened to those old programs.

Sure there was the FSU win but the team looked incredible in the VT game that year even though Vick didn’t start. The final score was 41-21 but we were up 28-0 and I think 41-14. The 2000 schedule was so much tougher than 2001.

I remember the 2000 FSU and VT games and going through the programs and seeing how many great players were on the team. That was an all time great team. I don’t know what happened to those old programs.

Sure there was the FSU win but the team looked incredible in the VT game that year even though Vick didn’t start. The final score was 41-21 but we were up 28-0 and I think 41-14. The 2000 schedule was so much tougher than 2001.
Beat the number 1 and 2 teams (at the time) too, IIRC. If we had an extra 60 seconds or so at Washington, we probably pull out that game and play for the title (should have done so anyway). Tremendous 3 year run, and who knows what we can do with a healthy Davenport in 1999.

Advertisement
One thing about Butch is that the 1995 team would've beaten ND in the Orange Bowl but there was the self imposed bowl ban. So right off the bat it should've been a memorable Orange Bowl matchup with ND, and the 1995 team was firing on all cylinders on a 7 game winning streak. The defense had a lot of great players including Ray Lewis, Kenard Lang, and Kenny Holmes.

Advertisement

Jamaal Green had one of the Greatest individual performances by a UM DLman in the 2000 UM vs VT game....

Advertisement
Back