Larry Blustein - 2014 Top 75 Prs Spring List - South Fla.

I guess one benefit of us, having such a small class is we can load the **** up next year. I don't really see us having both Cook and Sony.

It's why everyone clamoring for plan B DT's made zero sense. Even when you start getting away from the "elite" talent out there, there is still a ton left over. We are going to be invaded even more this year though than last year which is where the Crostobal, Coley, possibly Lockette or Bennett hires play a bigger role.

Exactly. TON of talent in our backyard next year. And like you said, they will be raiding down here, but even if we just pull our fair share, we are still going to make out like bandits. If we can snag Sony or Cook, kid like Clark, Flowers and Edouard or another one of the top QBs down here, kids like Patton, and Lane, are you F*(CKING KIDDING ME? That will be a top 10 class for sure. Then you fill in with kids like Moten, Darling, cherry pick a few OOS kids at needs positions, and we should have a LIGHTS OUT class. No need to burn ships on plan B guys at positions where we are not short of "bodies'.

Advertisement
I guess one benefit of us, having such a small class is we can load the **** up next year. I don't really see us having both Cook and Sony.

It's why everyone clamoring for plan B DT's made zero sense. Even when you start getting away from the "elite" talent out there, there is still a ton left over. We are going to be invaded even more this year though than last year which is where the Crostobal, Coley, possibly Lockette or Bennett hires play a bigger role.

Exactly. TON of talent in our backyard next year. And like you said, they will be raiding down here, but even if we just pull our fair share, we are still going to make out like bandits. If we can snag Sony or Cook, kid like Clark, Flowers and Edouard or another one of the top QBs down here, kids like Patton, and Lane, are you F*(CKING KIDDING ME? That will be a top 10 class for sure. Then you fill in with kids like Moten, Darling, cherry pick a few OOS kids at needs positions, and we should have a LIGHTS OUT class. No need to burn ships on plan B guys at positions where we are not short of "bodies'.

I mean I know each year we go on and on about the young talent in SFLA but this is probably the deepest, most talented pool I can remember.

Not only do most of these guys have sick highlights but they have been out there kicking *** on the camp circuits and in cases like Sony, wowing everyone for 3 or 4 years.

Larry Bluestein shame on you! Where is KC McDermott? Did I miss him on this list?

Missing out on Sony would be a much bigger disappointment than Cook IMO.

Not that Sony is the better player necessarily, though I think he is, but this is a kid that has been a Cane for years. He's been part of our university for as long as I can remember and has always loved us. We are in serious need of a workhorse back as well and he is the best one out there.

To lose him just isn't an option.

Advertisement
This abundance of talent came at a perfect moment for us
1. The NCAA stuff should finally be gone
2. We'll have Mario and coley (the Cuban bros) out there for a year
3. We're poised to have a good season for the first time in like 10 years

Palm Beach Central is becoming a little feeder school for us. I live right down the street from there and all my good friends went there. Since they opened Wellington High (my alma mater) has went to complete **** in all sports. I wonder how many of these kids would have ended up at Wellington High

Gabe Terry
AJL
Kc McDermott
Shane McDermott

Lane, Sony, cook, clark, Harris, Flowers, JoJo, Chad Thomas, Quincey.... is that too much to ask for?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give me the following: 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 11, 13, 16, 17, 24, 28, 30, 33, and 48. Add McDermott and Rudolph from PBC. A few from other parts of Florida, a couple out of state and call it a day...

Trevor Darling was a top 10-15 player in DADE...THIS YEAR...I'm guessing he is just low because the preference is on SKILL GUYS.

I think we eval the MNW kids this spring...Jo JO Robinson and the De.

Chad Thomas is a MUST...''I'm in agreement ...i dont think we get both COOK and Sony...though i still recruit both.....here is where i would be all in on that rb out of NJ. Jonathan Hillman.

Advertisement
Clark is a must get...even more than Sony imo

Meh. I would say Sony by a hair. Sony is priority 1. Clark is 1a. Remember, Duke will likely be getting ready to bolt so we need a feature back to come in or we will be VERY light.

Just saw on Rivals that James Coley was main recruiter for Ermon Lane. Not that FSU would be our biggest comp. but with a relationship, it should help.

Advertisement
Back