Lane Kiffin

Advertisement
I was gonna say. I have never seen a tarpon caught in a brown lake before. He fishin for the UM job again or going back to FAU?

Advertisement
Those pictures were taken in Boca Grande over here on the West Coast (I dive those trestles for Stone Crabs in the background).

Both Saban and Dabo have vacation homes on the island (So did the late Bo Schembeckler) . Back when I was Tarpon guiding Boca Grande Pass, you never knew who would show up; Presidents, Actresses, all sorts of Professional athletes. I even fished a Boson Red Sox player on his last day of inured reserve before flying back to Boston.

It's Tarpon Season Baby! And, the Tarpon built this side of South Florida. The Tarpon is the STAR here, not Lane!!
DSC_0502.jpg
DSC_0425 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
I lykes da Lane trane but I ohnistly woodn’t giv either won a my nutz to git him. Dam sun u iz disparate! My dokter Granny Hawkins reckons I mite need both a dem jawbrakers down da rode iffin I keeps fawlin out my tree stand.

Those pictures were taken in Boca Grande over here on the West Coast (I dive those trestles for Stone Crabs in the background).

Both Saban and Dabo have vacation homes on the island. Back when I was Tarpon guiding Boca Grande Pass, you never knew who would show up; Presidents, Actresses, all sorts of Professional athletes. I even fished a Boson Red Sox player on his last day of inured reserve before flying back to Boston.

It's Tarpon Season Baby! And, the Tarpon built this side of South Florida. The Tarpon is the STAR here, not Lane!!View attachment 185199View attachment 185200
Been a few years since ive visited the area. Hows the water quality now.? I had to cancel a trip because the black death coming from okechobee

Last edited:
Been a few years since ive visited the area. Hows the water quality now.? I had to cancel a trip because the black death coming from okechobee
Funny you should ask, it's also coming from Phosphate discharges by MOSAIC down the Peace River - I Iive on the river, and its done a number on the fishing there.

The good news is the Pass and lower Harbor are wide with good flow - that flow keeps the crabs and shrimp rolling and that's been why the Tarpon have shown up forever. No red tide so far this spring. Although last March we had an outbreak at the mouth of the Peace River with none showing up anywhere in SW Fl.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Both Saban and Dabo have vacation homes on the island (So did the late Bo Schembeckler) . Back when I was Tarpon guiding Boca Grande Pass, you never knew who would show up; Presidents, Actresses, all sorts of Professional athletes. I even fished a Boson Red Sox player on his last day of inured reserve before flying back to Boston.

It's Tarpon Season Baby! And, the Tarpon built this side of South Florida. The Tarpon is the STAR here, not Lane!!View attachment 185199View attachment 185200
Tarpon also built the keys. Bonefish are around year round and permit are around majority of the year but the tarpon is the main attraction for these 4 months.

Lane would have been good but Mario is a better fit long term. I like both OM and Miami so it worked out perfectly for me.

Advertisement
Back