Lane v. The Pirate

Advertisement
Let's Go Pirates!

download5.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro, Leach went out and got the DC that many of us wanted to be Baker's replacement for UM, Zach Arnett. Now MSU is top 25 in total defense. #7 in rush defense. Crazy times. But it goes to show that all the people who kept saying "Leach doesn't care at all about defense" arent that bright. He hit a home run with his DC and now his defense looks pretty good. No reason Kiffin couldn't replicate that at UM. Arnett is making 600k per year at MSU (less than Diaz was making as UM) I'd be thrilled if he stole Arnett away from Leach to be UM DC. All that said, I think Ole Miss wins the game because Corral is the better QB, but more importantly the Ole Miss OL is better and will control the LOS.

These games have a weird way of subverting expectations. Everyone assumes it will be a high scoring shootout, but I wouldnt be surprised if Kiffin tries to stick with a ground game and control TOP. Ole Miss has the #7 rushing offense, MSU has the #7 rushing defense. MSU has the #2 passing offense so the key for Ole Miss will be limiting MSUs possessions. Going to be a fun game.
**** man. Good call on this one. You were pretty much spot on.

Advertisement
The CIS guysms will pick Lane cause he's the cute choice.
Me, I prefer Mario over Lane, but the longer this drags out, I see the new AD (Hopefully Jurich) taking a chance on Lane, which I have no problem with. As long as he's on his best behavior.

Advertisement
Back